Did I Miss Something?

EeveeonE

Question

I've been making CDLC for the past few months since the release of Rocksmith 2014 Remastered, and I've been sat here for months trying to figure out what could be causing the 100% mastery bug, and I came to the conclusion a few months ago you couldn't fix it. It just stayed like that, and if you were lucky the CDLC would not master 100%.

Here I am today, taking a break from tabbing and I decided to create a CDLC. And damn. This was strange to me. My Bonus Lead arrangement for this CDLC had no 100% mastery bug. I was trying to think what was different about it to all the other CDLC I've created. But why specifically did my Bonus Lead arrangement not have 100% mastery whilst the others did? 

I thought the only difference had to be the tones.

I went into EOF, fixed some notes I wasn't happy with when testing, and I decided to add two tones, one for default, and one to allow me to save the notes because for some reason EOF doesn't like one tone, you have to have two on each track to save each of them.

I generated the CDLC after adding generating DD for each arrangement, launched up the game, plugged in my guitar, played the CDLC I added the two tones on, and I played a bit of the song then skipped to the end because I was curious. There it was. No more 100% mastery. Awesome. I wasn't sure if there was an official fix for this, because I used the CFSM, but it deleted most of the CDLC's I played that had the 100% mastery bug. Which sucked, I didn't want any CDLC to be removed, just fixed.

So how long has this possible mastery bug fix been around? I assumed because it wasn't displayed above that it wasn't fixed?

I'm really confused?

11 answers to this question

• Administrator

@@SuperSonic http://customsforge.com/topic/33365-rocksmith-remastered-discussion-part-2/

The last update of that post was on the 8th of november and it was displayed during at least a month in the red banner up there that the 100% bug was fixable.

In fact you probably dl the latest beta of the toolkit which fixed your issue in the last CDLC you created.

The bug was purely on the Toolkit end.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@SuperSonic http://customsforge.com/topic/33365-rocksmith-remastered-discussion-part-2/

The last update of that post was on the 8th of november and it was displayed during at least a month in the red banner up there that the 100% bug was fixable.

In fact you probably dl the latest beta of the toolkit which fixed your issue in the last CDLC you created.

The bug was purely on the Toolkit end.

I don't understand? I'm kinda scared to use CFSM again because it deleted a lot of CDLC I had when I tried to remove the 100% mastery bug, about over 400 CDLC's were deleted.

And my Rocksmith Custom Song Toolkit version is 2.7.0.0.6d0cdeda. 

• Administrator

@@SuperSonic note that CDLC without any chord won't have the 100% bug so you just got lucky on this one...

I'm no expert on CFSM and before doing anything to your CDLC, i would suggest to make a copy somewhere safe just in case. And if you encounter issue, please post something in the appropriate section or it might never get fixed if we don't even know the bug is there.

For the toolkit is strongly suggest you to upgrade to the latest beta to avoid any bug with the remastered version of the bug.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@SuperSonic note that CDLC without any chord won't have the 100% bug so you just got lucky on this one...

I'm no expert on CFSM and before doing anything to your CDLC, i would suggest to make a copy somewhere safe just in case. And if you encounter issue, please post something in the appropriate section or it might never get fixed if we don't even know the bug is there.

For the toolkit is strongly suggest you to upgrade to the latest beta to avoid any bug with the remastered version of the bug.

Chords? When I tested a previous version of my CDLC, it has the 100% mastery bug. Then I added two tones in editor on fire, as opposed to editing it in Rocksmith Custom Song Toolkit, and it fixed the issue for the CDLC I created. 

And I will not upgrade to the beta. The last time I did that, it decided to cause a whole lot of issues like being unable to locate Wwise, and then a whole lot of issues with generating CDLC's and saving packages. It's a broken mess to be honest. 

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. I don't know what section this post would go under?

• Administrator

@@SuperSonic I'm offering solution but if you don't want to use them that's fine with me...

Many user have no issue using the tools and if you do, please create post in the appropriate section about it. dev can't know if something is wrong if nobody ever point it out... As long as you don't speak about your issue, they won't be fix unless someone else talk about it.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

CFSM creates backup of all the songs it works on and places them in the rocksmith installation folder (not the dlc one) Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014\backup\remastered

Inside the above folder you will find two sub folders one called corrupt the other original.

The toolkit backs up all the songs before doing anything else with them, then it has a go at fixing them, the ones it can't fix due to corruption it places in the corrupt folder, the ones it can gets copied back in the original dlc folder; the backup folder remains so that you can restore them should you wish to.

The point being you will not lose anything as any that it perceives to be corrupt you can fish out of the backup folder and test them for yourself.

• Like 1

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

Latest build can be found below 1.2.9.1 the beta 
http://ignition.customsforge.com/cfsm
be sure to uninstall the old one and not install over the top of the old

EDIT

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah142/Doug_N_Shaz_Brooks/cfsm%20mastert%20bug%20fix_zpsafffo4u8.png

Click on the repairs tab and select the ones in the image above, then click run selected options.
I have not used the 5 instrument fix as that was not in their the last time i ran it (cool addition) as the new remastered will only support 5 instruments including vocals (lyrics) so as some charters included both DD and NON DD arrangements and lyrics in their customs this will break rocksmith and cause it to crash due to having up to 7 arrangements lead x2 bass x2 and rhythm x2 then the lyrics . It appears we now have the option to remove a given path for ourselves without having to unpack them. I would opt to remove the NDD ones myself as we can now turn off DD in the game.
Hope this helps.

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

Latest build can be found below 1.2.9.1 the beta 

http://ignition.customsforge.com/cfsm

be sure to uninstall the old one and not install over the top of the old

EDIT

cfsm%20mastert%20bug%20fix_zpsafffo4u8.p

Click on the repairs tab and select the ones in the image above, then click run selected options.

I have not used the 5 instrument fix as that was not in their the last time i ran it (cool addition) as the new remastered will only support 5 instruments including vocals (lyrics) so as some charters included both DD and NON DD arrangements and lyrics in their customs this will break rocksmith and cause it to crash due to having up to 7 arrangements lead x2 bass x2 and rhythm x2 then the lyrics . It appears we now have the option to remove a given path for ourselves without having to unpack them. I would opt to remove the NDD ones myself as we can now turn off DD in the game.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I will reinstall it now. And I will make a backup this time. 

• Like 1