CDLC woes (MAC) OSX 10.11.6

spreck22

Question

So I just downloaded some cdlc for the first time yesterday. I was able to play all my dlc and cdlc all night with the exception of 1 song which I removed. I shut down for the night, and I get home from work , and start rocksmith and every single cdlc locks up right after tuning ( speakers only, no highway). All of my dlc works fine . I removed all but 1 CDLC, and it locked up also. What the heck could have happened overnight? I do have a bought copy of cherub rock along with about 100 others. 

12 answers to this question

You must have run the patch at some point to enable CDLC?

There was a mid-week Steam update.

Re-run "RUN_PATCH_RS.command".

http://customsforge.com/topic/33889-how-to-add-custom-songs-on-mac/

Ok, still broke, heres what I've done. pulled all DLC out of locksmith and moved back into my dlc desktop folder, ran integrity check in steam ( all good). replaced 3 CDLC into rocksmith dlc folder. ran integrity check again 1 failed I removed the offending file. ran check again all good. I then redid the patch, this is what I get.....Added LC_LOAD_DYLIB to /Users/wadespreckelmeyer/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

I honestly don't know if this is correct or not as I am not really a technical guy, I can follow instruction though, I think thats how I got it to work in the first place. now I, just baffled.

The RS Injector is (or was) an app to start the game - this has changed in a previous update of Rocksmith remastered and this change is described in the 2nd paragraph of Weepels instructions http://customsforge.com/topic/33889-how-to-add-custom-songs-on-mac/

Unfortunately this is not easy to find and maybe one of the admins could edit the red box at the top of the page.

There's another thread about the visibility of the tutortials - creating customs is another thing, but the most important information is "how do I play customs on platform X". A visible link to the thread(s) with the instructions (mac version is up2date). I would add a box with this information and the other links are news. It's in Help>FAQ (thx for updating the link in the text) - if you add this as one (big) link at the top of the page you'll save time and new visitors won't ask the same questions. ;)

• Administrator

@@papillon All 3 links for the remastered update in the annoucement all link toward what's needed to make CDLC work for MAC.

I agree our system is not perfect but it's not like there's a lack of link or a search function either.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@firekorn - the mac link is not to Weepels thread - I agree that there are links, but one box with "Playing customs on PC - Mac - Console"

Assume you're not the PC expert and visiting a forum - you've heard about customs and you want to play them. For most it's obvious that cdlc is "custom download content", but why is it "cdlc ignition" and not "customs database" or "song database".

The name of the other links are "Mac Fix" and "Rocksmith remastered CDLC fix" - it's a bit cryptic and not clear that this explains what to do when you want to play a custom on your platform. I don't want to fix a cdlc (never heard what it is ;)) and my mac is not broken. Pls see this as constructive criticism - new people have probably never heard this acronyms and then they start a new thread or add a question to an existing thread. I know that some are lazy to read :D and you'll not prevent every faq, but clear link names would help the people who are willing to read before posting.