I see the CDLC but it freezes

Jeffthemovieguy

Question

10 answers to this question

YMMV, but I found that RS would not recognize the CDLC files until I put the DLL in the dlc directory.  However, when I selected the now visible CDLC songs they would lock up RS (as described by the OP) and I'd have to task manager out. On a whim, I relocated the DLL to the RS root directory. Now I can see and play the CDLC songs.

In summary:

DLL in dlc directory to get RS to see the CDLC songs.

DLL in root directory to get RS to play the CDLC songs without locking up.

Dunno why...

• Administrator

@@Jack0608 if only your information were correct, but you don't need the dll to actually see any CDLC in the in game list, just Cherub Rock ODLC. BUT you need the dll in the root folder to be able to play them.

You can try and delete the dll and you'll still see the CDLC in game.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@Jack0608 if only your information were correct, but you don't need the dll to actually see any CDLC in the in game list, just Cherub Rock ODLC. BUT you need the dll in the root folder to be able to play them.

You can try and delete the dll and you'll still see the CDLC in game.

Like I said, YMMV. I only reported what I observed to work on my computer. RS did not see the CDLC's even with Cherub added until I moved the DLL out of the root directory. Might just be a coincidence and something else was actually going on, but that is what appeared to happen.

• Administrator

The dll only inject a code to bypass part of RS protection, it doesn't change how the list is loaded and if CDLC appear or not. You can think your case is different but i can assure you it's not. If you didn't see CDLC, it's not the dll that could have ever changed this ever.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Please help .. I cant seem to get it to work .. I have tryed many things now .. I followed the guid and placed the 3Dx9_42-DLL in the root folder for rocksmith .. I can see my song but when I try to play it just freezes and nothing happens .. I have tryed the patcher.exe file as well but same problem .. what to do ? .. :S