Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 162

Rodman

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

IDlgb5f.jpg?1

I foresee an evening of tone designing ahead! :P  On the topic of which, what tones do you guys have on your hotkeys?  I'm guessing it's a good idea to have one clean, one distorted, but what else?

I don´t any more, i am using an real amp (line 6 spider 15) with floorboard - and there i have 4 tones (and a volume/wah pedal):

Clean / Rock (Acdc) / Distortion (Metallica Rhy) / Lead (Megadeth Dist - Lead).

For Bass i have a Bass amp with a clean / distorted tone.

Gives me zero.zerozero lag and i don´t really like RS tones at all.

(The Guitar signal goes to a ABYbox with 2 outputs

- one feeds the RScable and goes to PC - so standard recognition in RS with mixer down to 0 or 20% and

- the other one goes to the amp, from there lineout to PC linein so it can be heard (and recorded) over the normal pc speaker setup)

Very easy and relatively cheap solution that i am 100% satisfied with.

any time recently I have bad interferece noises when I connect my guitar with my ABY and RS. It doesn't matter which amp I use, tried several amps and guitars, also I tried with DI box instead the ABY, always the same noises. Maybe I should try another Realtone cable :bulb:

• Like 3
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=809828257

ed. lets try this one instead, other link wasn't right one

i just don't get it, playing cold first try i amaze myself.  play again to see if i can improve and i cant do half as good. try again and still not close.  give it a night or two will help, but each time the same, best first time over.    however i do see improvements on my fret finding, finger speed and accuracy thanks to the contest.  it forces me to play things i might never look at and work on things i might find hard at first.    so thanks to all those involved in picking songs each week.

• Like 8

any time recently I have bad interferece noises when I connect my guitar with my ABY and RS. It doesn't matter which amp I use, tried several amps and guitars, also I tried with DI box instead the ABY, always the same noises. Maybe I should try another Realtone cable :bulb:

Ah that is bad.... In between i to had a strange noise problem just for an hour, and decided to deal with it the next day, but i scared it and it went away for good :)

Yes, might be the poor RS cable - the really good thing of my setup is that you do never handle the RS cable for it is fixely installed in the system and the guitar is connected with a normal guitar cable which is cheap to exchange when it dies.

I wish you luck on your antinoiseforce mission. (everybody hates that)

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@@fripponomic You must have grounded PC and have active dibox (or passive+buster) where ground lift on. Look schematic in bottom. There ground of guitar (and pedals) connected to  Out (RS cable) via transformer, and "ground" noise signal cancelled (same principle work pickup "humbaсker"). I use Out for RS cable+ buster with a separate power supply. First In for guitar, second In use as out for amp (pedals)

54785_21931924008505706078_big.JPG

• Like 4

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=810387279

Updated INT RHY to  99.12% longest streak 305 and 1,075,289 score.   Not good enough to beat Telboy or Vodka, but still an improvement.

• Like 11

@@Mxrider619 - welcome!

• Like 4

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

I have tried to record a video but everytime i'm getting miss somewhere. Damn D Drop C.

The best result yeat:

http://i.imgur.com/e6jq1SR.jpg

One of the fails

• Like 11

---

I'm not an English speaker. Sorry for possible mistakes.

PEACE, I'M GOING FREEBIRD.

Hey @@2groggy, how're you ? :D

edited by Mortalo for better wording :)

FreeBird Recruits! WOOT!   I am finally building my army of minions!

The one truly crazy week that I have every year, and that's when the cake fight starts.  Damn - I missed it.

In the true FreeBird spirit of live and let live (but mock everything possible in a good natured manner), I will now play whatever song that was that started the cake fight using my homemade 25.5" scale travel bass.  Of course the strings are as stout as bridge suspension cables, but they are still on a guitar neck.  And the best part of this is that nobody can threaten to disqualify me and I wouldn't care if they could :P (take that FreeBird police!)

Edit - scratch that thought.  I just listened to the MC selection and I would never get up to speed on that song, plus I am not a fan of that genre in the slightest.  If you like it, then rock on;  It's just not for me.  Next week starts tomorrow, so I'll skip making a submission this week.  C'est la vie.

• Like 8

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)