Rocksmith 2014 Championship week 173

fripponomic

Then onto a great song both by the GoGo's and the Fun Boy Three with Bananarama , always loved it, and seen all three of them live,

scuqcut1618dv0o6g.jpg

bloody winds me up when i see a couple of 99%'s go straight in and i struggled like hell to get through without the dreaded XXX's but something just clicked and i think i'll get into the 98%'s by Friday.

6v4a5043h34pl4o6g.jpg

loved playing this but i had to drag myself away to concentrate on my class

night night all

• Like 6

Fishbone - AIDS & Armageddon

Lead 4

Rhythm 4 

Bass 3

Bass was hard to rate, because the whole song is very easy, 2 or maybe 1, but in the end there are a few bars much harder, about level 7, but it's a small part, maybe 15-20 sec of 6 min. 

Maybe it's just me, but I don't agree with your rating of the bass difficulty. The last quarter of Aids and Armageddon is more difficult than the riff in Slow Down, and A&A doesn't have the frequent pauses to regroup.  If one quarter of the song is a 7 in difficulty, then the song should be rated a 7.

• Like 2

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@@2groggy maybe you are right, but it's not that long. A quarter would be 1:30. But it is longer than I thought, about 40 sec, but only fast, not that hard, more a 6 than 7.... because of that I rated it as 3 instead 1 or 2. If we'd change again we'd have no real beg song. I hope you bassists can rumble through this last part with some RR training, or should we again change classes????

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@@2groggy maybe you are right, but it's not that long. A quarter would be 1:30. But it is longer than I thought, about 40 sec, but only fast, not that hard, more a 6 than 7.... because of that I rated it as 3 instead 1 or 2. If we'd change again we'd have no real beg song. I hope you bassists can rumble through this last part with some RR training, or should we again change classes????

You and I are FreeBirds so we don't have horses in this race. So I vote to just leave it as is.  I'm working through that section in RR and can keep things together up to about 90% speed.  After that, the wheels fall off.

• Like 1

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

I'm not sure how difficulty ratings are determined, but for me the Fishbone song is definitely not a 1 or 2.  I wouldn't call it beginner level at all, nor did I think Jump in the Fire was beginner level for bass.  Maybe that's because I am just not good enough as a bass player yet, maybe that is due to my disability, I don't know.  But speaking as someone who still considers themselves very much a beginner level bass player, these songs are pretty tough, and more like intermediate level to me.  I'm not trying to complain or criticize, just putting my two cents in.

• Like 1

@@chickentacos we sort songs by lead difficulty to choose them by RNG, then we have to sort the difficult levels of the chosen songs for rhm and bass. This week's selections for bass are very similar difficulties, and I agree this A&A part is hard, but I thought compared with the rest of the song it's very short and levels it's difficulty up from 1-2 to 3. OK, let's level up to 4, we have another intermediate and I give you all another new bass beginner song to play. Let's take Anarchy for the UK, we played it at a previous week and doesn't need to be tested again, anyway it's real beginner level. The problem was we had no proper Int for lead before and everything I've tested was just crap, so I took one I could be sure it's a very well made high quality cdlc in all arrangements. I'll fill in the link later from PC.

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Attention.... new Bass song for Beginner Class is

Sex Pistols - Anarchy In The U.K. played at week 150

If you don't like the slightly detuned sounding you can easily fix it with the Toolkit I already described. (if anybody cares)

• Like 1

Oh, I forgot to say, I think the Go-gos bass is not quite right towards the end.  It's the bit where you have to play the fifth fret on the A string.  I keep thinking it's out of tune and want to shift my fretting hand... Anyone else hear it?

• Like 1

@@missis sumner & @, didn't you noticed the fixed version I suggested, you'll find the link in the comments. I fixed it (needed about 2h) to get a clean and right version. I noticed that as well (and more) while testing and repaired the cdlc. This should be okay.

• Like 1

Welcome @@JuneBeatle80! Don't worry, you did pretty well :)

Happy birthday @@punchyrumble!

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

@@missis sumner & @, didn't you noticed the fixed version I suggested, you'll find the link in the comments. I fixed it (needed about 2h) to get a clean and right version. I noticed that as well (and more) while testing and repaired the cdlc. This should be okay.

I thought I had downloaded the fixed version?  I'll check again tonight.

http://i.imgur.com/AOcZHGt.jpg

New version surprised me here and there.

http://i.imgur.com/47hm8ou.jpg

4? It is quite simple and not really fast. So maybe 3 after all?

http://i.imgur.com/07vRX6A.jpg

This on other hand... I agree that it is simple at start, but ending (and it is not short) was the most difficult part from all 3 songs that I played. 4-5, maybe 4. Definitely more then Moboroshi.

• Like 6

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures