Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 168

Mortalo

I played this at the weekend, but my cable was playing up.  So I'll just post my second go instead:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKWktWeGdZN3VCNVU/view?usp=sharing

I've got my ABY switch and things are a lot better.  I even gave the U2 a go:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKT3loTlFsaTg2Vm8/view?usp=sharing

I wondered if it was one of those songs that you really don't like to listen to, but quite enjoy playing...

But it's not. :D

Anyway - on to my class.  Rated a 7, I'd agree, it's at least a 7.  So do I have a chance to level up this week?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKbmNGODhrUjN1c1k/view?usp=sharing

In any case, I have work to do.  I can't have @@Rodman catching up with me...  :P

Hang on, Johnny's been rated a 6?  Get off...  :huh:

• Like 4

here's some scores for the night, i just couldn't get the recognition right tonight, messed with tunings, swore at the computer, threw some picks across the room but was the better man in the end...and gave up,

k4v62dr1og06gh56g.jpg

ail7jsfspuur4ze6g.jpgcouldn't blame the note recognition for this one  :ph34r:

64t91vwuc2cu6yc6g.jpgA bit more work to do on all these i thing........mostly Muse though, if i can get up to 90% i'll be a happy Chappy

night night all

• Like 5

BTW, what's happened to the scores spreadsheet?  Week 64 is not showing anything?

Forget that I got it working.

I was just checking my previous score.  39 - is that the lowest score ever recorded in the championship?  :lol:

Two years - what a difference!

• Like 3

Maybe this isn't the best place to ask this, but...

Does anyone have any advice for building up finger speed, strength and endurance for some of the faster music on bass?  I've been working on playing Amorphis Under the Red Cloud, but after playing the song a few times, my fingers are completely worn out!  Most of the song is pretty easy, but there are a few of the faster sections that I struggle with.  

left hand, right hand or both ? most important thing is to stay relaxed

Right hand.  I play finger style/finger picking style, if that makes a difference, I can't use a pick.  I generally use three fingers during the faster sections, but like I said, my fingers get pretty tired.  I am making progress, yesterday my (right) hand was dead tired after playing through Under the Red Cloud twice, today I managed to play it three times before they gave up on me.  :)  

I try and keep both of my hands relaxed, but do find my self tensing up from time to time.  So any more advice?  

• Like 1

Does anyone have any advice for building up finger speed, strength and endurance for some of the faster music on bass?  I've been working on playing Amorphis Under the Red Cloud, but after playing the song a few times, my fingers are completely worn out!  Most of the song is pretty easy, but there are a few of the faster sections that I struggle with.  

Right hand.  I play finger style/finger picking style, if that makes a difference, I can't use a pick.  I generally use three fingers during the faster sections, but like I said, my fingers get pretty tired.  I am making progress, yesterday my (right) hand was dead tired after playing through Under the Red Cloud twice, today I managed to play it three times before they gave up on me.   :)

I try and keep both of my hands relaxed, but do find my self tensing up from time to time.  So any more advice?  

Definetely do right hand exercises to buildup speed. It is just a matter of practice.

On faster parts I like to use Billy Sheehan 3 finger technique. Look it up on youtube.

Cheers!

• Like 1

INT Rhythm update to 96.33% streak 502, score 1,161,501.  That beginning part just sucks for my fingers and/or won't reg.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=839148780

Anybody have tips on fixing intonation and a finicky G string which drops out of tune on the first bend?

• Like 3

Right hand.  I play finger style/finger picking style, if that makes a difference, I can't use a pick.  I generally use three fingers during the faster sections, but like I said, my fingers get pretty tired.  I am making progress, yesterday my (right) hand was dead tired after playing through Under the Red Cloud twice, today I managed to play it three times before they gave up on me.   :)

Definetely do right hand exercises to buildup speed. It is just a matter of practice.

On faster parts I like to use Billy Sheehan 3 finger technique. Look it up on youtube.

Cheers!

Ok, I will do that.  Thanks for the tip :)

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

I played this at the weekend, but my cable was playing up.  So I'll just post my second go instead:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKWktWeGdZN3VCNVU/view?usp=sharing

I've got my ABY switch and things are a lot better.  I even gave the U2 a go:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKT3loTlFsaTg2Vm8/view?usp=sharing

I wondered if it was one of those songs that you really don't like to listen to, but quite enjoy playing...

