unusual issue

tupoloflyer

thanks for all the work you and the crew have put into this app.  it took me a while to get used to it, but now i try to run it on everything i bring in.  one thing i've run into though.

I've been running the beta release(s) on my cdlc the last few weeks.  1.2.8.7 and then tonight i downloaded the 1.2.9.0 beta to try.  so far all of my cdlcs have been run through the 8.7 beta and haven't found any issues, aside from about 5% corrupt/max5.  however, tonight i ran some new downloaded cdlc using the 2.9.0 beta.  again i don't see any issues, until i tried playing wild thing (troggs). this is a file i've had for a while.  i had played it previous to running the beta and had score on learn a song and the easy score attack.  when i tried to play the medium, it kicked me out of rs2014 completely.  I thought maybe this one had slipped through, so i ran the 2.9.0 beta on just that song and it backed up, cleared the score, repacked and closed without any problems.  i went back into rs and i could play the learn a song, so i tried the hard score attack.  that worked fine.  when i tried the easy and medium score attack, both kicked me out of rocksmith.  so i tried running csfm on just that song again, this time making sure i had the dd, 100%, and max5 set.  this time it said it repaired the max5.  once that was done i set to run the entire folder again, but this time skipping previous remasted and the entire folder went through.  when i tried to play wild thing on either easy or medium score attack it kicks out again.

i know this may not be a direct issue, but i was able to play any of the score attack previous, so i'm wondering what changed.

also, when it kicks me out is when i select the score attack level and it starts to open.  i don't get the tuning screen or the amps, just a black screen then back to my desktop.

if there is something i missed please let me know.  as mentioned previously, i am going back through my song inventory, (slowly), but haven't seen anything else like this yet.

btw, it seems like the newest beta is quicker through the list, both parsing and working.

thanks again

danny

update on issue. 

i tried downloading file again, and named the existing one old - - - to avoid conflict in the game  i then cleared out my dlc folder to only those two files.  both showed max5 with ndd, bonus, and metronome removed.  i started the new file and could go into all but the medium score attack.  however when i went back in, i also couldn't go into the easy version.  i also deleted the old- - -  file in case there was hidden cross over, but still the same.  the only thing different now is it will go through tuning and start to show the amps, pause for a moment then kick you out. otherwise it seems to work, and it doesn't trigger the cfsm at all now. any suggestions, other than avoiding those score attack levels?  

at this point i'm going to remove it from my folder and see what comes along.  maybe something will show up that will correct it.  wondering if this will cause other issues or if i will find this with other songs.

Loaded settings file ...
[10/1/2017 19:56:59]: Cleaning 'dlc' folder and subfolders ...
[10/1/2017 19:56:59]: The 'dlc' folder and subfolders didn't need cleaning ...
[10/1/2017 19:56:59]: Applying selected repairs to CDLC ...
[10/1/2017 19:56:59]: Processing: old Troggs The - Wild Thing - v1 - DD_p.psarc
[10/1/2017 19:56:59]:  - Backup already exists
[10/1/2017 19:56:59]:  - Extracting CDLC artifacts
[10/1/2017 19:57:04]:  - Repackaging Remastered CDLC
[10/1/2017 19:57:05]:  - Reset Song Stats
[10/1/2017 19:57:05]:  - Repair was sucessful
[10/1/2017 19:57:06]: Processing: Troggs The - Wild Thing - v1 - DD_p.psarc
[10/1/2017 19:57:06]:  - Backup already exists
[10/1/2017 19:57:06]:  - Extracting CDLC artifacts
[10/1/2017 19:57:09]:  - Repackaging Remastered CDLC
[10/1/2017 19:57:10]:  - Reset Song Stats
[10/1/2017 19:57:10]:  - Repair was sucessful
[10/1/2017 19:57:10]: CDLC repair completed ...
[10/1/2017 19:57:11]: Finished repairing ... took 00:00:11.6557448

• Developer

"i then cleared out my dlc folder to only those two files" 

Try it with only one file in the 'dlc' folder at a time.  If two CDLC have the same Arrangement IDs it will crash the game.

I will take a look at the CDLC you are having trouble with.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

i did delete the old version and ran with only the one cdlc in the folder.  still had the same issues.  this is a new one for me.  usually they will crash on launch.  i'll be curious to see what you find out.

and while i'm here, let me jump on my soapbox for a second.

I would like to offer many, many thanks to all the programmers/developers who put in so much time here.  the work done here is phenomenal and the speed is super impressive. 

ok, off my soapbox now.

but seriously, thanks to all for your great work

• Like 1

• Developer

'Wild Thing' was created with a relatively old version (2.3.0.0) of the toolkit.  Even so, the CDLC can be successfully repaired using the latest beta version of CFSM.  The repaired CDLC plays fine with Remastered (I tested it.) 

Can you play other CDLC?

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

i had run the then latest version .8 i believe and it fixed the max5 but didn't show anything else.  the weird part is i can play learn a song, and the hard score attack just fine, but if i try to play the easy or medium score attack levels, it throws me out of the game.

i ran all 6000 of my cdlc's through the cfsm (there went three days) and about 5% showed up either corrupt or max5.  i reran the max5 and they are good.  i haven't gotten around to doing anything about the corrupt other than isolating them. 

yes  i can play other cdlc, and i really haven't seen any other issues show up yet. other than the corrupt stuff.  i'm hoping to get some slack time soon to work on this more, but my paying job keeps me hopping.

i'm going to download the newest beta and i'll run that through to see what happens with it.      thanks again for looking at this