How to add custom songs on Mac

Wepeel

On 1/2/2022 at 3:23 PM, DasFohlen said:

Release 1.2 of the patch collection, now with a fix for 32 bit issues I noticed and a legacy 64 bit zip that contains different x64 patcher and patch for older macOS versions that you can try if the normal 64 bit zip doesn't work:

https://github.com/aik002/RSBypass/releases/tag/1.2

Discord server for support:

https://discord.gg/cf

Thank you so much! Working fine now on my M1 with Monterey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2021 at 9:37 AM, flapjack89 said:

@ DasFohlen I've just tested:

Monterey on M1 Mac Mini 16GB: Works!! Amazing, thank you so much!

Catalina on an Intel machine: Does not work, crashes with the same sort of error as the old patch does on M1 with Monterey.

@ blueshabs To get this new patch to work I had steam validate Rocksmith to return it to stock, then run the new patch. In order to run the new patch I had to remove the apple quarantine from the "untrusted" files in the patch...

If you extracted RSBypass.zip in your Downloads folder, then from a Terminal window do:

cd ~/Downloads
xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine RSBypass

Then run RUN_PATCH_RS.command.

Been trying to make it work for hours on my Monterey M1 Mac. This worked!!!! Thanks mate

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I've been trying unsuccessfully for several days to get this working again.  Macbook pro Intel based Monterey 12.3.1

removed all the old tools, removed Rocksmith and reinstalled it.  Worked my way through all the  permissions issues, got the new patch from github 1.5.  run the patch, it runs fine, no warnings, errors, but as soon as I start rocksmith it crashes with a desktop warning that it quit unexpectedly.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

4 hours ago, merlinx4 said:

So I've been trying unsuccessfully for several days to get this working again.  Macbook pro Intel based Monterey 12.3.1

removed all the old tools, removed Rocksmith and reinstalled it.  Worked my way through all the  permissions issues, got the new patch from github 1.5.  run the patch, it runs fine, no warnings, errors, but as soon as I start rocksmith it crashes with a desktop warning that it quit unexpectedly.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

tried again just now, the .app has the macos folder and what appears to be the correct file?

Screenshot 2022-05-10 192546.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

on macOS Monterey (v12.3.1), I needed to do some additional steps in order to run the Rocksmith Patch. 

By default, my terminal didn't have permissions to execute `insert_dylib` and `libRSBypass.dylib`, so I kept getting an error when trying to run `RUN_RS_PATCH.command`. Modifying the permissions via the Get Info menu recommended in the guide didn't work for me. 

I needed to enable the Terminal to run local, non-verified files. To enable this, I went to System Preferences -> Security and Privacy -> General Pane -> Developer Tools -> Unlock by Clicking lock icon in bottom left of window -> Check Terminal (or add it to the list if its not there)

Once I did that and double clicked the `RUN_PATCH_RS.command`, it had permissions to execute the other two files and install the patch correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 4:08 AM, Hikikomori said:

pretty sure the latest version already covers it but double check in the discord channel for #mac-os  for additional information on terminal use that is required as well

No, it doesn't cover unfortunately.

After patching, Rocksmith doesn't start anymore. May be it's touched  only me? If some one can write step by step instruction I will appreciate it!

• Sad 1

On 6/14/2022 at 2:15 PM, chebor said:

No, it doesn't cover unfortunately.

After patching, Rocksmith doesn't start anymore. May be it's touched  only me? If some one can write step by step instruction I will appreciate it!

yup theres instructions on the discord with a video even, and instructions pinned for terminal commands that are needed.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just upgraded my iMac 2021 (M1) from Monterey 12.3 to 12.5 😢😅

Because I have tried so many times for the CDLC patches and it didn’t work. It either crashes or CDLC doesn’t play in the game.

Tonight I’m gonna test it out for the latest patch fix. 

@ DasFohlen  dear DasFohlen, may I know if there’re any new patches that work with latest Monterey?

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2022 at 6:06 PM, sneakycrow said:

on macOS Monterey (v12.3.1), I needed to do some additional steps in order to run the Rocksmith Patch. 

By default, my terminal didn't have permissions to execute `insert_dylib` and `libRSBypass.dylib`, so I kept getting an error when trying to run `RUN_RS_PATCH.command`. Modifying the permissions via the Get Info menu recommended in the guide didn't work for me. 

I needed to enable the Terminal to run local, non-verified files. To enable this, I went to System Preferences -> Security and Privacy -> General Pane -> Developer Tools -> Unlock by Clicking lock icon in bottom left of window -> Check Terminal (or add it to the list if its not there)

Once I did that and double clicked the `RUN_PATCH_RS.command`, it had permissions to execute the other two files and install the patch correctly.

I don't see the Developer Tools option. I'm having trouble with the latest version of the game on Monterrey as well. "..Contents/MacOS does not exist" and "..Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014: No such file or directory"

I double checked the location and it's exactly correct. Rocksmith will load the CLDCs, but just show the amps and not allow me to exit. Any hints?

Thank you.

• Like 1