Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 163

Mortalo

@@JokerTheAnarchist I dont know, ive used it to practice with keeping the rhythm if there's a fast open E riff or something like that, it has personally helped me and i assumed you have used it too, thats all

Oh no I never use metronomes I don't practice one bit, literally the only thing I do is play songs haha  :D

• Like 2

Here you go @ @@Shiroo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97LNkFPIGE8

Master Class Lead 99.48%

Shiroo, hear how the solo is completely different to the one in the song?

oNKUZAB.jpg

Thanks for this, much appreciated ! I'm gonna try to update the song today. And we'll see what you'll say about the 2nd solo. Although I thought the 2nd option of a solo wasn't quiet good either.

• Like 2

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

@@JokerTheAnarchist, @@Shiroo I think that the one that I played had better solo?

• Like 2

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

@@JokerTheAnarchist, @@Shiroo I think that the one that I played had better solo?

@@JokerTheAnarchist @@Mortalo I'm pretty sure this new update is correct. Also I updated the Bass, it's much more difficult now. Let me know what you think.

This sounded like a cat fighting a bear.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Genghis%20khan%2090_zps7u1uu2td.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Genghis%20khan%20Rhythm%2096_zpsomajhutw.jpg

Rocksmith is really not good at detecting notes on fast stuff,  I'm sure i don't deserve more than 50% accuracy.

I really need to slow this whole song down.

• Like 5

@@JokerTheAnarchist @@Mortalo I'm pretty sure this new update is correct. Also I updated the Bass, it's much more difficult now. Let me know what you think.

Does this mean my current scores are now invalid? How does the championship handle when the author changes a CDLC?

• Like 1

@@Shiroo

I tested it out, the solo is still nothing like the one in the song. It's completely different, than previously, but it's not what's in the song.

Look.. I dunno, would you like me to work out the solos for you? If you could send me the files of the song, I could try to work it out by ear, I'm pretty good at it. :)

• Like 2

@@Shiroo

I tested it out, the solo is still nothing like the one in the song. It's completely different, than previously, but it's not what's in the song.

Look.. I dunno, would you like me to work out the solos for you? If you could send me the files of the song, I could try to work it out by ear, I'm pretty good at it. :)

yeah sure. The song is way beyond my level so I can't really test it that much, especially the solo. I'll send some files. 

• Like 2

Does this mean my current scores are now invalid? How does the championship handle when the author changes a CDLC?

We always want to have screens from newest version of custom. It's not a problem if it's a minor thing, but then we can't really tell which release you're playing, so it's up to you. And some participants are used to download songs on saturday and don't keep up with the changes.

So, if it's too diffetent from previous release, old scores (if we know that they're old) are not counted toward winning (I think that it is fair that way).

• Like 3

We always want to have screens from newest version of custom. It's not a problem if it's a minor thing, but then we can't really tell which release you're playing, so it's up to you. And some participants are used to download songs on saturday and don't keep up with the changes.

So, if it's too diffetent from previous release, old scores (if we know that they're old) are not counted toward winning (I think that it is fair that way).

Yeah, seems logical... I received the files from Shiroo, I'll be reworking the song, by tomorrow it should be up and perfect :)

• Like 2

I'm having some trouble with the beginner song. I can't hear my guitar. When I pause the song and try playing I can barely hear it, but it's like the volume of my guitar is turned down to 1% so with the song playing I can't hear mine at all. The game recognizes what I'm playing though.

I switched to Rhythm and had the same problem. I checked the mixer, everything looked good. Other songs work just fine. I Restarted the game. Still the same problem.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

• Like 1

I'm not suffering from insanity

I'm enjoying every minute of it

I don't really think this is the same difficulty level as Rise of the Fenix and lower than Love Shack.

I'm surprised ELO is only a 4 (did I rate it that?) and I think the Maiden is harder than a 6, but we can suggest final scores when the week's up.

I think the bass songs are in the right order.   :)

I agree, the songs are in the right order, it's me that's in the wrong class!  :lol:  :P

I wrote a great big thing here about how I'd attempted previous weeks INT/ADV tracks and don't even know what a 5, 6 or 7 grading really is anymore based on my adventures with Sheela Na Gig**, Time Warp and Riverboat Song compared to recent tracks....then realised I'm being way too analytical and probably need to just go have a cup of tea and a lie down in a dark room with the sound of RS lesson "Attaching your strap" in the background.  :wacko:  :P

But yes, @missis-sumner ELO is not a 4! :D   Great selection though! Very much my cup of tea (no offence Maiden fans, IM really isn't for me, though I will at least attempt again to get over 85%) :) 

** For the record, if a track involves slap that counts me well out...I'm only just starting to attempt to learn to slap - VERY slowly and badly and only on the E string! (I seem to just get harmonics on the others strings, which is funny because when I try to play actual harmonics I can't!)  :P 

• Like 5

*Mics up cazoo. Scores a trillion in MCbass*

Ok, maybe I was too lucky with my runs on ELO and Maiden :D

With Mr. Blue Sky - it had tricky parts but slow and on sustains, so I gave it lower rating (and you @@missis sumner, you didn't rated it at all!).

Genghis Khan has chords? I might have forgot about that.

• Like 3

It's taken a little longer in RR to get Mr, Blue Sky up to a decent score.  98% on bass, so far, but I plan to have this one well above 99% in a couple of days.

• Like 7

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

Ok, maybe I was too lucky with my runs on ELO and Maiden :D

With Mr. Blue Sky - it had tricky parts but slow and on sustains, so I gave it lower rating (and you @@missis sumner, you didn't rated it at all!).

Genghis Khan has chords? I might have forgot about that.

DId I forget to fill that bit of the spreadsheet in? :D

I've found my bit of paper with my original thoughts on  - it says 6, and then I've crossed over that with a big fat 7!  Of course, I could have been rating the other MBS. ;)

• Like 1

DId I forget to fill that bit of the spreadsheet in? :D

I've found my bit of paper with my original thoughts on  - it says 6, and then I've crossed over that with a big fat 7!  Of course, I could have been rating the other MBS. ;)

I did not played bass on the other one. Lead was not working well, thanks to @dreedfoxx and his version, otherwise we wouldn't be playing this :)

• Like 2

Guys, BABYMETAL is all fixed up, now I'm just waiting for Shiroo to update his page, but the download link is here for those who are impatient:

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/kimi-to-anime-ga-mitai-r5863

All 4 platforms, and they all have DD.

Edited by Molice
Changed url according to the rules
  • Like 3

I have played Ghengis a few times in RR @ 80% speed and i feel my speed limit is around there.   Tried playing it at 100% after but it was horrible.

But after watching @@2groggy for some time i have learned that you can make your own rules.

So here is my improvement.  B)

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Genghis%20khan%2000%2080speed%202%20missed_zpsojuujqce.jpg

• Like 6

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

lil +

http://up.picr.de/27635324fl.jpg

goddamit that middle part is way above my speedlimit to make it sound anything like the song, but a greta practice it is. I am sure the last 2 1/2 weeks have pushed my playing, esp. my speed and my pinkie more than the last 6 months... yeah

• Like 4

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

and a very very good run for me

http://up.picr.de/27635706kn.jpg

http://up.picr.de/27635711am.jpg

• Like 5

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.