User Profile transfer

First off, I just discovered CustomsForge and by proxy, this outstanding tool, in the last few days after having played Rocksmith for years.  Its amazing!  Thank you guys.

Now my question is, using the User Profile Backup/Restore option, would I be able to transfer my profile to another computer?  My father and I both play, but on separate Steam accounts.  I hate going there and not having my progress.  Ive got no issue bringing a thumb drive with me to get my profile and stats on his computer.  Is this at all possible?

I searched the issue here on the forums, but to no avail.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Alex

• Like 1

• Developer

You can transfer your user profile to another computer using CGT Game Save Gigbox feature. Just follow the prompts in the program.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

Yes.  And what have you tried?

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm back at my folks place trying to get this to work. I brought a "transfer" version of my profile with me. I have blank profile of the same name on his RS and have transferred my profile on using his profile id. The issue now is that, while it shows some things (random stats on the stats page) it has not ported my percentages and play through counts.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer
  1. Create a new Rocksmith user profile on your dad's computer.
  2. Play Rocksmith and initialize your new profile including playing at least one song with the new profile.
  3. Copy the LocalProfiles.json and *.prfldb files (all of them) from your dad's computer to a USB thumb drive.
  4. Install the most recent version of CGT on your computer where you play Rocksmith and want to transfer your profile from (follow my signature link to download CGT).

Let me know when you get this far.

• 2 months later...
  • Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Hi @@cozy1 !!

Well i gotta jump in here for i wanna optimise exactly the same situation for myself.

Once a week i drive over to a friend of mine for a few multiplayer songs. We do syncronise our CDLC library over a cloud service - so really convenient my songs are always there. It´s just unpractical to always have to manually transfer my stats there, and then again back when back home, (as well as his to my account ...) I have tried, but we just fail to do that everytime for being to lazy.

So i have to automatice that. What can easily be done is have my currently updated profile .prfl file and LocalProfiles.json always on site cause i can simply copy them on the cloud service over a batch file on RS-exit.

So here is my big big favor i am asking your help:

Is there a way to auto-update an already transferred profile - maybe via a batch file before RS-Start.

I don´t know how far you have gone regarding command line parameters on your genious CGT - but that would be easiest if possible, or do you have another idea (i fear only copying over the updated .prfl won´t do even on an already transferred profile, or will it?)

Thx, cheers and rock on!

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

ok... i think i have sorted it out. My tests show that a valid prfldb file can be overwritten by another valid one (meaning it can be deleted and another valid one can be renamed to it and placed in the /remote folder) and the stats of the updated file are there :)

So option

1) I can cloudsync the .prfldb of my player, and create a batchfile at my pals system to overwrite it to my .prfldb there to match the profile id and on RS exit backup back to the cloud and rename back at home.

--- Do you, too think that will work?

2) Can i use the same profile with the same profile id at home and at my pals?

If i can just copy over the whole Profile files syncing would be super easy.

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

• Developer

@rodman  I will have to think about this.  Saves are signed with a ProfileID to only play on the system they were createded on.  You would have to have the ProfileID from your save on your friends system which would then need to be transferred to your cloud save.  This process would have to be repeated when you return to your home system.  You can do this with CGT now, so you should be able to do it with a CLI tool.

Do you have the ProfileIDs for both systems?

@rodman I will have to think about this. Saves are signed with a ProfileID to only play on the system they were createded on. You would have to have the ProfileID from your save on your friends system which would then need to be transferred to your cloud save. This process would have to be repeated when you return to your home system. You can do this with CGT now, so you should be able to do it with a CLI tool.

Do you have the ProfileIDs for both systems?

Sure, i have access and can modify the hell out of everything:)

If you could help that would be a blast :)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

@@cozy1 - do you know/think - is the ProfileID in any way linked to the steam or UPlay account, or is it just created on RS install in the way "a valid ProfileID is needed". If the later would be the case i could just add his player to my Profile, then copy my whole /remote dir over and let it cloudsync on both systems as we do with the CDLCs.

2) is the profile id stored in the .prfldb files ( i don´t think so)

Thx