Rocksmith won't start

Alain24601

Question

Hi there,

I haven't played since early January so when I launch Steam, Rocksmith won't start. I played the remastered version before so I\m not sure what changed. I re-downloaded the .dll file but it didn't work.

It just hangs without any error message. Any idea of what to do? I saw the post on USB key fixing it but it didn't work for me.

Any thoughts?

Platform is PC

11 answers to this question

another thing to try is to make sure you only are running one microphone* at a time.

go to the bottom right corner, right click the speaker and the click recording devices.

make sure to disable anything that is NOT the rocksmith tone cable. 

they actually have done a few updates now and i think the second one made

the cable not work when anything conflicted with the rs cable.

hope that helps!

*the rs tone cable gets recognized in windows as a microphone.

Do you have a folder shortcut called SpecialK by any chance in your game folder ?

I've found out that this program is in conflict with Rocksmith CDLC fix.

What I did was download the latest SKIM64.exe on https://github.com/Kaldaien/SpecialK/releases/tag/sk_gui 
I then uninstalled it and the game finally launch.

Possible reason why you have this mod installed: you have already played a "Tales of ..." game on steam for exemple, Nier automata also had some fixes applied through this mod.

I've reinstalled windows, reset my pc, and everytime I put my CDLC in my dlc folder, and a fresh DLL file in my rocksmith folder.  Absolutely jack **** happens!  I've been sitting here for hours on end, reinstalling, deleting, patching up old file extensions etc (boredom) and I still can't get RS to work with CDLC... It's pissing me off!!!  It's been a full week, that i've been messing with this damn thing, I even downloaded CFSM and ran the beta, and although the files show to be there.  Absolutely nothing is showing in the game as far as CDLC goes...  It's gotta be some corrupt file in my dlc list..  No other explanation for this annoying ****!  Sorry for the rant, I'm just so over ****ing with it right now..  Any suggestions and I would be grateful!

• Administrator

@@Xellot you are saying that the file don't show up in game at all? Are you sure you own Cherub Rock and it is installed according to steam?

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

lol oh yeah!  I've had CDLC and rocksmith for years!  I've got over 3,000 songs, but for whatever reason, they wont show up in the damn game.  I think I have to many copies of steam, and RS on this computer.  I deleted my windows.old files just because I got so damn sick and tired of this ****!!  And yes, and I have Cherub rock!  I don't know what is going on, or how the hell I keep getting so many damn copies of steam, and RS on the same damn computer.. But it's driving me crazy!!!!