How to add custom songs on Mac

Wepeel

OK, I finally got it. My path name had a space in it, which in terminal is represented as a "\ " but in the script it did not need the backslash. I tried just copying ibRSBypass.dylib manually to the MacOS folder, but I guess the script does more than that. This is all with the very latest version of the game and v1.6 of the patch. I also have the "InCaseWeNeedIt" beta option enabled, if that has anything to do with it. 

Now to try converting some Pavement to Mac versions!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2022 at 2:41 PM, electrorocket said:

I don't see the Developer Tools option. I'm having trouble with the latest version of the game on Monterrey as well. "..Contents/MacOS does not exist" and "..Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014: No such file or directory"

I double checked the location and it's exactly correct. Rocksmith will load the CLDCs, but just show the amps and not allow me to exit. Any hints?

Thank you.

Ok so the above poster is correct but their directions are incorrect in one part. It's not under the "GENERAL" Tab - it IS inside Security & Privacy - BUT it is under PRIVACY tab.

Go there, scroll down the list and find Developer Tools. It's third from the bottom right above Analytics and Improvements and Apple Advertising. 

In the right side window click the checkmark for "Terminal" and you should be able to run the script. 

I had tried EVERYTHING before this and this was what fixed my issue for me. 

After checking the box next to Terminal I was able to run the script and it made the modifications and my CLDC all works now. 

The people creating the patches probably don't notice this as they have "terminal" checked by default from the projects they're working on is my guess. 

Either way happy it's working again. Using 1.6 RSBypass. on M1 MacBook Pro 2021

• 2 weeks later...

I broke rocksmith for Mac

I downloaded and ran the patch 2 times

The first time I ran the patch rocksmith worked I could see cdlc pictures on my learn a song but when I tried to play the song it froze. I read in the forums to reload the patch I didn't quite understand what reload the patch meant so I downloaded and ran the patch again. Now rocksmith won't load at all I get an box with script 

Help please, is there an uninstall for the patch?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok se here we go!

I deleted the Rocksmith Icon thing from the game folder.

Revalidated.

Ran command script

went to Rocksmith icon and explored contents

found ibRSBypass.dylib and replaced it with the one in the download folder (12/20 release)

also added the 64,and 86 version REMEMBER did not delete but Added them both

then ran the command file again

chose n, hit enter

choose n again hit enter

Then close all windows and run Rocksmith. Im playing on MacBook Pro m1 running the Ventura 13.1

Hope this helps y'all! I would redo it and take screen shots but I dont wanna mess up my game again. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/1/2023 at 10:55 PM, ADRKILLZ said:

Ok se here we go!

I deleted the Rocksmith Icon thing from the game folder.

Revalidated.

Ran command script

went to Rocksmith icon and explored contents

found ibRSBypass.dylib and replaced it with the one in the download folder (12/20 release)

also added the 64,and 86 version REMEMBER did not delete but Added them both

then ran the command file again

chose n, hit enter

choose n again hit enter

Then close all windows and run Rocksmith. Im playing on MacBook Pro m1 running the Ventura 13.1

Hope this helps y'all! I would redo it and take screen shots but I dont wanna mess up my game again. 

Maybe you should redo it because those instructions are awful! You can't copy the x64 and x86 versions of libRSBypass.dylib as it needs the exact file name and they both share the same one.

3 hours ago, RWOverdijk said:

When I do exactly this rocksmith doesn't start. Copying the file (ibRSBypass) in manually works, and rocksmith starts but running the command then breaks it again. Custom songs won't load and it's stuck at the two speakers screen. What am I missing?

See the YouTube video posted by DasFohlen on the last page. If you run the latest patch shell and it doesn't work then he advises to use an old patch (Google Drive link in the comments). Download and run that and it should work.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, scbond said:

See the YouTube video posted by DasFohlen on the last page. If you run the latest patch shell and it doesn't work then he advises to use an old patch (Google Drive link in the comments). Download and run that and it should work.

I got it working, those instructions were weird indeed 😄 Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Won't work for me. tried above instructions. on MacOS Monterey Intel CPU.

Think i've bricked Rocksmith. Game crashes immediately. Got an error messsage Rocksmith2014 quit unexpectedly

used newest patch 1.6.

----------------

Problem solved! used the older patch. Now it works perfect!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The patch no longer works on the macOS Sonoma Beta. 

If the game is patched it crashes immediately, if I verify the game files in Steam and let it fix the files or if I do a full reinstall of the game the game launches and runs but obviously custom DLC doesn't work anymore.

57 minutes ago, Stuey3D said:

The patch no longer works on the macOS Sonoma Beta. 

