How to add custom songs on Mac

Wepeel

Hi,

I downloaded the patch and opened RUN_PATCH_RS.command. locally to not get the google security drive error and it worked until it tried to place the libRSBypass.dylib file and then I got the google drive security error again. both files have all users able to read and write...

What to do now?

Thank you for the help

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi , 

I am having the same experience with 10.15.7 

Running on a MacBook Pro 16 

I have dowloaded a legal copy via steam 

dropped the patch into folder /Library/Application Support/steam/steamapps/common/rocksmith2014

run the UN_PATCH_RS.command (all three files changed to read and write)

In system preferences I granted the patch to run in security & privacy and the other two that try and run as well 

when loading the custom songs they seem to be all good and even preview in the menu but on playing I get the same as what others are saying the two amps and nothing else pops up - then in the end just closes the program. 

Have removed twice are tried but no joy. 

Anyone having any other luck to get working?

Seem to have tried everything in this thread with no joy, wonder what I am missing?

I did run on boot camp to windows 10 - that was even worse, the sounds was just a high pitched mess when loading in!

Thanks in advanced

Ok there are 3 files on the download link:
1. insert_dylib
2. libRSBypass.dylib
3. RUN_PATCH_RS.command

After double clicking on the patch command (file no 3), it should open the terminal right? and then what to do with the other two files? should we put them in the library, where in the library? and how to know that the patch command is working??

The instructions are not clear. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

From what we've seen Rocksmith doesn't even open correctly on Big Sur, so cdlc support will only happen after that. Pretty much listen to what every single developer of an app says when they say "Wait to upgrade to the new update"

21 hours ago, miked2232 said:

still no fix huh?  this used to work flawlessly now everyone gets the two amps that show up and can;t get the sing to start

You need to download the DLL and put it in your Steam/steamapps/Rocksmith2014 folder, not the DLC folder, with the name D3DX9_42.DLL exactly or it won't work.

On 10/21/2020 at 12:04 PM, thatbassist said:

Hi , 

I am having the same experience with 10.15.7 

Running on a MacBook Pro 16 

I have dowloaded a legal copy via steam 

dropped the patch into folder /Library/Application Support/steam/steamapps/common/rocksmith2014

run the UN_PATCH_RS.command (all three files changed to read and write)

In system preferences I granted the patch to run in security & privacy and the other two that try and run as well 

when loading the custom songs they seem to be all good and even preview in the menu but on playing I get the same as what others are saying the two amps and nothing else pops up - then in the end just closes the program. 

Have removed twice are tried but no joy. 

Anyone having any other luck to get working?

Seem to have tried everything in this thread with no joy, wonder what I am missing?

I did run on boot camp to windows 10 - that was even worse, the sounds was just a high pitched mess when loading in!

Thanks in advanced

Hi thatbassist,

did you find any solution? I have the same problem and I'm going mad.

Thanks, 

Davide.

11 minutes ago, insilenzio said:

Hi thatbassist,

did you find any solution? I have the same problem and I'm going mad.

Thanks, 

Davide.

Sorry! Wrong thread! I commented on here before. 

So before I updated - I found that some songs ran well others didn't. I have a huge 820 collection of songs and just used trail and error - I would only download the songs that had a .M file option not just change the name from .P .. If you have followed the steps on the original post I can share my DLC folder if you like... still loads in there that don't work well but plenty that do - think a lot of the muse tracks had problems .. I was slowly working out which ones worked, but then the BIG SUR update came and screwed me ..

58 minutes ago, thatbassist said:

Sorry! Wrong thread! I commented on here before. 

So before I updated - I found that some songs ran well others didn't. I have a huge 820 collection of songs and just used trail and error - I would only download the songs that had a .M file option not just change the name from .P .. If you have followed the steps on the original post I can share my DLC folder if you like... still loads in there that don't work well but plenty that do - think a lot of the muse tracks had problems .. I was slowly working out which ones worked, but then the BIG SUR update came and screwed me ..

Thank you thatbassist.

I've notice that I got these problems with only some file (actually, a great part of them). But I'm pretty sure that my files are .m.psarc. In fact, ".m" is for Mac and ".p" is for PC.
But I usually make conversion from .p to .m (not only renaming the file name) using a Rocksmith toolkit, for the ones not available for Mac version.

Maybe I need to update the tool and convert agains all the wrong files.

I'll perform some tests and I will let you know.

Thank you!
Davide.

20 minutes ago, insilenzio said:

Thank you thatbassist.

I've notice that I got these problems with only some file (actually, a great part of them). But I'm pretty sure that my files are .m.psarc. In fact, ".m" is for Mac and ".p" is for PC.
But I usually make conversion from .p to .m (not only renaming the file name) using a Rocksmith toolkit, for the ones not available for Mac version.

Maybe I need to update the tool and convert agains all the wrong files.

I'll perform some tests and I will let you know.

Thank you!
Davide.

No worries - I am just uploading the full folder of the files I have been using and will post a link shortly, all of which have been downloaded from here anyway and some of which have been run through the tool kits etc to get working well  - most do work but plenty in there that has faults just haven't managed to filter them all out, so hopefully that will give you a stock of songs to play for now 🙂 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, thatbassist said:

No worries - I am just uploading the full folder of the files I have been using and will post a link shortly, all of which have been downloaded from here anyway and some of which have been run through the tool kits etc to get working well  - most do work but plenty in there that has faults just haven't managed to filter them all out, so hopefully that will give you a stock of songs to play for now 🙂 

Before you go and search a folder of files, now that this is strictly against our rules to do so and will result in the link being deleted and a warning.

Note that most charter would be more than happy to offer a mac version if they were even asked to do so but it's very rare to have people actually interact in that kind of way and that's a shame.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

30 minutes ago, firekorn said:

Before you go and search a folder of files, now that this is strictly against our rules to do so and will result in the link being deleted and a warning.

Note that most charter would be more than happy to offer a mac version if they were even asked to do so but it's very rare to have people actually interact in that kind of way and that's a shame.

Ok, I understand. So, it is better to ask for a Mac version, directly to the member who released the song?
If I have converted the song from PC to Mac, may I share it to him/her?

1 hour ago, firekorn said:

Would have checked but you saved me a job 😛