Struggling, about go nuts... 3/4 time and a measure that it's 2x longer than the others

Billkwando

Question

I'm working on a song that has 2 short parts in 3/4 time and the rest is 4/4.In the tab, for some reason, the 3/4 part is 6/8 and the measures are basically at half speed, being twice as long as the rest of the measures....making the rest of the notes a measure lateMy solution is to double the BPM with "adjust notes" and then set the BPM back without adjusting the notes and that fixes that small section, then to fix the rest of the song I have to half the BPM to get the rest of the song back at normal length.The problem with this is1) 2 or 3 times I've lost a quarter of my work because when it temporarily extends past where the song ends, the part of the chart that went over just disappears.and2) Every time I get the guitar part right, my adjustments throw off the bass part and vice versa.Gonna try to make a video to show it but if anybody already understands, please help? Thanks!Go to youtube and look up either Billkwando or "eof disaster".edit:.....great, YT muted the audio.....back with another link soon

Go to dailymotion.com and look up "billkwando eof disaster" (should be done encoding soon)

I've been working on it my entire weekend and am ready to pull my hair out.

• Like 1

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

9 answers to this question

1. I can't reproduce that. When I use "Beat>BPM Change", halve the tempo and enable the option to adjust the notes, the beats are lengthened and the notes are kept even though they are beyond where the end of the project used to be. Are you using r1308? If so, I'd need a project file and a list of steps that can reliably cause this problem to happen starting with loading the project.

2. You shouldn't change tempos just to suit one arrangement, you need to set them to suit all arrangements, ie. by syncing to the drummer. Different Guitar Pro files for the same song don't necessarily define the notes in the same measure numbers or even use the same time signatures.

• Like 1

I think it says ver 1.8RC9? Also, I think it's when I save that it cuts them off.

I realize now that I wasn't doing it right, but is there any way to salvage this in its current state, since I put so much work into it? I made a lot of edits and changes from the original GP3 file.

Is there a way to shorten a single measure by half without affecting the other measures' synch with the track?

Not their position but their intervals. I can click and drag all the notes to realign them with the beat.

If anybody wants to fix it for me I'll paypal you $5. :)

- Billkwando

Make sure you're using the latest hotfix (newer than 1.8RC9) to avoid any bugs that have already been fixed. There's probably no way to automatically fix the chart when the note sync has been destroyed like that, you'll have to click and drag notes back into the right spot. Using the "Double BPM" and "Halve BPM" functions from the Beat menu won't move any notes, it just sets the tempo of the chart starting with the selected beat. You could use the double bpm function on a beat, select the first beat of the next measure and then use the halve bpm function and all notes will be where they originally were.

Thanks for the tips!

I ended up loading a working PART REAL GUITAR file from an older backup to a copy that had a good bass chart, moved around the last couple notes, and voila. Yay!

Save early and save often!

I will be sure to download the current version. :)

- Billkwando

So I took my $5 and went ahead and donated it to the site. ;)

Now I have a new problem. Notes disappearing from the chart on the guitar part. On Riff Repeater turned down slow you can see them, but at full speed there are whole chunks missing.

If you'd like to take a look, check out my chart Blurry Eyes. I read something this morning about ghost notes, and I hope it's that, but I won't have any way to check until I get home tonight. Plus I assume that they wouldn't show up in RR.

I also downloaded the latest hotfix for EoF, as suggested.

Thanks!!!!!

Edit: Is it normal not to be able to copy and paste in posts here?

- Billkwando

Copy and pasting text in posts on this forum works for me. As far as ntoes disappearing, the only obvious reason is that's how the game works if the chart has dynamic difficulties. I don't see how it would be possible for notes in question to be visible at slow speed but missing at full speed in riff repeater.

• Like 1

Well, I don't see how it's possible either, but we're talking about long stretches of empty note highway. Is it possible to screw up your phrases and sections so bad that NO notes show at all in DD? Also, in one case, the notes were visible, but then disappeared before they actually got all the way down. DD in action? I'm pretty sure I tried it at 100% difficulty in RR and they were still missing.....

I am still new at this, so I am probably doing something wrong, but if somebody else could give it a try and see if you can replicate, that would be awesome.

Edit: also, I can copy from the board, but ctrl v does nothing....same for right click > paste.

- Billkwando

I went back and tried the file and it 's fine.....it was Riff Repeater screwing me up. I realized that as I hit 0 to advance to the end (so RR would play the whole song) it was decreasing the difficulty slightly every time I hit 0. Once I saw that and set it back to 100 it was fine.As for the copy paste thing, I thought it might be some kinda restriction on new members......pretty sure I've tried it in both FF and IE.Sorry for the false alarm! :)

Edit: still can't copy paste though....tried compatibility mode even. Maybe it's cos I'm on IE 11.

- Billkwando