Problems after the new patch

LeeMania

Question

I played earlier today just fine and when I wanted to play about an hour ago there was an update. I hadn't restarted the computer between when it worked and the update. My problem now is that Rocksmith isn't registering any sound from my bass. I know the cable work because I can hear the bass in Windows when I active the "Listen to this device" option. I've tried removing the driver to the Realtone cable completely and then restarting and I've tried validating my game files but nothing worked.

Anybody else experiencing this problem? 

FIXED

• Like 1

Deleted which ini file? I'm experiencing the same problem currently. Earlier today, before the patch I played Rocksmith just as I usually would. But after I got the update on Steam, the game wouldn't recognize the cable anymore, doesn't pick a single sound from the guitar in the game but in windows recording devices I can see that the volume bar goes up as I play...

• Like 2

• Administrator

Since they allow for more input choice, i suggest those who have issue to first looked if they are indeed on the RTC input and not on the Mic or disconnected. hit the CTRL touch to open the menu to change it.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Since they allow for more input choice, i suggest those who have issue to first looked if they are indeed on the RTC input and not on the Mic or disconnected. hit the CTRL touch to open the menu to change it.

Did check that and it's correct. Still no sound, will try a restart of PC.

Well a restart and some fixing with the sound input did no good for me. Following the thread and hope somebody has a solution!

#3 - The Rocksmith.ini in the install dir.

Everybody - Have you tried going into device manager and uninstall the driver for the realtone cable? Maybe a combination of that and deleting the ini file is what works.

Yes, reinstalled all the drivers, deleted the rocksmith.ini file, restarted the pc, validated the files in steam. Checked all my inputs in windows and in rocksmith. Still no audio

Deleted which ini file? I'm experiencing the same problem currently. Earlier today, before the patch I played Rocksmith just as I usually would. But after I got the update on Steam, the game wouldn't recognize the cable anymore, doesn't pick a single sound from the guitar in the game but in windows recording devices I can see that the volume bar goes up as I play...

Same here.

I tried to rename the ini file and start the game, same result as everyone here. The game is not registering the realtone cable (even though I know mine works).

I tried deleting the ini file and restarting the computer. Nope, same result. No guitar audio in game and it says I dont have a cable connected. Even though I do

in recording devices, I have it listed as Microphone/Rocksmith USB device, and have it set at 48k and level 100 on audio..

Tried listening to the device, it works fine.

• Administrator

To everyone, as much as i would like to be able to help, this is a Ubisoft issue and is in now way related to CDLC so i strongly suggest you contact the support for Rocksmith to actually have competent people to help you guys.

DO NOT mention CDLC when talking to the support though.

• Like 3

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Mac user 10.9.5 here. After installing update all of my cdlc has stopped working. The official locksmith content works fine but I can't get a single cdlc to load past the tuner stage. I have tried rebooting, moving m.psarc files out of the ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014  folder and putting them back in one by one but not a single one will load. :( 

Apart from that it is a great update.

So my game didn't recognize my cable or any microphone either.

I set the cable to my default recording device and enabled audio exclusivity mode, I started the game and it gave me a loud crackling noise whenever audio played in the game.

I went to the settings in the game and used the 'Restore default settings' button.

I restarted the game and everything seemed fine, apart from the game muting all other audio on my PC.

So I went to options and disabled Audio Exclusivity, set the resolution back to normal and all the other settings that got reset.

I restarted my PC so all audio is restored in the programs I had running when Rocksmith muted them.

Everything works fine now, I'm watching Twitch TV while playing some songs on Rocksmith using the real tone cable.

The infamous patch is downloading right now.    Dreading what is going to happen.

It seems the cable issue is because of new features they added so you can use Rocksmith without the cable and just use a USB microphone so you can use acoustic guitars for example.

Community Announcements - [ubi] JasonParadise

http://blog.ubi.com/app/uploads/2016/12/firstencounteracoustic1.jpg?x49516

What was added/changed in the December 13 patch? 
We added a few new features (including one big one!) and improved a few others based on user feedback. The latest patch includes: 

Microphone Mode 
If you don’t have an electric guitar or simply want to use an acoustic to play Rocksmith, now you can! Use a USB microphone as your input device, point it at your acoustic guitar or bass, and enjoy strumming and picking in Rocksmith without a Real Tone Cable. (We still recommend using the Real Tone Cable for best results and the most direct/cleanest signal input for any guitars with pickups.) 

Disconnected Mode 
Want to just play along without plugging in? You got it. You no longer have to have a Real Tone Cable plugged in to play along with Rocksmith – note detection is deactivated, and you can just read the notes on the screen for more casual practice sessions. 

http://blog.ubi.com/app/uploads/2016/12/inputselection1.jpg?x49516

Endless Replay Mode in Guitarcade 
Guitarcade fans asked for less downtime between games -- request granted! Instead of kicking you back to the menu after each round, you can now immediately restart your next run. 

We’ve also tweaked a few other key elements, thanks to the feedback we’ve received from players: 
  • You can now edit your Song Lists from the Learn a Song menu as well as the Nonstop Play menu 
  • Rocksmith can now hear your guitar better during Calibration 
  • Added ability to choose Other Arrangements in Score Attack 
  • Added the ability to replay the “Welcome to Rocksmith” introductory lesson
Does Microphone Mode work the same as if I were using a Real Tone Cable? 
Yes – all your songs are available, dynamic difficulty adjusts to your skill level, Emulated Bass mode is available to you – it’s the Rocksmith experience you know and hopefully love. The only audible difference: Your guitar signal will not be processed through Rocksmith 2014’s Authentic Tones when you’re in Microphone Mode. You won’t hear stompbox effects, but you will be scored normally when playing songs. 

Will any acoustic guitar work with Microphone Mode? 
Any normal six-string should – we tested this mode with a variety of shapes, sizes, and styles of acoustic guitars. Specialty acoustics like 12-strings or baritone instruments still aren’t recommended, but a standard six-string acoustic should be fine. 

http://blog.ubi.com/app/uploads/2016/12/acousticmode1_edit.jpg?x49516

What kind of microphone do I need? 
Any dedicated USB microphone that your machine recognizes should work fine. (We do not recommend using a microphone that is part of another device, like a webcam or chat headset.) Not all USB microphones are supported by all gaming platforms. If in doubt, please contact the microphone’s manufacturer. 

Any tips for best results with Microphone Mode? 

You bet: 
  • Be sure you have a working, dedicated USB microphone plugged into your computer or console. Sounds simple, but it’s worth checking. 
  • Recalibrate any time your set up or environmental conditions change. Notes above the 15th fret may not be accessible on some acoustic guitars. 
  • Minimize background noise as much as you can. If the background noise is too loud, Rocksmith won’t be able to distinguish your guitar from everything else. 
  • Different microphones have different ranges of sensitivity, so you’ll need to make sure you’re close enough for it to hear you. If you’re having trouble with note detection, trying adjusting the angle and distance of the microphone itself. 
  • Be sure the microphone is pointing the right direction. Some microphones are designed to pick up sound from any direction while others can only pick up sound from one particular direction.