Bug with Low Bass Tuning Fix

After adding arrangement and applying low bass tuning fix toolkit each time adds Fixed at the end of tuning name in tuningdefinition.xml

<TuningDefinition Version="RS2014" Name="B Standard Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed" UIName="B Standard Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed" Custom="true">

• Developer

Thanks for report.  Will fix in next toolkit beta release.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

After adding arrangement and applying low bass tuning fix toolkit each time adds Fixed at the end of tuning name in tuningdefinition.xml

<TuningDefinition Version="RS2014" Name="B Standard Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed" UIName="B Standard Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed Fixed" Custom="true">

Please test the latest beta release of the toolkit when you can and let me know if I fixed it.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

Yep. Except the part where tuning was not showing up as "Fixed" until I restarted toolkit and added arrangement again.

Please PM me the CDLC that you are using so that we can be on same page.

• Developer

So I think I have the toolkit working more effectively than before and have solved the issues/bugs that were discovered.  While I was at it, I made quite a few changes and improvements to the 'CDLC Creator' GUI and code.  Would appreciate you testing the the latest beta build of the toolkit carefully and let me know if you find any bugs that were missed.

Latest beta build is very buggy. Here are some bugs I've found:

• psarc import doesn't save dlc.xml template for you
  • importing tone template with name less than 6 characters long will ... well I'm not sure how to even describe what's going on with the name when I'm trying to edit it
  • package generation always fails with "Could not find a part of the path.." (path to arrangement ends with filename twice ...\PART REAL_GUITAR_RS2.xml\PART REAL_GUITAR_RS2.xml)
  • error logs not saved

And toolkit probably should after loading template/importing psarc with "fixed" tuning add it to tuningdefinition.xml so it would show up correctly.

Also would be nice to check if loaded template contains fixed bass arrangement that was resaved in eof (offset:-1200, but tuning not fixed).

• Developer

Appreciate the feedback and suggestions:

'psarc import doesn't save dlc.xml template for you'  Restored template save feature

importing tone template with name less than 6 characters long will ... well I'm not sure how to even describe what's going on with the name when I'm trying to edit it'   Fixed tone naming

'package generation always fails with "Could not find a part of the path.." (path to arrangement ends with filename twice ...\PART REAL_GUITAR_RS2.xml\PART REAL_GUITAR_RS2.xml)'  Fixed bad path

'error logs not saved'  Should work again, plz confirm.

'And toolkit probably should after loading template/importing psarc with "fixed" tuning add it to tuningdefinition.xml so it would show up correctly.'  A new checkbox "Fix Low Bass Tuning" was added to the "Configuration" menu.  If checked, any low bass tuning will be automagically fixed and the fixed tuning will be saved to the tuningdefinition.xml file when 'Import Package' is used.

'Also would be nice to check if loaded template contains fixed bass arrangement that was resaved in eof (offset:-1200, but tuning not fixed).'  Added bass tuning checker that should warn you if this occurs.

Let me know if find anymore bugs.  Thanks

New bug: prompt to save template will popup before generation is finished

Tuning still not listed as Fixed if imported/loaded for the first time. I was hoping that after loading/importing any cdlc I will be able to see that bass fix was applied just by looking at the bass tuning name (this doesn't work for import until restart, and for loading template doesn't work at all)

'And toolkit probably should after loading template/importing psarc with "fixed" tuning add it to tuningdefinition.xml so it would show up correctly.'  A new checkbox "Fix Low Bass Tuning" was added to the "Configuration" menu.  If checked, any low bass tuning will be automagically fixed and the fixed tuning will be saved to the tuningdefinition.xml file when 'Import Package' is used.

I don't think that anything should be fixed when using import because for already generated psark it would make more sense to fix errors from packer/unpacker tab

Also would be nice to check if loaded template contains fixed bass arrangement that was resaved in eof (offset:-1200, but tuning not fixed).'  Added bass tuning checker that should warn you if this occurs.

