Error importing xml to Rocksmith Toolkit

Nacholede

Question

11 answers to this question

@@Nacholede, confirmed it's bogus symbol that out of xml specs

@@raynebc, Is there any possibility that eof could write 0x5 hex char instead of space?

Toolkit wise solution is to filter those chars in xml file and then attempt to read.

That's not something I think EOF would allow a user to type in, if anything it was probably an odd ASCII character that was in a file (MP3 ?) that was imported.

@@Nacholede how was this project created? Can you send me the EOF project file and possibly the offending imported file for testing?

I was able to solve the problem, the name of the album caused the error

Let me upload all the files again and i will PM you with the link 

9A7alLl.jpg

After double checking the code, the album name could only have been imported from a Rocksmith XML file or an MP3. It must have been in the ID3 tag of the MP3 file, nobody would have had a reason to manually edit an XML file to have that character before importing it.

With the MP3 and EOF files I can make sure any invalid characters get handled where applicable. @@Alex360 I think as a start I can force all non printable ASCII characters to be filtered out of the exported XML.