how are you supposed to do this..

Wormweed

There is no way that can be playd.Whre did you found this?

Edit:Well,it's not that possible to play it,unless if you have long fingers and don't stroke it...

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

Gonna be impossible to not hit the low e string when trying to reach the b string. The cdlc is Hibria - stare at yourself. No idea who made it, it's no longer on customsforge.

Yes just how I thought,there are some people who just tab random things out like this and just not bothering with chechking that tabs,to see if there is somewthing wrong,also you said it's a CDLC that is not on the website,then I'm afraid you can't except much hope of it,unless someone is willing to take time and make another version for the song.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

Gonna be impossible to not hit the low e string when trying to reach the b string. The cdlc is Hibria - stare at yourself. No idea who made it, it's no longer on customsforge.

Yes just how I thought,there are some people who just tab random things out like this and just not bothering with chechking that tabs,to see if there is somewthing wrong,also you said it's a CDLC that is not on the website,then I'm afraid you can't except much hope of it,unless someone is willing to take time and make another version for the song.

The rest of the song wasnt too bad though. Was just this weird part. I downloaded the cdlc from here, but it must have been removed for some reason.

just made this thread to see if this was real or just poorly tabbed cdlc. One of the official dlc Rush songs also have a really hard to play chord, but i forgot which song it is.

The rest of the song wasnt too bad though. Was just this weird part. I downloaded the cdlc from here, but it must have been removed for some reason.

just made this thread to see if this was real or just poorly tabbed cdlc. One of the official dlc Rush songs also have a really hard to play chord, but i forgot which song it is.

Neither do I,but I doubt that cannot be playd in an official song,please inform me if you found the song,It made me curiuss about it.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

Rush - Headlong Flight.

https://i.redd.it/zi8i39tnnc4y.jpg

I agree,not an easy one but it can be playd, 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2dAm5utc-Vcb2tPTldTMGFPZlU

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

• Administrator

@@Wormweed That rush song is far from hard that stretch is very comon and stuff like the sweep picking in Selkies or some of the run in Dream Theater songs are way harder in so many aspect but what you shown in your first post is clearly something that isn't meant to be played this way.

Note sure what was in the original tab used for that CDLC but you can take all the note on the B string and move them down to the G or D string to get something way more doable though it really seems like two guitarist would be at play here in my opinion to create a nice harmonie there.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

This chord isn't that hard since you only need to move the pinky and the 7 11 stretch isn't that much to do. there's way crazier stretch in official DLC like in a disturbed song where there's a 5 10 stretch or an Alter Bridge song with 3 7 stretch or Aerosmith with a 7 12. I could probably find a ton of other example of crazy stretch in official DLC but a 12 20 is way above anything i've ever seen so far though there's some that are pretty damn close.

What's crazy about that CDLC is that you have to move with a stretch that is getting wider on every chord which is very uncommon to they the least.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

I can do a 3-7 stretch with barre on 3rd, but it's not very comfortable! But i couldnt do a 5-10 with a barre on 5th fret, i just tried it. So i hope its something that is rarely ever used. I can do the Rush chord, its just the hardest/slowest one i have experienced to date.

I have 1250 cdlc, very varying types of music. And i never came across any really bad stretches like the ones you mentioned.

• Administrator

I was mostly pointing out rare example of stretch that are actually done by real guitarist but still keep my opinion that this CDLC is wrong as the progression doesn't make sense even if you were able to play the stretch (and that's assuming you can play such stretch which is a bit too much).

Crazy stuff in CDLC easily happen and i guess that if it's not on CF anymore the charter wasn't the most active or really cared about his CDLC quality anyway so i wouldn't trust it.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the first pic, a far more logical approach would be the last three double stops as

10  11  12

12  13  14

Sometimes when people make GP files they just tab "literally" i.e. it sounds ok when played in GP but it does not make sense when actually played on guitar.  I've seen loads of examples of stuff like that.

It could even have been played into GP on a keyboard and GP picked it up like that, or it could be a MIDI import to GP.

Either way it should have been fixed at custom creation stage.  But then, maybe it was a bass player who made the custom :P

• Like 1

It's Rush ... 'nuff said. 

Ok, second comment. Just out of curiosity, I pulled my guitar down and yup, I can hit that. You see I'm a bass player, and have been doing it long enough now I've actually stretched the tendons in my left hand so I can reach goofy stuff like that.

Yeah, and I play baritone as well. Talk about evil reaches, even on a good day. So yes, it's possible, but unless you really, really work at it, not going to happen for a lot of guitar players. However, don't ask me to play real chords. I'm still struggling with double stops. ;)

• 1 month later...