Question

14 answers to this question

I don't wanna start a flame war or anything but:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIY_ethic

''In the punk subculture, the DIY ethic is tied to punk ideology and anticonsumerism. It espouses the rejection of consumer culture, using existing systems or existing processes that would foster dependence on established societal structures. According to the punk aesthetic, one can express oneself and produce moving and serious works with limited means.''

Check out my Custom Inlays topic here

Customize those dots at fret 3, 5, 7,... with your favourite band logo!

Check out my Youtube channel here

Rock, Punk and Metal Rocksmith playthroughs, Just Dance Audio Swaps and Synthesia Piano Plays

Rise Against DG - ADTR DG - Enter Shikari DG

Beartooth DG - Senses Fail DG - Just Dance Topic

I wish I knew how to be punk rock. Would singing "I wanna be Sedated" at karaoke tonight, & doing all the other things people do at a bar, would that be punk rock? How about if I stay home & watch Star Trek, Next Gen, Voyager, Enterprise, & Deep Space Nine? How about if I go dumpster dive for food instead? Build a computer out of space parts (to play Rocksmith)? Build a computer out of plumbing pipes? Program a new Rocksmith from scratch? I just don't understand! Help me! Oh wait, I remember I was a punk-rocker once. I'd say the most punk thing I could do tonight would be drinking 40's, & listening to records, with friends. Throw in some Guitar Hero or Rock Band, & I'd feel punk as fuck tonight. I'd also say consumerism to keep up with the Kardashian's isn't punk rock, but consumerism to further your own personal individuality, growth, fulfillment, is punk enough for me. Consumerism to help me out is very punk rock. Buy my recordings! Here: https://sites.google.com/site/jjstyles0001/bright-idea-records