Rocksmith 2014 Championship week 174

Motive

How do you guys play bass sitting down? My fret hand elbow is as high as my head and my wrist hurts. Is it safe to say  bass players MUST stand?

At leas tthe larger strings don't dig into the skin as much as the unwound strings of a guitar. Greater noob longevity... :)

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

My arm is too short to play my bass while sitting comfortably.

http://i.imgur.com/QT4EU5h.jpg

I will too, post a video, but I have no time today to make it.

• Like 5

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

How do you guys mute a string on a real bass right after you've played it. Without muting it, it doesn't sound clean and percussive Example, that 6-fret wide bass handshape, do you play with index and middle finger or do you play it like finger-style, with 4 fingers on 4 strings muffling the sound right after it is struck. I find the A11 note particularly annoying as it keeps ringing out over the other subsequent notes.

Thanks for the noob help and helping me to better appreciate my bass 1-week rental.

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Yeah Stacy's Mom is giving me all kinds of inconsistent regging, but I assume it's just me/my guitar or the calibration/tuning given other people using the same cdlc are getting 98s etc.  It keeps saying I'm not hitting the notes when I palm mute (but fine when I don't palm mute), nor the 3 finger power chords, and I'm like, 'Female Dog, please'.

Yes! After 2 hours of riff-repeating and various speeds, section by section, I've finally beat my Blaze emulated guitar playthough score of 83% with a REAL bass score that exceeds it.

Those galloping triplets are hard to get perfect but the game is forgiving. Difficult to increase speed on triplets. Any tips?

I might actually get a bass picture-in-picture playthough later to show case my ultra noobishness on real bass. Least I could do if I am asking people to submit playthroughs. :)

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForge%20Championship/Week%20174%20-%20Ending%2025Feb2017/Blaze%20-%20Bass%20-%20Attempt%205%20with%20real%20bass_zpsydzuhvmb.png

• Like 4

A few more tries.... need to riff repeat that 6-fret section if I hope to get 90%

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForge%20Championship/Week%20174%20-%20Ending%2025Feb2017/Blaze%20-%20Bass%20-%20Attempt%208%20with%20real%20bass_zpskbwv1jdt.png

• Like 3

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

One hour warning.

Get your scores together!

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@@Berneer playing while sitting shouldn't be a problem if your bearing is good. If your elbow is at the high of your head something seems wrong, sounds like a classical guitar pose with your guitar's body diagonal between your thigs. If so then try to move your bass on your right thig and move it's head down. I personally prefer bass playing while sitting.

The string muting thing is just release the pressure of your fretting finger which controls the leght of the notes. Of course are there other ways to mute i.e. open strings like mute with left hand or just put a plucking finger on the string again, but this only works if the song is slow enough.

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

i think i did a very bad tallica try on tuesday...

ah.. here it is

http://up.picr.de/28426924ej.jpg

5 mins

...fighting hard with twch issues, my isp is like 60/10kbps (!) right now ;)

But only a question of patience ;)

• Like 2

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

FINISH FINISH FINISH!

Week 175 is on!

Well here is that bass playthrough, though 2% lower than my best. And I know I have terrible form. Wrist totally bent. Nothing to be proud about for showcasing, but, I want to have as much content for the video compilation I want to send to Blaze.

Cheers!  Thanks to all for being so welcoming. I cannot keep pace and currently participate to the CS regularly for now, but probably by the end of the summer, I should be back much more regularly. For now I have a bunch of other Rocksmith work to do to test stuff for raynebc, for Alex 360, make a Tech Notes Sequel caslled "Chordify tutorial, and then this summer my 2nd child will be born  and I administer a pretty serious soccer league, so it is really difficult to be a regular.

I hope you guys have a blast and I'll see you all soon!

As I am even less a bassist than a guitarist, please do offer things that stand out as the first candidates for me to correct when playing a bass. I feel  the tension everywhere, so my form has got to be very, very poor. :)

• Like 3

Yes! After 2 hours of riff-repeating and various speeds, section by section, I've finally beat my Blaze emulated guitar playthough score of 83% with a REAL bass score that exceeds it.

Those galloping triplets are hard to get perfect but the game is forgiving. Difficult to increase speed on triplets. Any tips?

I might actually get a bass picture-in-picture playthough later to show case my ultra noobishness on real bass. Least I could do if I am asking people to submit playthroughs. :)

Blaze%20-%20Bass%20-%20Attempt%205%20wit

This tip really helped me with my gallops:

Gallops are not triplets.  They are an 1/8th note followed by two 1/16th notes.

Picking pattern = D DUD DU

Make sure you count "1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and" and keep the picking hand in constant motion.

My gallops aren't where they need to be either, but getting a lot better practicing this way.

-Hope that helps.

• Like 1