How to add custom songs on Mac

Wepeel

I contacted the discord guy -I mentioned above- and since he doesn't have an M1 mac to test he can use mine to test things out. But it can be interesse sting to have more people looking into this so join the discord custom forge - mac channel. 
I'll do my best to keep you guys up to date in this threat! 

• Like 5

Hey y’all, quick update on the M1/Monterey CDLC patch. 
I’ve been sick lately and haven’t had much motivation to work on this but after Christmas I’ll have an M1 Mac of my own. 
Thanks to helpful people on Discord I have the possibility of remotely accessing one already and can figure out more by using a debugger and proper logging.

This is a lot of a learning experience for me because I have not worked on M1 yet. My gf helps me but we don’t know what changed since Big Sur to break it, and we don’t know how different M1 is either. It is supposed to work similarly (since the game is translated through Rosetta) but each time we find something that might be the cause for it not working we find out a few days later that it’s not the problem,

So I’m very grateful for everyone’s patience, excitement and help in fixing this, you all are a very great community and the staff can be happy to have you here. 

I know that some of you might see me as desperate last chance, and I’ll do my best to get it working. I wish I could present you a fix as Christmas or New Year’s gift but I don’t think I can. 

Thank you again for your patience!

Edited by DasFohlen
typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Hey everyone! I am happy to announce that we have a fix!

This zip includes the patcher: https://github.com/aik002/RSBypass/releases/tag/1.0

Thanks to help from someone on Discord we found the problem and were able to fix it, recompile, and publish this patch above that works. 

A few people tried it and it works on M1 Monterey, we will test if it still works on Big Sur and Intel respectively, and make sure we release a 1.1 if it doesn't. That way we can distribute one patch for all Macs.

Thank you all for your help, patience, and support!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

@ DasFohlen I've just tested:

Monterey on M1 Mac Mini 16GB: Works!! Amazing, thank you so much!

Catalina on an Intel machine: Does not work, crashes with the same sort of error as the old patch does on M1 with Monterey.

@ blueshabs To get this new patch to work I had steam validate Rocksmith to return it to stock, then run the new patch. In order to run the new patch I had to remove the apple quarantine from the "untrusted" files in the patch...

If you extracted RSBypass.zip in your Downloads folder, then from a Terminal window do:

cd ~/Downloads
xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine RSBypass

Then run RUN_PATCH_RS.command.

• Thanks 2

As hinted at earlier, here’s 1.1: https://github.com/aik002/RSBypass/releases

Now distributing 3 different zips for the three architectures respectively. 

I’m very happy it works for so many people, I will look at the quarantining one of these days and see what I can do to make patching as simple as possible.

Thank you all again for your support!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, DasFohlen said:

As hinted at earlier, here’s 1.1: https://github.com/aik002/RSBypass/releases

Now distributing 3 different zips for the three architectures respectively. 

I’m very happy it works for so many people, I will look at the quarantining one of these days and see what I can do to make patching as simple as possible.

Thank you all again for your support!

Hi,

Quick comment for those who may have same problem that I had when installing the other part and having no sound on real tone cable in the game (but cable is reconized). You have to uninstall and re install the game.

After that using the patch  (v1.0) works fine.

Regards.

Hi Gang - I got it work just fine on my M1 MacBook Air!

BTW I was able to make the patch work running in a non-standard directory by editing the RUN_PATCH_RS.command file to update the path the game is living in.  This may be helpful for those of you (like me) who want to run off an external volume because our base Mac drive is too small.

What a great treat for me over the holidays to play on my new Mac.  All my DLC works great!

@DasFolhen - just sent you some beer money via PayPal.  Happy holidays!

Release 1.2 of the patch collection, now with a fix for 32 bit issues I noticed and a legacy 64 bit zip that contains different x64 patcher and patch for older macOS versions that you can try if the normal 64 bit zip doesn't work:

https://github.com/aik002/RSBypass/releases/tag/1.2

Discord server for support:

https://discord.gg/cf

On 1/2/2022 at 1:23 PM, DasFohlen said:

Release 1.2 of the patch collection, now with a fix for 32 bit issues I noticed and a legacy 64 bit zip that contains different x64 patcher and patch for older macOS versions that you can try if the normal 64 bit zip doesn't work:

https://github.com/aik002/RSBypass/releases/tag/1.2

Discord server for support:

https://discord.gg/cf

You are a LEGEND, thank you so much for this!

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all,

may anyone could help me?
I'm running Mac OS X Catalina, I've followed instruction as per Wepeel posted August 17, 2014, but I've encountered many issues.

1. Legally downloaded Rocksmith and Cherub Rock song;
  2. Set patch files to read and write permissions for all users;
  3. Allowed their execution via System settings -> Security & privacy

Then:

1. Run RUN_PATCH_RS.command and I get screenshot 1.png.
    => nothing happened. When I run Rocksmith, I can't see any cdlc.
  2. Run RUN_PATCH_RS.command once again. Yes, for all "continue anyway". A disk low warning appears, but I have more then 800GB free.
    => something happened. When I run Rocksmith it fails crashing with the message in 3.png.

I got this issues after Mac OS X reinstallation, before that I was able to play it without any problems.
I'm wondering if I am missing something or I got wrong versions (or older version) of patcher.

Thank you for your support and sorry for my English 😉
Dave.

1.png

2.png

3.png