If the game is patched it crashes immediately, if I verify the game files in Steam and let it fix the files or if I do a full reinstall of the game the game launches and runs but obviously custom DLC doesn't work anymore.

The patch doesn't support Sonoma yet. The dev doesn't have a mac which supports it and if they do fix it, it might break when the full release comes out so they're holding off on it for now.

Sonoma isn't supported from my side at all because it's in beta and things might break again even if I fix them now Regardless I don't have a Mac that officially supports Sonoma so best I can hope is that the issues will be actually reproducible with OCLP

I did try recompiling the dylib with a newer target macOS and it didn't fix it It may be an issue with the injector / load order but it's hard to know since I can't test it myself

Especially anyone running Rocksmith on macOS should know that OS updates have a long tradition of breaking things If anything the primary advice is "don't use beta software" and the secondary advice is "ask if the update works with Rocksmith before you update"

From the mac os channel of the cf discord.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype

3 hours ago, coldrampage said:

The patch doesn't support Sonoma yet. The dev doesn't have a mac which supports it and if they do fix it, it might break when the full release comes out so they're holding off on it for now.

From the mac os channel of the cf discord.

Ahh that makes sense. 

I currently have an external SSD with the beta on which I boot to periodically to check if things work and when Rocksmith kept crashing I thought it was an issue that needed Ubi to fix which most likely wont get done now as they want to flog you RS+ with its "amazing" library, glad its just a custom DLC patch issue that hopefully will get fixed in time by community. Luckily the Mac isn't my main Rocksmith machine so its no big deal for me if it doesn't work for a while after Sonoma gets released.

That being said when I did the file verification and Steam downloaded the original files again and the game loaded I did see the game mode icon in the menu bar which I really hope improves performance on my base M1 MacBook Air as right now on Ventura it seems to suffer with random slowdowns now and again, but when I look at the system resources the GPU is sitting at its base clock and nothing is being taxed in a way that would cause slowdowns so I'm guessing a Rosetta issue but hopefully Game Mode may also help when Sonoma is released which is what I really wanted to test with the beta.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have followed all of the various ways to install this with no success. I've completely removed and reinstalled Rocksmith many times. So here's what's happening (Mac OS Sonoma, Intel chip) when I run the updated 1.8 version:

• I set the permissions on all of the patch files to read write for everyone. 
  • I add both insert_dylib and libRSBypass to "developer tools" under Privacy and Security, giving them the software permissions to run locally despite not meeting the system's security policy.
  • When I run RUN_PATCH_RS.command, it appears to complete successfully. I can verify that the libRSBypass.dylib is copied to the destination folder.
  • If I launch RS at this point, I can load authentic DLC but any custom tracks go through the tuning portion and then just sit at the screen with the amps drop in.
  • If i run RUN_PATCH_RS.command a second time, as shown in the video, then RS won't load at all. I get an error result screen with about 2 pages worth of stuff.

Anyone have any thoughts on where I am making a mistake?

2 hours ago, SmooveB32 said:

I have followed all of the various ways to install this with no success. I've completely removed and reinstalled Rocksmith many times. So here's what's happening (Mac OS Sonoma, Intel chip) when I run the updated 1.8 version:

• I set the permissions on all of the patch files to read write for everyone. 
  • I add both insert_dylib and libRSBypass to "developer tools" under Privacy and Security, giving them the software permissions to run locally despite not meeting the system's security policy.
  • When I run RUN_PATCH_RS.command, it appears to complete successfully. I can verify that the libRSBypass.dylib is copied to the destination folder.
  • If I launch RS at this point, I can load authentic DLC but any custom tracks go through the tuning portion and then just sit at the screen with the amps drop in.
  • If i run RUN_PATCH_RS.command a second time, as shown in the video, then RS won't load at all. I get an error result screen with about 2 pages worth of stuff.

Anyone have any thoughts on where I am making a mistake?

CDLC is not compatible with Sonoma. Some say the game works without CDLC but it doesn't, game hangs when starting any song.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2023 at 8:23 PM, Shane Knuth said:

I have the patch installed and the game is working on my Mac, but I'm not seeing any of the mac CDLC songs I put in my DLC folder. Anybody have this issue?

Have the same thing; think I did everything correctly, but can't find the songs anywhere in rocksmith?

On 12/29/2023 at 6:37 PM, sigernu said:

Have the same thing; think I did everything correctly, but can't find the songs anywhere in rocksmith?

Having the same issue. Did all the setup and added 3 CDLC songs and can't find in the list. Here's a screenshot of my "dlc" folder: 

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 23.09.10.png