But it's not. :D

Anyway - on to my class.  Rated a 7, I'd agree, it's at least a 7.  So do I have a chance to level up this week?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKbmNGODhrUjN1c1k/view?usp=sharing

In any case, I have work to do.  I can't have @@Rodman catching up with me...  :P

Hang on, Johnny's been rated a 6?  Get off...  :huh:

Well... i have built the bridge for you - just use it ;)

Seriously - if you 99.5 that walking bass you belong nowhere but MC and yes, a solid 7 seems right.

Seems like walking bass was no such a close friend of yours 2 years back, and .... close but no, as far as i remember there was a 37% somewhere back in the early days, but you might well have hit the worst bass % entry of all time with that. :lol:

Cool bass lines that week, i also think that Invaders is the hardest Maiden bassline i have ever played.

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

I have added a

http://up.picr.de/27974090vo.jpg

Sheet to the song selection list.

Background: last year i tested about 60 xmas themed cdlcs for xmas week, wrote that on a piece of paper, and this year i had to start over again :(  - at least i was so clever to digitally note the diffs and comments for the possible candidates this year.

So - if you feel in a special occasion mood feel free to add your songs, diffs and impressions for xmas, also for halloween, birthdays or whatever.

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

@missis sumner @Rodman

You are not even close to the lowest score with those guesses.   I'm holding the title with an awe inspiring 26%

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uW12xsVeQ0qXj4mlw69CYvY949Bmu8tZdAkYcRd8czk/edit#gid=1700301799

• Like 5

@@JokerTheAnarchist - deep condolences, very sad to hear that.

I don't have others to talk to. My grandpa died today.

Someone help me.

Sad to hear. May he rest in peace.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

well, the thing about 3 finger technique is that it's easy to start to hit the strings with a lot more force than required, and you end up getting tired even faster than with 2 fingers... and that unexperimented ring finger can get tired easily too. work on that by playing stuff with constant 16th notes (power metal did the trick for me) and endurance will come in no time (pay attention to not making triplets or gallop though). Did you try to play it with 2 fingers only ? Maybe you will find it less tiring. And playing it with a pick will definitely be easier too !

@@JokerTheAnarchist we're all sorry to hear that, mate...

Cool bass lines that week, i also think that Invaders is the hardest Maiden bassline i have ever played.

Have you played Gengis Khan a few weeks ago ? ;)

Rime of the Ancient Mariner is definitely a harder one too !

guys, a kind of weird blank ad appears over the customsforge page when I open it, i couldn't access to anything, do you have the same problem ?

( but I fixed it by using the "inspect" function and suppressing it B)  ! )

http://i63.tinypic.com/vgodgg.jpg

anyway, my score :

http://i64.tinypic.com/30lkvhx.jpg

• Like 7

I have improved by score by quite a way... but it's seems a bit hard to post it now.

I'm sorry about your grandpa, @@JokerTheAnarchist - he obviously meant the world to you. :(

well, the thing about 3 finger technique is that it's easy to start to hit the strings with a lot more force than required, and you end up getting tired even faster than with 2 fingers... and that unexperimented ring finger can get tired easily too. work on that by playing stuff with constant 16th notes (power metal did the trick for me) and endurance will come in no time (pay attention to not making triplets or gallop though). Did you try to play it with 2 fingers only ? Maybe you will find it less tiring. And playing it with a pick will definitely be easier too !

I basically play with three fingers during the faster parts, and two for everything else.  So I don't want to gallup?  That's pretty much what I've been doing.  I have a  more long term goal of learning to play Iron Maiden songs, so I figured that songs like this would help with that.  
I would play with a pick if I could, but I just can't do it.  That may sound strange...but I have a neurological disease in my spinal column that also affects my hands/fingers, and for some reason the 'picking' motion just murders my back and neck.  So, it's finger style for me.  I'll try sticking with two fingers and see if that is any easier.  
I actually started playing bass because I was losing fine control of my fingers, but playing has helped tremendously with that, so I really appreciate any tips and advice I've been getting on this forum, it's more helpful than you probably think! :)
  • Like 5

Still afk for a while. Inadvertently found myself in a band and we are rehearsing at the moment for a gig later in the year. I will post from time to time when I get a chance but my play time is really limited when it comes to the competition.

My condolences @@JokerTheAnarchist, hope you find some comfort.

• Like 4

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony