Mick Gordon's DOOM 2016 OST

Kenk0inc

Question

Hey guys, I posted a request for a few really amazing songs off of the new award winning DOOM official sound track by legendary bad ass Mick Gordon. I already posted a request for Rip & tear and Hellwalker, which are two of the best tracks IMO that would be awesome to learn and rock out to. Unless anyone with actual cdlc creation experience has already started some of these songs, I would love to give it a shot. Unfortunately I can't find any place that has these tracks in .gp4/.gp5 tab format. If anyone would like to collaborate, or knows where I can get theses files it would help a great deal. Perhaps there is a method I can convert a .midi file into a guitar pro tab file. I realize this would require some manual tweaking, which is why any advice or help that can be offered would be much appreciated. If you guys haven't listen to the new DOOM sound track by Mick Gordon I would head over to youtube and check it out. Its really amazing, and a few tracks would be perfect for rocksmith.

- DOOM 2016 OST for those interested.

7 answers to this question

• Administrator

@@Rockfirstlast He uploaded playthrough of some song where you see him using an 8 strings guitar but it seems like it mostly stay on the low 2 strings for most of the song and don't really use all 8.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Thanks guys. I'v actually seen a youtube video of someone playing a cover of this song with a 6 string, by dropping A. 

It doesn't look too difficult, but I'm not advanced enough to decipher guitar heavy distorted guitar chords by ear, at least not very well. I'd love to work on a CDLC for at least one bad ass track from the DOOM album, mostly because I don't think anyone else is working on any. Maybe the theme At Dooms Gate or the menu track Hellwalker would be easier instead? I know he uses a lot of crazy effects that might not be possible in Rocksmith, like running his guitar and pedals through a synthesizer so I'm not even positive some of these song effects are even possible in the game. 

That's pretty low, definitely 8 string.

You'll probably have to tab the songs using just your ear.  Since your guitar won't go that low you could pitch shift using a pedal in tone designer.

If you have midi files you can import them into tux guitar (probably guitar pro too) as a starting point.

actually its played with 9-strings! :P

• Administrator

@@Cytraxi Might depends on the song but at least of two them are played with 8 strings guitar. Rip And Tear is for example played on 8 strings according to Mick Gordon playthrough video :

Note that the two low strings are down tune to E and A instead of F# and B so it even goes lower than a 9 strings tune to standard which would only reach a C#.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity