Rocksmith USB cable does not work all of a sudden!

Nithrash

Question

Then I state immediately that until now I have been playing Rocksmith with no problem, and was the last time today when I played for a few minutes, then when I restarted the game all of a sudden the USB cable is not revealed in the game! !

From that moment began hell for me, I lost about 3 hours of time to figure out why, and I did not succeed. I tried everything to reinstall the drivers, (including where I insert the USB cable into the port, Windows 10 does not emit any sound) restart your PC several times, change the USB port, test the USB ports, at that point I noticed that the USB cable works with Windows and other programs, so rule out that the cable is defective.

So, what the fuck I got'm cursed Rocksmith? !! I'm really pissed off. If someone could kindly help me or knows the cause it would be really, otherwise today was really the last time I used Rocksmith.

22 answers to this question

Boys the cable is back to work, I do not know if it is because I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Amplitube and Audio drivers, but now everything is how it works as before .. maybe there was some conflict with the drivers, well, that mystery. Thank you all for the help

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 2

@@SkullRock, hey man, make sure your cable is working, connect it (to 2.0 or 3.0 usb port) and look into recording devices, it should have green meeter filled when you playing, if not open it and set volume to 100 check again then go to quality settings, set 48000Hz 16 or 24 bit DVD quality + check all checkboxes, hit ok.

now make sure you've got no usb devices other than mice and keyboard in (usb flash is ok too)
after that disable ewery recording devise, left only rocksmith cable on. plus logout of skype\teamspeak etc...

test ingame so your cable works or  you should bug ubi to replace cable or help to figure out what's wrong,

because if you've got all things I told you here RT cable should work again ingame >_>
(I may missing some steps so don't hate me pls :D)

• Like 1

@@SkullRock, hey man, make sure your cable is working, connect it (to 2.0 or 3.0 usb port) and look into recording devices, it should have green meeter filled when you playing, if not open it and set volume to 100 check again then go to quality settings, set 48000Hz 16 or 24 bit DVD quality + check all checkboxes, hit ok.

now make sure you've got no usb devices other than mice and keyboard in (usb flash is ok too)

after that disable ewery recording devise, left only rocksmith cable on. plus logout of skype\teamspeak etc...

test ingame so your cable works or  you should bug ubi to replace cable or help to figure out what's wrong,

because if you've got all things I told you here RT cable should work again ingame >_>

(I may missing some steps so don't hate me pls :D)

Thanks for the tips, but unfortunately still does not work, I even reinstalled the game, and strange what worked the first time, then the next time the game was not working anymore.
But I repeat that the Rocksmith cable is detected by Windows as a device and it works, the green bar in the Windows sound panel is turned on and you hear the sound.
I really do not understand what happened so suddenly, perhaps some demon that has possessed Rocksmith and wants me does not sound :(

@@SkullRock, so how your rocksmith cable named in devices? it usually named like Microphone and below it has device name
Delete rocksmith.ini also post a screens of it's settings from advanced tab, well I can try wiggle it through smth like Team Viewer 
or ask official guys why rocksmith stopped picking up your rt cable

but also try reconnecto all the parts of it, srsly, someone solved similar issue by doing so here : http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803032-Rocksmith-2014-PC-not-detecting-realtone-cable-in-game-Forums

@@SkullRock, so how your rocksmith cable named in devices? it usually named like Microphone and below it has device name

Delete rocksmith.ini also post a screens of it's settings from advanced tab, well I can try wiggle it through smth like Team Viewer 

or ask official guys why rocksmith stopped picking up your rt cable

but also try reconnecto all the parts of it, srsly, someone solved similar issue by doing so here : http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803032-Rocksmith-2014-PC-not-detecting-realtone-cable-in-game-Forums

As you can see the cable is connected and functioning only in the game always tells me that the cable has been unplugged

Cattura.png

The absurd fact is that it works even with AMPLITUBE, so it is not the cable the problem, perhaps there is a conflict issue with some other drivers, but I'm not sure and I do not think that the reason why it has always worked!
Another anomaly and when I connect the USB cable to your PC, usually when I connect a USB device, the computer beeps, while the cable is no sound

@@SkullRock, reconnect all parts of the cable and plug it in again, maybe it lost contact with usb data line? also 

6. Unplug the USB and separate the breakaway section of the cable then reconnect it.
 The breakaway is three inches from the base of the USB

7. Plug the USB back into a different USB port

here https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Faqs/000019027/Reinstalling-the-Real-Tone-Cable-PC-RS
also there is option to reinstall directX https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

also official recommendations 
https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Faqs/000019020/My-Real-Tone-Cable-Isn-t-Working

plus long faq http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803922-Realtone-Cable-Driver-not-installing-Forums

I'm sure you've got issues with drivers and rocksmith, what happens if you re-plug your realtone adapter when it says "missing input device"? also some win10 has issues with usb 3.0 drivers so use usb 2.0 to make sure it's not related(I see it's not related, but your cable listed as 4th device, while you've got 3 only in list >_>)

• Like 1

Nothing to do I followed all the steps that I have mentioned but it does not work.

At this point I will give up perhaps the time has come to abandon forever Rocksmith after nearly four years of service.

At most I try again tomorrow. Thanks anyway for your support and patience you have been the same for help :)

@@SkullRock - There was a post recently on reddit.com/r/rocksmith where normal things didn't work but they were able to get their cable to work by changing their profile. Annoying because it loses all of your stats, but if it gets it to work, it's worth trying.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@SkullRock - There was a post recently on reddit.com/r/rocksmith where normal things didn't work but they were able to get their cable to work by changing their profile. Annoying because it loses all of your stats, but if it gets it to work, it's worth trying.

Done deleted profile and created a new one, but always the same problem and I can not even make the calibration now.
I tried so many times and reinstall the real tone cable driver, and an absurd thing it had never happened something like that, ever.

@@SkullRock, I may ask ubi for help too, since they may know specific things about their soft and cable, if you've got friend with rocksmith try play with this cable at yours machine to figure if it's the OS issue for sure or play with your cable at his\her machine, to make sure your cable is ok with the game.
Please check if you device is USB device and what's PID VID values it has, mostly RS depend on those values to pick up cable, I'm open to help you to check if it's your OS issues (via TeamViewer or skype, I don't like when people give up tho :D :D :D )

If it helps I did some screen to give more information

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

but one thing does not convince me, how to do a clean install of the driver, I believe that doing just uninstall driver is not enough and not going to delete all of the driver files. There is another way to make a clean uninstall of the driver?

@@SkullRock,

Can you check the "Advanced" tab properties of your Rocksmith Real Tone Cable ([sound][Recording] configuration panel.

You should have :

- 1 channel, 16 bit, 48000 Hz

- Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device (checked)

- Give exclusive mode applications priority (checked)

An finally check in RS2014 game options : 

- Audio Settings : Audio Exclusivity : On

@@SkullRock, another thig, can you enable audiodump.log in rocksmith ini and share one?

00000000:  : INIT ExclusiveMode 1
00000000:  : INIT LatencyBuffer 4
00000000:  : INIT ForceWDM 0
00000000:  : INIT ForceDirectXSink 0
00000032:  : WASAPI::OpenStream(output): framesPerUser[ 128 ] framesPerHost[ 1056 ] latency[ 22.00ms ] exclusive[ NO ] wow64_fix[ NO ] mode[ POLL ]
00000032:  : pSinkPortAudio->Init() == AK_Success00000042:  : ************* NSoundInputMgr_Win32::SETUP mUsePortAudio 1 mUseNWin32 0 mUseWaveIn 0 mForceDirectXSink 0 mForceWDM 0 
00002890:  : AK::ReleaseAudioSink WMFocusCallback00007807:  : AK::RestoreAudioSink WMFocusCallback00007848:  : WASAPI::OpenStream(output): framesPerUser[ 128 ] framesPerHost[ 1056 ] latency[ 22.00ms ] exclusive[ NO ] wow64_fix[ NO ] mode[ POLL ]
00007848:  : pSinkPortAudio->Init() == AK_Success00026405:  : ************* NSoundInputMgr_Win32::DetectInputDevices_PortAudio WASAPI Id 1 API 0 : Microfono (5- Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter)[ff 12ba] 
00026405:  : ** NSoundInputMgr_Win32::DetectInputDevices_PortAudio Id 1 API 0 : Microfono (5- Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter)[ff 12ba] 
00026405:  : ************* NSoundInputMgr_Win32::DetectInputDevices_PortAudio FOUND! 0 : Microfono (5- Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter)[{0.0.1.00000000}.{5d742ba4-ddce-4534-b323-a929962e9cba}] 
00026405:  : **!!!! NSoundInputMgr_Win32::DetectInputDevices_PortAudio Id 1 API 0 : Microfono (5- Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter)  FAILED TO TURN ON INPUT FOR DEVICE 
00026406:  : ************* NSoundInputMgr_Win32::DetectInputDevices_PortAudio WASAPI Id 1 API 0 : Microfono (5- Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter)[ff 12ba] 
00099981:  : AK::ReleaseAudioSink WMFocusCallback
  • Like 1

@@SkullRock,

Can you check the "Advanced" tab properties of your Rocksmith Real Tone Cable ([sound][Recording] configuration panel.

You should have :

- 1 channel, 16 bit, 48000 Hz

- Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device (checked)

- Give exclusive mode applications priority (checked)

An finally check in RS2014 game options : 

- Audio Settings : Audio Exclusivity : On

It is all set up so

hard  to tell why it fail to use realtone cable. just reboot now and disable all programs that may lock your input device. also set force wdm in ini file and run rocksmith

+  if doesn't work check if your ini looks like this for audio section
[Audio]
EnableMicrophone=0
ExclusiveMode=0
LatencyBuffer=4
ForceDefaultPlaybackDevice=1
ForceWDM=0
ForceDirectXSink=0
Win32UltraLowLatencyMode=1
DumpAudioLog=1
MaxOutputBufferSize=0

also worth trying set your output device to integrated soundcard

delete your log file and send it again if it fail again xD

man I feel something wrong with your OS, since realtone is working in asio mode and fail to work with wdm drivers ou usb audio

• Like 1

also worth trying set your output device to integrated soundcard

delete your log file and send it again if it fail again xD

man I feel something wrong with your OS, since realtone is working in asio mode and fail to work with wdm drivers ou usb audio

I think the best solution would be to format the computer, but I had only done a few weeks ago and annoys me again just for this problem. XD
In any case it is really a very strange thing because I repeat, the day it came out this problem was soon after I had played quietly, then closed the game and that's it, then when I started again Rocksmith, suddenly the real tone cable no longer works but state that until then I had not installed any software we made some changes. That's what I do not understand if it was the faulty cable should not even run on the Windows panel is not it? But instead the driver installs and works perfectly  :wacko:

I had a similar issue as you had, device showing correctly, having input (able to record on audacity or any recording software etc...) but showing on rocksimith that the cable was not plugged

In my case (using win 10) was that I plugged the cable into a usb 3 port and I changed it to a usb 2 port and it started working normally, don't know if they patched the usb 3 issues in the remastered patch since I haven't disconnected the rocksmith cable from that port since

you may want try switching to a usb 2 port if your machine does have them