What have I done to jack this up

BoosterDawg

Question

I am working on a Troubled Times CDLC. After starting from scratch and finishing it, I created a preview audio file then converted it and the song file in Wwise. When I opened it in Rocksmith, the preview was nothing but loud, random noise. Trying to play the song didn't work either; the fretboard loaded but the song never started. It just idled there for about 5 seconds then acted like the song was over. I have tried re-compiling, re-creating each arrangement, re-converting in Wwise, re-arranging the starting phrases. Quite simply, I am at a loss.

If anyone can assist me, that would be great.

I can send any needed files to whomever would be interested in helping me! :)

11 answers to this question

No need to use wwise yourself.  The toolkit will build the wem files for you.

Delete your wem files (keep the wav and _preview.wav files) and the toolkit will automate.

That didn't work. When I tried to generate with the .wav in place of the .wem, it came up with a huge page of errors saying I don't have Wwise when I already do.

I've been manually converting the audio files since my very first CDLC, so I am confused as to why it isn't working now. 

• Administrator

@@RedAlbum#6 WWise 2016 don't work with the toolkit which can explain your error.

Save yourself a lot of trouble, get WWise 2015 and let the toolkit do the conversion.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@RedAlbum#6 WWise 2016 don't work with the toolkit which can explain your error.

Save yourself a lot of trouble, get WWise 2015 and let the toolkit do the conversion.

I guess I was using the 2016 version of Wwise. It took me a bit of searching but I finally found the 2015.1.7 version. Installed it, tried to get it to automatically convert in the Toolkit, still didn't work. I tried converting it manually as I have done time and time again, hoping I could just get it to work at all. When I re-compiled and opened the game, I still got the same problem I've been getting.

To try and isolate the issue, I compiled the CDLC using a .wem file from a different CDLC I knew already worked, and the song played fine (albeit the wrong song).

My EOF version is v1.8RC12. My Toolkit version is v2.7.0.0-6d0cdeda. My Wwise version is v2015.1.7 (64 bit).

• Administrator

First you seriously need to update to the v2.7.1 of the toolkit (latest beta seems to work fine so far). Also make sure to uninstall the 2016 version of wwise so that the toolkit can't try to use the wrong version.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

First you seriously need to update to the v2.7.1 of the toolkit (latest beta seems to work fine so far). Also make sure to uninstall the 2016 version of wwise so that the toolkit can't try to use the wrong version.

The first time I tried to do it, I was using the beta Toolkit but that didn't work, so I switched back to the older one with the hopes that it would work. I just tried using the beta one again and nothing is different; so far neither has gotten the Wwise to automatically convert.

Is there any way someone could send me the link of where to download the right version of Wwise? I uninstalled the 2016 version and installed the 2015.1.7 version as that was the oldest one I could find and it still doesn't work. 

Here is a link to everything I've made so far. Hopefully someone can clear this up for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1g50xs0tyvyjf8l/AAAv7JE_wg5dBgk2D-ecWEp0a?dl=0

I completed a playthrough from start to finish with no freezes or audio errors.

I imported your psarc, deleted the wem files and recreated using the wav files.

I am using Rocksmith Toolkit version 2.7.1.0-60593c68

https://www.rscustom.net/builds

I am using WWise version 2013.2.7 32-bit build 4856

I don't remember the link for wwise, but it is definitely on this forum if you search around.

- sorry, looks like this was taken off their website back in 2015 (yeah i'm old, I don't know which exact build everyone uses nowadays)

I completed a playthrough from start to finish with no freezes or audio errors.

I imported your psarc, deleted the wem files and recreated using the wav files.

I am using Rocksmith Toolkit version 2.7.1.0-60593c68

https://www.rscustom.net/builds

I am using WWise version 2013.2.7 32-bit build 4856

I don't remember the link for wwise, but it is definitely on this forum if you search around.

- sorry, looks like this was taken off their website back in 2015 (yeah i'm old, I don't know which exact build everyone uses nowadays)

I finally found an older version of Wwise to download and now it converts automatically. Thank you!

I was able to do a finally do a full playthrough. I have a few questions though (this version of toolkit is different than what I used to use):

-The Dynamic Difficulty seems to have been added strangely. On the apparently full difficultly, it was not playing the full chart and was removing random things. 

-Also, I've never done this before, but how exactly do you chart a chord where the B string is held but the G string is two frets up and bent, so that they play the same note? I know how to make bends but I don't know how to make one string bend and not the other one in a chord.

Thanks for everybody's help! :)

- Chlipouni has a set of rules that need to be followed for DDC to work correctly:

http://www.guitarcade.fr/en/dynamic-difficulty-creator/how-ddc-works/eof-rules/

and

http://customsforge.com/topic/2863-dynamic-difficulty-creator/

From what I've read online some common issues are chords crossing sections (don't think you had any of those), phrase length set too low (try upping it in config to 16), and not grid snapping (your song only had eighth notes, but might as well set grid snap to 1/32, ctrl+A, ctrl+shft+R.)

A few suggestions:

I'd click on the beat marker for the first note and select a time signature of 4/4.

There is a huge gap between the start of the bridge section and it's first note.  I'd put the bridge section/phrase at measure 64 and a noguitar section at measure 60.

That intro section with no notes and only 1 beat probably isn't good, might as well get rid of it.  EOF will bug you about not having an intro section.  Just change the name of the first section to intro, and keep it's phrase name as verse.

- Press F4 to switch between normal mode and tech note mode to apply bends to just one part of a chord:

http://customsforge.com/topic/890-tech-notes-tutorial-authoring-complex-bends-and-more/

ctrl+f "unison bend"