Song Ends Before Starting, But Doesn't Freeze/Crash

Fyron

Question

I am trying to make a CDLC, and I can get through the entire process with no issues, and the song appears in my library, but when I try to play it, it stops before any notes appear, then ends as if the song finished. I get 0% Accuracy and Mastery, of course.

I haven't found anything on this particular issue, and I have tried all of the ways I think could solve it, but it consistently does this. If needed, I can provide the files (I assume this goes without saying).

As I said, EOF and the Toolkit give no errors. Also, as said in the title, there are no other issues (dead tone, freezing, crashing, etc.), and the custom tone works while it (briefly) shows the note highway (or whatever it's called).

11 answers to this question

I did some forum searching and I can't redistribute wwise on these boards, but you can still download the version that works with the toolkit.  On the wwise download page click "Older Versions".  Unfortunately you have to register on the site, but if you feel uncomfortable giving them your e-mail address just use a throwaway.

Download 2015.1.9 build 5264 (stable) and the autoinstaller will put it on your machine.  You do not have to delete the old version, just point to the right directory in the toolkit (likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Audiokinetic\Wwise v2015.1.9 build 5624).  FYI, I just installed this version and it works on my machine.

Now you will never have to open Wwise again, and you are less likely to make a mistake during the conversion process (a common error when the song doesn't start properly).

I bet that will fix the problem, but if it doesn't we'll go from there.

• Like 1

Did you create the wem file in wwise or did you let the toolkit do it for you?

Do you get preview audio from the learn a song screen?

Did you accidentally change the package id to something other than Cherub Rock?

Does the song play in Score Attack Mode?

Just to get this out of the way, you have the dll file and can play other customs, right?

Yes, I created the .wem files in WWise;

No, there is no preview audio (although, I did make a preview audio file and put it through WWise also);

No, the ID is still Cherub Rock;

It does the same thing on Score Attack for all difficulties;

Yes, I have many other CDLC and all of the ones I've played work perfectly.

No, there is no preview audio (although, I did make a preview audio file and put it through WWise also);

No need to use wwise yourself.  The toolkit will build the wem files for you.

Delete your wem files (keep the wav and _preview.wav files) and the toolkit will automate.

In the toolkit CONFIG menu make sure you are pointing towards the wwise directory (probably something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Audiokinetic\Wwise)

• Like 1

No need to use wwise yourself.  The toolkit will build the wem files for you.

Delete your wem files (keep the wav and _preview.wav files) and the toolkit will automate.

In the toolkit CONFIG menu make sure you are pointing towards the wwise directory (probably something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Audiokinetic\Wwise)

I did most of this, but the Toolkit gave me an error and said to use the "2013.1.x, 2014.1.x, or even 2015.1.x" versions of Wwise. So, I opened the Wwise Launcher to get one of those versions instead of the one I already have (2016.2.1.5995), but not only did it not appear to be an option, but I also couldn't uninstall my current version (I don't even know if that's necessary). So unless I was just doing something wrong, I will try to do this in the morning when I have more time.

There are no direct download links - you've to register to see them ...

I can't remember that I registered or used any laucher to download and maybe it has changed since I dl it.

https://www.audiokinetic.com/download/

The launcher (on Mac) only shows 2016.x versions for installation - haven't tested the windows version, but maybe it's the same there.

I can't remember that I registered or used any laucher to download and maybe it has changed since I dl it.

The launcher (on Mac) only shows 2016.x versions for installation - haven't tested the windows version, but maybe it's the same there.

You didn't have to register in the past (none of us did) but it seems now you have to.  If I get any spam from them I'll update this post.

• Administrator

This link might allow you guys to get the 2015 version without registering (i hope) : https://www.audiokinetic.com/files/?get=2015.1.9_5624/Wwise_v2015.1.9_Setup.exe

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I did some forum searching and I can't redistribute wwise on these boards, but you can still download the version that works with the toolkit.  On the wwise download page click "Older Versions".  Unfortunately you have to register on the site, but if you feel uncomfortable giving them your e-mail address just use a throwaway.

I did not see the "Older Versions" before, good to know!

Yes, the launcher only shows 2016.x versions for me too, and I am on Windows.

You didn't have to register in the past (none of us did) but it seems now you have to.  If I get any spam from them I'll update this post.

I did have to register to get my 2016.x version, and had to use my account as well to access the 2015.1.9 version that I now have.

It worked! I got the 2015.1.9 version of Wwise, and then everything worked, more or less. I played the CDLC a few times with no issues. Now I just have to fix some bad notes and syncing. Thanks guys!