Update Issues with OBS/Microphone

ThePsyCrow

Question

Perhaps someone here has the same issue or problem that could aid me.

Before the update, i just simply took off exclusivity mode with the game and with my input devices and through OBS my microphone would work. Now with the new microphone update regardless if its a webcam, or a headset, or a desktop i'm getting the "error initializing microphone"

I've tried turning off every device including ingame rocksmith and outside but its still not picking up any my mikes, if i play any other game theres no issue at all only with Rocksmith. Any ideas?

10 answers to this question

• Administrator

@ The source of the issue is that Rocksmith now take exclusivity on all input he can so any other software that try to access those source won't be able to initialize properly.

The first suggestion that comes to mind is to disable the "give priority to exclusive application" on the recording device option.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@ The source of the issue is that Rocksmith now take exclusivity on all input he can so any other software that try to access those source won't be able to initialize properly.

The first suggestion that comes to mind is to disable the "give priority to exclusive application" on the recording device option.

I did this and rocksmith was no longer able to see that my realtone was plugged in. I'm running out of ideas here...

"When we were young the world was like a vision - the colours and the sounds they took our breath away. But now we watch it all on television while eating processed meat out of a plastic tray." -NoMeansNo

My Customs

• Administrator

@@Deratio At one point, i would strongly suggest to bring your issue to Ubisoft support directly, i can only offer ideas but i don't know what they changed and how it interact with other software is a complicated matter, the more people will tell them the issue, the more likely they will be fixed or have a proper solution.

DO NOT mention CDLC to the support though.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@Deratio At one point, i would strongly suggest to bring your issue to Ubisoft support directly, i can only offer ideas but i don't know what they changed and how it interact with other software is a complicated matter, the more people will tell them the issue, the more likely they will be fixed or have a proper solution.

DO NOT mention CDLC to the support though.

Just finished doing exactly that...and now we wait...

Really wanting to get back to streaming as soon as I can.

"When we were young the world was like a vision - the colours and the sounds they took our breath away. But now we watch it all on television while eating processed meat out of a plastic tray." -NoMeansNo

My Customs

David L @Ubisoft Support wrote:

Dec 15, 2016 at 07:18 PM EST

Hello, deratio

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Technical Support! Thank you for reporting this issue. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

This issue has been forwarded up to the development team for further review. However, that is all that we can do at this time, as we have no further information.

You can find notifications regarding patches or known issues on our forums here:

http://forums.ubi.com/forum.php

We thank you for your patience and. understanding

--------------------

Regards, David L.

You wrote

Dec 14, 2016 at 04:07 PM EST

Since the patch yesterday, my microphones are forced into exclusivity mode by the game, which prevents me from streaming or recording myself. I have experimented with turning exclusive mode off in-game, and with making my mic non-exclusive in windows. This only results in the game no longer being able to detect my realtone cable. It seems that several people (many streamers) have encountered the same problem since the patch, and from what I can tell no one has figured out a workaround. Everything I try seems to either make Rocksmith2014 or OBS crash due the the mics constantly being put in exclusive mode (even when plugged in after the game has started and is running).

The above is my interacttion with support - I'll let y'all know if I hear any more...
  • Like 1

My Customs