CustomsForge "Remastered" + MAGFEST 2017

Unleashed2k

• Administrator

Hey all we've been long overdue for a community update. 

I wanted to let everyone know that our lead developer has been super busy but will be returning to the project again soon so we can move to public beta testing.

Please remember we only have one developer rewriting ignition at the moment, and others are assisting him.

Our current plan is to do a large scale upgrade of CustomsForge. This will include the following:
1) Upgrading IP Board from 3.4 to 4.1

2) Upgrading authentication code (login script) 

2) Upgrading Ignition to IgnitionFUSE

This will remove a lot of community features such as groups but we will look into modifications so we can keep these features. 
Unfortunately to move forward we must do this, as IP Board 3.4's code is out of date and is basically end of life. We want to enable SSL site-wide and increase security on our website.

Additionally we want to improve and add other features such as creators which will show tutorials on how to create CDLC better, and also better visual tutorials on how to use CDLC, etc.

I am going through a list of volunteer applications and I will be adding hopefully at least 5+ new staff members to our teams. My plan is to expand so we can get development of this project going. It's a lot of work. We gain around 150 users per day daily.

We have a lot of support requests, user visits, and problems. We understand the frustration of the community and we're right there with you. We're going to start working harder for you guys and make sure we are more transparent this year.

We want to get this done and out the door so everyone has a pleasent search experience across all browsers, including edge / mobile. 

MAGFEST 2017

Magfest was a blast this year. Because I volunteered 30 hours last year (and this year) I got a free hotel staff suite room, and a free ticket w/ two free staff shirts. We had multiple singers, guitarists and bassists. From all skill levels.
Unfortunately my bag with goodies was lost by jetblue which angers me, but next year I will be shipping them so that won't happen again. 

Here's some pictures / video of our visit. I'll be adding more later.

http://i.imgur.com/fF2bxPC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9xSiQCb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uuWoPg2.jpg

Some footage: 

We're really proud of our booth and we will be returning for MAGFEST 2018. Next year we will be planning our booth even better. We hope to get a stage this year, unfortunately we didn't get a stage this year. We did get a nice screen and an amazing speaker setup. 

Next year we want to professionally record some footage and take better photos.

We're looking into expanding at a few other conventions. Possibly magwest and some florida conventions. You'll hear more about this if we decide to do anything.

Thanks for stopping by! I met a lot of CF users there and it's always a pleasure to see you.

Thanks to Conway, Dallas, Zerkz for being there.

I hope this clears everything up and I'll be posting another update in February. 

- Mark

• Like 6

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• Administrator

Really?? .....thats it?...Thats   "MagFEST"??     wow  lol

http://magfest.org/ is a huge convention! We're just a tiny section in the convention hall :)

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)