I don't see any warnings, but this error probably should just be automagiclly fixed after loading template since it will occur when you trying to fix errors in newly made cdlc.

'error logs not saved'  Should work again, plz confirm.

That error "Could not find a part of the path.." had so much info on it that I assumed it should be logged, but if only uncatched exceptions supposed to be logged then all good.

• Developer

Please try latest toolkit beta.

"prompt to save template will popup before generation is finished"  Fixed

"Tuning still not listed as Fixed if imported/loaded for the first time. I was hoping that after loading/importing any cdlc I will be able to see that bass fix was applied just by looking at the bass tuning name (this doesn't work for import until restart, and for loading template doesn't work at all)"  Does the preceeding, contradict this ... "I don't think that anything should be fixed when using import because for already generated psark it would make more sense to fix errors from packer/unpacker tab"  In either case, you now have option to disable the auto 'Fix Low Bass Tuning' in the 'Config' menu so you can use it how ever you like.  When automagically fixed, you will see the 'Create, Edit, or Confirm Tuning' form popup when a fixed bass tuning is being added for the first time to the tuning repo.  This is done so that you can confirm the accuracy of AI tuning that was selected for the fix by the toolkit.  This only occurs in the 'Creator GUI'.  The 'Packer/Unpacker' Low Bass Tuning fix only fixes the tuning.  It does not add the low bass fixed tuning to tuning repo as this task is done by the 'Creator GUI'.

"I don't see any warnings, but this error probably should just be automagiclly fixed after loading template since it will occur when you trying to fix errors in newly made cdlc."  You will only see warning when either bass tuning has been previously 'Fixed' and frequency is not set properly to 220Hz or vice versa. 

I was not saying that new autofix is bad or shouldn't been added, i meant that this was not exactly was I was asking for and does not fixes inconsistent behavior between when I'm loading/importing already fixed cdlc to newly downloaded toolkit and loading/importing same cdlc any other time after fixed tuning was added http://imgur.com/eTy3B3r

On the resaved issue. Here is my workflow when making new cdlc : charting in eof -> adding all to toolkit and saving as template, generation -> test in Rocksmith -> If there any problems I'm fixing them in eof, resaving -> loading template in toolkit and hitting generate button. Now this will work all the time, except when bass arrangement has low tuning. I want (if possible of course) toolkit to stop me some time in between after template was loaded and hitting generate button and say hey cdlc you will generate won't work correctly (frequency and offset still set to 220 and -1200, but tuning in arrangement was resaved to -5)

And prompt to save template still pops up everytime.

• Developer

Got it, you want toolkit to check bass tuning when 'Load Template' is used.  Is that correct?  I personally don't use 'Load Template' so I probably overlooked adding autofix to this feature.  Will add it.

Yes, that would fix part of the problem. I guess I just don't understand how tuning names assigned if specific tuning doesn't exist in tuningdefinition.xml. Let's say I loaded template with bass arrangement (tuning string0="7" string1="7" string2="7" string3="7" string4="7" string5="7"). Toolkit will call this tuning "B Standard" (top part of the image http://imgur.com/eTy3B3r). Why/how this name was assigned to it?

So I looked at RocksmithToolkitLib/XmlRepository/TuningDefinition.cs and I want new TuningFamily to be added. First two string should be same && each string >=2 and call this "{0} Standard (Fixed)" This would fix the problem I have, but also would prevent creation of two tunings with the same name.

Name can also be changed to more generic "{0} Standard (bass fix/octave higher)" in case this tuning is used for something else. Would this work?

Edited by theSG

• Developer

"Let's say I loaded template with bass arrangement (tuning string0="7" string1="7" string2="7" string3="7" string4="7" string5="7"). Toolkit will call this tuning "B Standard" (top part of the image http://imgur.com/eTy3B3r). Why/how this name was assigned to it?"

The toolkit will do its best to name unknown tuning using TuningString2Name algo.  If 'Fix Low Bass Tuning' is checked in the 'Configurtion' menu the new tuning is now saved to the TuningDefinition repository for use later.  The first time a new tuning is added you will be asked to confirm that the toolkit has named the tuning properly.  This is just a quick confirmation.  Once done it will not popup again.  After that the new tuning will be available for use anytime later.

"First two string should be same && each string >=2 and call this "{0} Standard (Fixed)" This would fix the problem I have, but also would prevent creation of two tunings with the same name.  Name can also be changed to more generic "{0} Standard (bass fix/octave higher)" in case this tuning is used for something else. Would this work?"  The revised toolkit checks to ensure that duplicate tuning names and/or tuning strings are not added to the repository.  Tuning name and tuning strings must be unique.  You can create the tuning and naming that you want as long as you adhere to this requirement.  Just use the Tuning Add, Edit, Confirm window to add your tunings to the repository.  Make sure you check the box to add the new tuning to the repository so that it is available for later use.

Toolkit  now checks 'Load Templates' for proper tuning as long as the 'Configuration' menu checkbox 'Fix Low Bass Tuning'  is checked.

rev 0bb9cf4b

• The Creator, Edit or Confirm Tuning window pops up all the time when new arrangement added (even for non-custom tunings)
  • Re-saved bass arrangements not fixed when 'Load Template' is used
  • When importing old cdlc (without version) you will get missing info error and template won't be saved, also version field not filled when all song info pulled from the xml arrangement (in older versions default value 1 would be used for both cases)

• Developer

• The Creator, Edit or Confirm Tuning window pops up all the time when new arrangement added (even for non-custom tunings) Fixed
  •  
  • Re-saved bass arrangements not fixed when 'Load Template' is used  Implemented template auto saving when arrangements are added/edited.
  •  
  • When importing old cdlc (without version) you will get missing info error and template won't be saved, also version field not filled when all song info pulled from the xml arrangement (in older versions default value 1 would be used for both cases)  This is by design.  Old legacy toolkits did not write a version number.  Therefore, in past defaulted to version 1.  This is not a good practice, so now required users to input a version number when editing legacy CDLC.

Re-saved bass arrangements not fixed when 'Load Template' is used  Implemented template auto saving when arrangements are added/edited.

No. I meant that auto fix in this case:

On the resaved issue. Here is my workflow when making new cdlc : charting in eof -> adding all to toolkit and saving as template, generation -> test in Rocksmith -> If there any problems I'm fixing them in eof, resaving -> loading template in toolkit and hitting generate button. Now this will work all the time, except when bass arrangement has low tuning. I want (if possible of course) toolkit to stop me some time in between after template was loaded and hitting generate button and say hey cdlc you will generate won't work correctly (frequency and offset still set to 220 and -1200, but tuning in arrangement was resaved to -5)

doesn't work. Probably because auto low bass tuning fix is checking for tuning to be < -4 and frequency not equal to 220, but with resaved bass arrangement frequency is already set to 220

And as someone who likes to add arrangements one by one to set correct tone and lead/rhythm/bonus path, template auto saving after each one is literally the worst thing ever

• Developer

Why is template auto save bad?  Most users won't even notice it happening.  If bass arrangement  is changed in EOF then toolkit will refix it if autofix is turned on and arrangement is re-added.

The problem may be here: "If there any problems I'm fixing them in eof, resaving -> loading template in toolkit and hitting generate button."  Currently, you should not reuse the template if you change an arrangement in EOF.  The template data supersedes the xml arrangements (the idea being not to change/write xml arrangements when it is not necessary).  When template is reloaded the xml file data is not completely reloaded.  Toolkit does not save changes to xml arrangements until package is actually generated.  In the event of editing mistake this allows the original xml to be reloaded.

Maybe what is needed is to use data directly and completely from xml arrangements when loading template and to autosave xml arrangements when added/edited in toolkit.  This is not done now.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy