Chord length issue (again)

ShrillBear52

I know I had a similiar topic before,but I didn't discuised this type of problems earlier.

Basicly what the problem is that 2 of the chords in my chart has "Sustain" enabled,but the highlited part under the chord is not as long as the chord itself.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2dAm5utc-Vca0ZQdF9DaGc4Zmc

The other problem is that some of the chords are not highlited as the other ones and they have "HS" statue on them.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2dAm5utc-VcX2Q5eXdjOElXenM

I can't realy do anything to solve any of these 2 :( 

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

Basicly what the problem is that 2 of the chords in my chart has "Sustain" enabled,but the highlited part under the chord is not as long as the chord itself.

That might be something like the handshape phrase not being rewritten at the beginning of a new phrase/section. See if this happens without using DDC.

The other problem is that some of the chords are not highlited as the other ones and they have "HS" statue on them.

Probably also worth seeing if this happens when you aren't using DDC.

That might be something like the handshape phrase not being rewritten at the beginning of a new phrase/section. See if this happens without using DDC.

Probably also worth seeing if this happens when you aren't using DDC.

The first one is not appering and the second is still apers in the NON DD chart. I don't know what DD do with the tracks but the bar at the top is very different in the DD chart than in the NoN DD one.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2dAm5utc-VcZV8tdUdoeWhUZzg

I've also noticed that something strange with the arpeggio marks in the bass part even without the DD:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2dAm5utc-VcdXE1UDFySkFWM2c

I don't know the case of these but here is the project file anyways hope you can find something out:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/clae62i5s6wzjvz/Until%20The%20End%20not%20yet%20finishd.eof?dl=0

Thanks!

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

Please indicate which timestamps of which tracks those screen shots pertain to.

Oh yeah sorry, I forgot about them. The first is the Rhythm(part_Real_Guitar_22) and the second is the Bouns Rhythm (part_Real_Bass_22)

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

@@ShrillBear52,

Wich release of DDC are you using ?

You should not have the first issue with DDC v3.2.

I saw in your EOF project that you didn't define yourself the phrases (you have only created the sections and a phrase for each section).

It is better to define the phrases you want in the final result rather than letting DDC arbitrarily choose which one to create ...

@@ShrillBear52,

Wich release of DDC are you using ?

You should not have the first issue with DDC v3.2.

I saw in your EOF project that you didn't define yourself the phrases (you have only created the sections and a phrase for each section).

It is better to define the phrases you want in the final result rather than letting DDC arbitrarily choose which one to create ...

1)There is no freaking 3.2 DDC if I update the Toolkit and the newsest version on the website is 3.1 too.

2)How should I define phrases then? I used the method what went something like this:

Add section and phras,add the next one maybe 30 seconds later in the chart(with the same name of course)

And that workd, unti the Reamastered update came out. 

I've also dropd using the "push offset" feature becasue it just messd things up.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

The link for DDC v3.2 is given in the following topic : DDC

About the phrases you should create in EOF :

- a phrase contains a pattern of notes that can be repeated many times in the arrangement

- a phrase is now the shortest part of the song that you can select in the Riff Repeater

- you can define long phrase length for easy parts of the song (8 measures for example) and short ones for the hard parts (2 measures for solos)

- you can choose precisely the starting point of a phrase in order to protect a sequence of chords or the sustain of a note or an handshape ...

The link for DDC v3.2 is given in the following topic : DDC

About the phrases you should create in EOF :

- a phrase contains a pattern of notes that can be repeated many times in the arrangement

- a phrase is now the shortest part of the song that you can select in the Riff Repeater

- you can define long phrase length for easy parts of the song (8 measures for example) and short ones for the hard parts (2 measures for solos)

- you can choose precisely the starting point of a phrase in order to protect a sequence of chords or the sustain of a note or an handshape ...

My question was "how to define the phrases" in EOF correctly.

What I'm asking is wich feature is what I need to use?

eg:Shift+s is to add section to the arrangement parts and also define phrases.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

If I remember correctly, shift+p should add a new phrase on the selected measure

Thank you,I'm gonna try this.Sorry if I was rude in the prev. post, but does defining phrases gonna solve the second problem that I mentioned?

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

If I remember correctly, shift+p should add a new phrase on the selected measure

Thank you,I'm gonna try this.Sorry if I was rude in the prev. post, but does defining phrases gonna solve the second problem that I mentioned?

Yes, if you define your own phrase and then set the DDC phrase length parameter to a high value (16 for example), DDC should not add more phrases with a break in the middle of an handshape (for example)

Ok,I'm fucking pissd off, I changed the 3.1 DDC folder to 3.2 one, but the issues are still appering like the others that I mentioned and the only changing in the second one is that all those chords have "HD" on them but one is still appering without the repeated strum pattern,

and also the other guitar part (REAL_GUITAR_22) has got that issue now(what I mentioned the second issue before).

PART_REAL_GUITAR has issues at the handshapes in the verse sections .

And also the Bass part(REAL_BASS) has got an issue with arpeggio mark:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2dAm5utc-VcdXE1UDFySkFWM2c

I created phrases for each arrangement like you said but from the 2-3 one became atleast 5!!!!

I've not updated eof yet but I doubt that all problems are came from that.

here is the project file that I used recently: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a189h76l6tqiwec/But%20I%27ll%20go%20on%20until%20the%20end.eof?dl=0

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

What timestamp is that last screen capture at in the bass arrangement?

3:49 at the last Postchourus before the outro part.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

You've said there was a "problem" with that bass arpeggio a couple of times, but I still don't know what the problem is. Could you elaborate?

Also, lots of notes are out of grid snap. You may want to fix that as it could cause all sorts of issues especially if you are going to use DDC later.

What timestamp is that last screen capture at in the bass arrangement?

3:49 at the last Postchourus before the outro part.

I've posted a screenshot about the bass issue in the previous post.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2dAm5utc-VcdXE1UDFySkFWM2c/view

Idk about the gridsnaps, I've resnapd all 5 parts and got those results, but I will check it again then.

Also,I'm not sure if phrases are working correctly because I got the same result in the chart when I added DD to it.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

• Administrator

http://i.imgur.com/Hk73OSO.png

@@raynebc The underlined part of the arppegio marking doesn't appear in @@ShrillBear52 screenshot but i don't see anything that should cause this issue in that particular case...

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I can't think of a reason on EOF's side of things for the arpeggio not covering the expected notes. The XML invokes the "C#5-arp" chord template for the right timestamps. May be something on the toolkit side of things.

As for seeing the notes that need resnapping, enable the "Song>Highlight non grid snapped notes" option and you'll see lots of them get flagged.

• Administrator

@@iminashi Nice catch indeed, i assumed it was obvious that no FHP change should be inside an handshape/arpeggio marking so i didn't bother looking into this...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

There is a FHP defined at the middle of the arpeggio. This will break it.

LnHC9IQ.png

Omg, thank you! Yes,I didn't noticed that, I'll look at everything twice for now to not get this issues :D 

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg