A Question About CFSM

EeveeonE

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but it isn't made very clear where you ask questions about anything on these forums. 

My question is, how does CFSM (CustomsForge Song Manager) fix the 100% mastery bug? 

I'm really curious how it works, because I'm wondering if it's possible to prevent the 100% mastery bug when creating a CDLC.

• Administrator

@@SuperSonic You can prevent that bug by using a version of the toolkit that is superior to the V2.7.1.

As for the CFSM, there's a repair tab that allow to mass fix the CDLC you have. @@Lovroman is probably better suited to give a detailled answer there but that tab is pretty self explanatory.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Developer

CFSM unpacks a song, validates & updates the song data of each of the song's XML files (and then DD  can be added & max five arrangements issue can be fixed) then it adds some info to the file, so that it's repair status can be properly identified and repacks it using the updated RSTK libs. (there was an issue with chord generation in older version, which caused the 100% mastery issue and it was fixed by cozy a few months ago, so he's the guy to ask if you want to know more about it)

As mr. firekorn said, you should use one of the newer versions (if you have one of the versions which came out a after first half of October, you should be good to go)

• Like 1

• Developer

"I'm wondering if it's possible to prevent the 100% mastery bug when creating a CDLC."

Simple ... use the latest toolkit beta to generate the CDLC and you won't have the bug.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Thanks guys. I got v2.7.1. And thanks for the explanation 'Lovroman' I was really interested to know what happened behind the scenes. 

But I've got another question. How come some CDLC's are corrupt, and cannot be repaired?

What's the reasoning behind it?

• Developer

"How come some CDLC's are corrupt, and cannot be repaired?  What's the reasoning behind it?"

Two reasons:

1) CDLC was produced using old version of toolkit which did shitty job of validation of data entries.  New toolkit version does much better job of validating and checking project files for errors before CDLC is generated.

2) CDLC author/charter did a crappy job of producing the CDLC in the first place.  There is a lot of garbage out there that people post without doing a good job of debugging and testing.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

"How come some CDLC's are corrupt, and cannot be repaired?  What's the reasoning behind it?"

Two reasons:

1) CDLC was produced using old version of toolkit which did shitty job of validation of data entries.  New toolkit version does much better job of validating and checking project files for errors before CDLC is generated.

2) CDLC author/charter did a crappy job of producing the CDLC in the first place.  There is a lot of garbage out there that people post without doing a good job of debugging and testing.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Oh, so like tones being stuck and all that?

That's strange, because some of my CDLC actually was corrupted and I made it all with the same version of the toolkit. To my disappointment, CDLC I made by the artist 'The Omnific', only half were repaired, the other half were corrupted, and the only one that used a five string bass on Rhythm was a song called 'Pharaoh' I don't know why it got corrupted. 

• Developer

A couple of additional tips. 

Open your CDLC project files in EOF.  If EOF throws any warnings when you go to save the project again before you exit then you may have some more EOF debugging work to do.  EOF does a go job of catching issues, the problem is that most users tend to just ignore these warnings which is not usually a good idea.  If you assign multitones in EOF then resist the urge to change the multitone names in the toolkit (you will get a warning if try to do this).

Open up the CFSM 'remasterd_error.log' file (do a Windows search for the file if you don't know where to find it).  The log has a pretty good description of what the CDLC corruption is.  This may help you narrow down what you have to debug/fix in the EOF project before regenerating in the toolkit.

• Like 1

Open your CDLC project files in EOF.  If EOF throws any warnings when you go to save the project again before you exit then you may have some more EOF debugging work to do.  EOF does a go job of catching issues, the problem is that most users tend to just ignore these warnings which is not usually a good idea.  If you assign multitones in EOF then resist the urge to change the multitone names in the toolkit (you will get a warning if try to do this).

Open up the CFSM 'remasterd_error.log' file (do a Windows search for the file if you don't know where to find it).  The log has a pretty good description of what the CDLC corruption is.  This may help you narrow down what you have to debug/fix in the EOF project before regenerating in the toolkit.

EOF throws a warning at me every time, up to two usually. And I never really bothered to get rid of them because most of my CDLC's have the same warnings in EOF. As for tones, I never change the name. I know that can cause issues. I'll see what I can do.

• Developer

I downloaded the  6 'Omnific' CDLC you created.  The latest beta CFSM repairs all the 'Omnific' CDLC without throwing any errors.  If you are still experiencing problems in the game with any of these CDLC after repair then I would suggest checking the CDLC Sections/Phrases in EOF for proper placement.  Also check any chords that may not be named or placed correctly (EOF will throw errors for these).

Looks like you are using custom tuning in 'Avant-Garde'.  This can also cause in-game problems if you have not defined the custom tuning properly in the toolkit.  Additionally, I would suggest dropping the '-' dash from the sortable song title as this may also be the cause of in-game problems.  (The new beta of the toolkit will validate the song information fields.  Dashes are not permitted in the sortable fields.  You owe me $10 bucks if you ask why!)

Make sure you are using the latest version of EOF and the latest beta toolkit.

I downloaded the  6 'Omnific' CDLC you created.  The latest beta CFSM repairs all the 'Omnific' CDLC without throwing any errors.  If you are still experiencing problems in the game with any of these CDLC after repair then I would suggest checking the CDLC Sections/Phrases in EOF for proper placement.  Also check any chords that may not be named or placed correctly (EOF will throw errors for these).

Looks like you are using custom tuning in 'Avant-Garde'.  This can also cause in-game problems if you have not defined the custom tuning properly in the toolkit.  Additionally, I would suggest dropping the '-' dash from the sortable song title as this may also be the cause of in-game problems.  (The new beta of the toolkit will validate the song information fields.  Dashes are not permitted in the sortable fields.  You owe me $10 bucks if you ask why!)

Make sure you are using the latest version of EOF and the latest beta toolkit.

Huh. Okay. That's strange, on my end, only three Omnific CDLC's got Corrupted. I can't remember all of them, but there were some that were corrupted. Very strange. 

Open your CDLC project files in EOF.  If EOF throws any warnings when you go to save the project again before you exit then you may have some more EOF debugging work to do.  EOF does a go job of catching issues, the problem  is that most users tend to just ignore these warnings which is not usually a good idea.  If you assign multitones in EOF then resist the urge to change the multitone names in the toolkit (you will get a warning if try to do this).

Open up the CFSM 'remasterd_error.log' file (do a Windows search for the file if you don't know where to find it).  The log has a pretty good description of what the CDLC corruption is.  This may help you narrow down what you have to debug/fix in the EOF project before regenerating in the toolkit IS  pur SINUS convertisseurs .

EOF throws a warning at me every time, up to two usually. And I never really bothered to get rid of them because most of my CDLC's have the same warnings in EOF. As for tones, I never change the name. I know that can cause issues. I'll see what I can do.

I AM CONFRONTED TO THIS PROBLEM OF EOF I NEVER FOUND A SOLUTION AND EVEN BY MODIFYING THE TONS THIS PROBLEM PERSITY ALWAYS, FROM I BREAK BECAUSE IT SAOUL ....