New patch coming today.

Mad_Al

Question

20 answers to this question

What was added/changed in the December 13 patch?
We added a few new features (including one big one!) and improved a few others based on user feedback. The latest patch includes:

Microphone Mode
If you don’t have an electric guitar or simply want to use an acoustic to play Rocksmith, now you can! Use a USB microphone as your input device, point it at your acoustic guitar or bass, and enjoy strumming and picking in Rocksmith without a Real Tone Cable. (We still recommend using the Real Tone Cable for best results and the most direct/cleanest signal input for any guitars with pickups.)

Disconnected Mode
Want to just play along without plugging in? You got it. You no longer have to have a Real Tone Cable plugged in to play along with Rocksmith – note detection is deactivated, and you can just read the notes on the screen for more casual practice sessions.

Endless Replay Mode in Guitarcade
Guitarcade fans asked for less downtime between games -- request granted! Instead of kicking you back to the menu after each round, you can now immediately restart your next run.

We’ve also tweaked a few other key elements, thanks to the feedback we’ve received from players:
- You can now edit your Song Lists from the Learn a Song menu as well as the Nonstop Play menu
- Rocksmith can now hear your guitar better during Calibration
- Added ability to choose Other Arrangements in Score Attack
- Added the ability to replay the “Welcome to Rocksmith” introductory lesson

Does Microphone Mode work the same as if I were using a Real Tone Cable?
Yes – all your songs are available, dynamic difficulty adjusts to your skill level, Emulated Bass mode is available to you – it’s the Rocksmith experience you know and hopefully love. The only audible difference: Your guitar signal will not be processed through Rocksmith 2014’s Authentic Tones when you’re in Microphone Mode. You won’t hear stompbox effects, but you will be scored normally when playing songs.

Will any acoustic guitar work with Microphone Mode?
Any normal six-string should – we tested this mode with a variety of shapes, sizes, and styles of acoustic guitars. Specialty acoustics like 12-strings or baritone instruments still aren’t recommended, but a standard six-string acoustic should be fine.

What kind of microphone do I need?
Any dedicated USB microphone that your machine recognizes should work fine. (We do not recommend using a microphone that is part of another device, like a webcam or chat headset.) Not all USB microphones are supported by all gaming platforms. If in doubt, please contact the microphone’s manufacturer.

Any tips for best results with Microphone Mode?
You bet:
• Be sure you have a working, dedicated USB microphone plugged into your computer or console. Sounds simple, but it’s worth checking.
• Recalibrate any time your set up or environmental conditions change. Notes above the 15th fret may not be accessible on some acoustic guitars.
• Minimize background noise as much as you can. If the background noise is too loud, Rocksmith won’t be able to distinguish your guitar from everything else.
• Different microphones have different ranges of sensitivity, so you’ll need to make sure you’re close enough for it to hear you. If you’re having trouble with note detection, trying adjusting the angle and distance of the microphone itself.
• Be sure the microphone is pointing the right direction. Some microphones are designed to pick up sound from any direction while others can only pick up sound from one particular direction.

• Like 1

@@jack_straw

That's a problem with your actual Rocksmith installation, not the Mac Patch.

I've confirmed it's working, because I'm playing it right now.

RSInjector will NEVER work anymore.  It's an outdated solution that only worked with the Pre-Remastered update.

OK. Doing a fresh install now, hopefully that fixes it. Thanks for the help.

Just tried to play it in microphone mode with just an audio cable to my mic input.  Works like a charm.  No need for usb.   Its to bad that they removed all the effects from microphone mode.  

They cant really say that you need a Rocksmith cable to play anymore.  They proved themselves wrong on that one.

EDIT:    You can now use multiplayer with just one cable.   Great.  time to start badgering my friends to join me.  B)

• Like 1

• Administrator

@@MaZtoR Well you still need it to use in optimum condition but yeah, they did push for something many user were asking for which is nice.

Also the repeat for the arcade game is nice and the new SA that allow for bonus arrangement is really great :)

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Anyone noticed better tone recognition after the patch? The game tuner still shows my intonation to be too sharp on a few strings, when i tune and check at 12th fret. While all my other tuners show my intonation to be spot on.

It's nice to be able to see how many times you played the other arrangements, but i wish you could see it on your main path as well.

On Mac:

- Revalidated game content through Steam, then reapplied the patch

- CDLC still works perfect

- Using an Apogee Jam through an Aggregate Audio Device still works (as the realtone, not the new disconnected mode)

- And this might be the placebo effect, but the calibration improvements seem to be helping it too

Happy with the update!

• Administrator

@@Weezer it's a side effect of the improved calibration which allow the system to feed a cleaner/better signal to the recognition system which should allow to avoid even more detection error (but it can also make detection more strict in return).

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Not working for me. Would not recognize the real tone cable. After a couple hours of unsuccessful attempts to correct that. I uninstalled Rocksmith from Steam. Tested it out BEFORE installing the patch. It worked. It could recognize the cable. But as soon as I installed the latest patch I kept getting the error: 

Unable to Initialize SteamAPI

Then I validated the game cache, says 1 file has an issue. Assuming it means the patch.

rebooted, did not help.

I am uninstalling and trying again. 

UPDATE

I finally got things working...8 hours later...MAN was that a pain in rear. 

No changes with the current install I had helped. I had to completely uninstall and reinstall Rocksmith 2014.

Which initially worked...then suddenly didn't.

So I did it again. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Then I ran the validate game cache check within Steam to see if it was corrupt as some suggested...but they did not tell me I need to do that twice in a row before it would fix the corrupt file for me. Nothing on the screen would have lead me to conclude that was how you did that. 

Then I did more research, because it was suddenly crashing in an even worse way now...and discovered it was setting the compatibility mode of the Rocksmith2014.exe file to Windows 8, and I needed to remove that setting for it to work in Windows 10.

Then after that it worked and stayed working after playing the game up patched a couple times in a row. Fingers crossed, I installed the CDLC patch...it worked. 

Only thing I am having trouble with now is loading my backed up game file that has all my progress saved. The latest patched version doesn't look to be saving it exactly the same way? Maybe? Don't know yet. Gonna have to research that more.