Rocksmith 2014 Championship week 161

fripponomic

Roddie, you played Rocksmith more then me by close to 100h. Well done.

• Like 4

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Roddie, you played Rocksmith more then me by close to 100h. Well done.

Well, either you play(ed) quite a lot of guitar outside RS (before), or you are quite talented - you are one heck of a guitarist by now! Well done, too!!!

Btw - Song selection i am doing right now - is driving me nuts ... RNG constantly wants all songs from @@Gamut to be selected - there must be some evil payed or enslaved zombie in the generatormachine :blink: (nodshead and thinks about writing little sheets for "real" random selection)

• Like 4

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Hello everyone!

I'm your Postman and I decided to learn to play the guitar, start a band and become big in Japan, but I'll be happy just crossing the first one off my list. I've been lurking these sites for a little while and I've been going through previous championship weeks to find songs i might be able to play.

But after a year I've only played Rocksmith for 20 hours and that's pretty much most of my guitar playing. That's not enough! So I decided I'd finally join the championship, and boy, did I pick a good week to join in. I walked the talk like no talk I've ever walked before... or something like that... Okay, but seriously, I haven't been able to keep up with half of the beginner songs I've found here, this song was slow and chill. I was able to get 96%. I Can't wait to play more!  :D

• Like 10

I'm not suffering from insanity

I'm enjoying every minute of it

Thx guys! You made me push that hard, you always do.

@@Gamut - thank you; well with my limited time, and i consider myself quite untalented, after only 1000hours at the championships, that was 13 weeks of Beg and 110 weeks of Int i could not be happier - fun from 1st to last minute, motivation always on 11, not one day i did not want to play guitar and I stragely can make even int guitarlines sound moreless like they should.

Playing the last weeks your words came to mind - it´s not cool to throw in only a few tries and get away with a lot of points, one has to push harder, so i did.

Will it be MC one day... i don´t know that and i am in no hurry, but wouldn´t be week 298 a good target (my 4y aniv. here and close to my 40st bd)?

@@Rodman That's a really good amount of progress for 1000h, I don't think you should consider yourself untalented! It took me about the same to go through Beg and Int, and I had the unfair advantages of already being an expert drummer/notes-on-highways-reader from other rhythm games.

I'm kind of flattered you remember those words - that was back in March, when I felt bad for winning Adv with only a half hour of effort some weeks. But it's definitely true - if you get comfortable in a place, you will plateau.

Back when I classed up to MC, I felt entirely out of my realm - every single MC participant kicked my ass every week. For a month or so I even considered classing myself back down. But after about six months, that feeling inadequate every week was the fuel I needed for a spike to my skills. And now here I am managing admirable performances on songs that were an unfathomable blur to me when I came here as an Int participant on Week 50-something.

I have the blessing (?) of more spare time than most people, so I get a bit of an unfair advantage in this competition. But as my long period of dozing on the Adv throne shows, having a lot of time doesn't matter at all without drive and conscious efforts to progress.

• Like 5

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

I'm super ok with a Gamut week for selections! :P  Until this week, it feels all I've had this year is a couple Beginner picks and He Is, hahaha. I can't even remember the last time I've had an Advanced pick. Billy Talent? That was an eternity ago.

• Like 3

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

Speedy song like this one stresses me out.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Lust%20for%20life%20Rhythm%209735_zpsqocrrf1k.jpg

So i thought that i would chill with some beginner.  But when i got close to the end without any misses i started to get nervous that i would miss and not get my 100%

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Walk%20the%20talk%20100_zps5serirfv.jpg

And then i did the same with Rhythm

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Walk%20the%20talk%20Rhythm%20100_zpso1rid669.jpg

I really need to learn how to relax.  I'm all tensed and my pick keep slipping around in my fingers.

• Like 7

welcome @@The Postman

hope the competition helps motivating

have fun

• Like 3
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Hi @@The Postman! Great intro! :D 

Couldn't agree more @@Gamut!  I'm making far more progress by playing tracks above my skill level than playing easier tracks over and over.  Though I do still do that too :P

Slight +

Lower score, smidge higher accuracy (perfected the pathetic white-woman groovin' head bob though)  :P  :D

http://i.imgur.com/uWK9hTs.jpg?1

Just love playing this song! :)

http://i.imgur.com/KcGDU0O.jpg?1

The Steam sales have started so I finally got the original game and import tool, plus a few dlc tracks today (Spider-frickin-webs yeahh! \m/ ), so probably going to be engrossed in them for a bit now. :P

• Like 6

*Mics up cazoo. Scores a trillion in MCbass*

Hi all,

Going away on a trip and only time to work on bass gives the following contribution from me this week:

Bass MC - 99,9 %

30852935930_6097677fb6_z.jpg

• Like 6

Problems with Rocksmith registering? Don't bother - remember the wise words of Yngwie Malmsteen:

"Use your ears; If it sounds good, then it is good!"

Welcome @@The Postman!

Similarly to Gamut, I spend quite some time with Guitar Hero/Rock Band.

But I still don't feel comfortable with my sense of rhythm :lol:

• Like 2

Just dropping in for a moment.  Work is busy these days,so I can only focus on one song, so I chose Rocky Dawuni for this week.

I'm stuck in the apparently endless cycle of one or two misses and getting 99.x%.  I'll post a perfect score if and when I get one.

• Like 5

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

-= weekly leaderboard update =-

no leader changes

GREAT PLAYING EVERYONE!!! - CONGRATULATIONS!

http://up.picr.de/27529038ob.jpg

Have a nice rest of week, and it´s always good to know @@The Postman is around ;)

Hello and may the challenge serve you well!!

P.S: For int bass the first ranks have been scored - if anyone has arguments for other ruling here, let me know.

• Like 3

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

Hey guys, can I get like some sort of update on who are the current leaders in all categories? 

@ fripponomic do you keep track? Or do you only gather all the winners on Saturday?

Going through six pages double checking if I'm the current winner in all Master Class (well except for Rhythm because of you :P ) is really tiring..

• Like 1

@@JokerTheAnarchist, you don't need to go through all pages, We're always trying to be up to date with all scores.

You can easily see all scores in the leaderboard sheet. Mortalo and MaZtor have a link in their signatures, but you can bookmark the link to your browser that you don't have to look for any posts of them everytime. And nice to see you beaten by me :D  

• Like 3
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

@@missis sumner also has a link to leaderboard in her sig. Very nice of her :)

Oh, yeah and @@Molice, but it's easy to forget cause he's not posting enough :angry: :lol:

• Like 6

that won't be my last score of this

http://up.picr.de/27530709sz.jpg

• Like 6

that was quick  :D

http://up.picr.de/27530813ab.jpg

• Like 6

and me has, it´s a bit hidden ;)

• Like 3

one try bass

http://up.picr.de/27510023th.jpg

• Like 4