How to add custom songs on Mac

Wepeel

19 hours ago, manu68380 said:

Hi, I have a question that is NOT related to Big Sur, is there a limit to the number or the total size of the CDLC you can play? sometimes Rocksmith crashes and when I erase some of the cdlc it works fine again.

I've found that above certain number of songs the game starts to act weird, with many framedrops and a sluggish feel.

On 11/28/2020 at 9:02 AM, ichocobo said:

Does the keyboard work for someone in the mac port?

I've recently switched from the windows version on bootcamp to the mac version, and I can't use keyboard shortcuts to jump to a certain artist or simply use the search box, just scroll down with arrow keys.

Hi, i reinstalled recently and had to re-enable Rocksmith in the security settings for it to recognise the keyboard - Sys Pref / Security / Privacy tab / Input Monitoring - add Rocksmith  to the list of apps - I was put off at first as there's a warning about being able to monitor the keyboard when using other apps....... but no one's hacked my bank account yet!

• Like 1

ho inserito cdlc è nella playlist nel gioco ma dopo averlo selezionato e messo a punto si blocca all'avvio del gioco.

come posso fare ?

ho fatto tutti i passaggi 

1 rocksmith 2014 originale per mc

2 acquistato dlc Cherub Rock" degli Smashing Pumpkins

3 scaricato estratto e aperto RUN_PATCH_RS.command

4scaricato  custom dlc _m.psarc copiato dentro la cartella rocksmit2014 dlc 

ma avvio il gioco funziona tutto ma se seleziono un brano inserito da me al momento dell'avvio non parte si blocca.

aiuto perfavore 

grazie 

We have some news! 

There is a beta update for Rocksmith 2014 to run on Mac OS Big Sur: 

@TheRiffRepeater says that the beta password is "RockTheMacintosh"

Did anyone tried the current patch with this update? Let me know ^^

Edited by manu68380
Adding a question

On 11/30/2020 at 9:32 PM, LickThat said:

Hi, i reinstalled recently and had to re-enable Rocksmith in the security settings for it to recognise the keyboard - Sys Pref / Security / Privacy tab / Input Monitoring - add Rocksmith  to the list of apps - I was put off at first as there's a warning about being able to monitor the keyboard when using other apps....... but no one's hacked my bank account yet!

It worked! thank you so much!

• Like 1

Working with Catalina now for me.

After today's Steam update, no sound was being picked up by the Rocksmith cable.
Uninstalled through Steam, reinstalled.
Checked that the cable was now working in the Tuner
Applied the patch & CDLC working

50 minutes ago, loza said:

Working with Catalina now for me.

After today's Steam update, no sound was being picked up by the Rocksmith cable.
Uninstalled through Steam, reinstalled.
Checked that the cable was now working in the Tuner
Applied the patch & CDLC working

can you share the patch that you are using? My patch does not work.

Thank you!

Finally work for me!

But I have the same issue every time I reinstall rocksmith and apply the patch without doing a clean reinstall of MacOS, the mouse gestures are not recognized;

when I move my mouse over the menu, it select the mode (like play a song, session mode...) but I can't click, and when I am in learn a song, I can't use two fingers to scroll through the songs.

Every time I reinstall Rocksmith, I delete the "Rocksmith 2014" folder into the "common" folder of steam.

Anybody else having this issue?

Just wished to say a HUGE a thank you to Firekorn, and the others here at CustomsForge for making the programs here to give us budding guitarists a way to expand our music in Rocksmith for PC and Apple, like me. 

Having a few hiccups here and there and with Firekorn’s help, I was able to get a whole bunch of songs downloaded to the RS Library, after doing the conversion with the song utility here. Almost 100 songs in total so far....   

It can be done, just be patient. 

Now the next huge project is downloading songs like instrumentals to become fully custom songs in RS. 

cheers all.... 

DeafGryphon 

Patch doesn't work for me. Running Catalina and latest Rocksmith. When I apply the patch, it says everything went ok, but when I try to launch Rocksmith I get an error about it being broken and can't launch. Any ideas what to do? What were the exact steps others took to get it working?

If your game freezes, you need to redo the patch. If that doesn't work, you may need to reinstall the game and reapply the patch. The patch is confirmed to work on the newest patch by a couple people in the Customsforge discord.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know what it means when your playing isn't recognized?  I see the input levels from my guitar working fine with System Preferences > Sound > Input > Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter, but inside the game, it never thinks I am playing anything.  This just started a couple of weeks ago.  I'm on Catalina.  DLC load fine.

14 hours ago, FlabbierLime92 said:

Anyone know what it means when your playing isn't recognized?  I see the input levels from my guitar working fine with System Preferences > Sound > Input > Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter, but inside the game, it never thinks I am playing anything.  This just started a couple of weeks ago.  I'm on Catalina.  DLC load fine.

Goto Apple > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Input Monitoring

Make sure that Rocksmith has access to the Microphone in that tab. Someone said they had to turn off the microphone access, launch Rocksmith, quit Rocksmith, re-enable microphone access, and then launch Rocksmith again for it to work for their cable to work again.

Thought that is a user that said that, the official stance from Ubisoft is to reinstall the game to fix the bugs because of the MacOS Big Sur Rocksmith update breaking settings for some people.

4 hours ago, Ffio said:

Goto Apple > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Input Monitoring

Make sure that Rocksmith has access to the Microphone in that tab. Someone said they had to turn off the microphone access, launch Rocksmith, quit Rocksmith, re-enable microphone access, and then launch Rocksmith again for it to work for their cable to work again.

Thought that is a user that said that, the official stance from Ubisoft is to reinstall the game to fix the bugs because of the MacOS Big Sur Rocksmith update breaking settings for some people.

It was Privacy > Microphone, but that did it!  Thank you so much!

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, val said:

I've just applied the patch, and can't launch the game anymore, it just crashes at the beginning.

Anyone experiencing the same issue on big sur ?

Nevermind got it working by verifying local files, some cdlc are working others are hanging with the amp screen so I guess it's fine