How to add custom songs on Mac

Wepeel

had the same problem regarding the freezing of songs. I actually got it to work.

What I did. First time I applied the patch Rocksmith remastered stopped working via the launchpad.

What I didn't try is starting it via steam. I also got several write errors. etc

I gave the patch the permissions and kept It inside the folder of rocksmith also gave the other items write permissions.

Deinstalled again. And installed just like the manual. 

So I added songs and the started to freeze only seeing the boxes. They did appear in the menu. Strangly I didn't apply the patch.

What I after that did was deinstall again removed the downloaded songs from the DLC folder. Checked to make sure no P.parsc is in the downloaded area. Installed Rocksmith again. Applied the patch. And via the Lauchpad it didn't work. Only when I started Rocksmith in the steam app it started up. Added the downloaded songs in the DLC folder.

And tried some songs that kept hanging on the previous time and they worked. So that seemed to do the trick.

• 2 weeks later...

is not working for me. My Mac is a catalina 10.15.5  I have check the permission on the 3 files of the patch, and put them on leer y escribir (reed & write) for all the users and the administrator. My Rocksmith is a legal buyed copy of the game in steem. can some one help me? 

• 2 weeks later...

I followed all the instructions on this 18 page thread and I'm run the apps, and patches and converted my CDLCs to mac.

When i finish tuning, the song tries to load and gets stuck on the speaker cabinet screen. Does anyone know how to make this work in JUNE 2020? 

I have Catalina 10.15.5 , Cherub Rock, Real Tone, Paid STEAM ROCKSMITH 2014 REMASTERED. 

Thanks in advance

You didn't apply the patch, make sure to download the patch from the original post, yes we updated it to Catalina, and follow the steps and it should work.

Hi!
It looks like the patch would not apply on my mac.

I get this when I run the patch....

Last login: Tue Jun 30 11:14:39 on ttys000

Radons-Imac27:~ Radu$ /Users/Radon\ 1/Desktop/RUN_PATCH_RS.command ; exit;

cp: directory /Users/Radu/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS does not exist

/Users/Radu/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014: No such file or directory

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

Please help me fix this!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, Thank you for the patch. I'm still having issues with it: no CDLC are detected.

What I have:

Mac OS Catalina (10.15.4) 64b

Steam RockSmith 2014 Remastered + Cherub Rock

What I have done:

(following the main post, then http://customsforge.com/topic/33889-how-to-add-custom-songs-on-mac/?p=323923)

1) Installed through Steam

2) Check for file corruption (nothing found)

3) Start the game - all good

4) Run patch:

The patch wasn't "trusted developer", so I needed to run as ctrl+click on RUN_PATCH_RS.command, then click on open.

I accepted the "are you sure" type of message and I got the message below.

/Users/ben/Downloads/MAC_Patch/RUN_PATCH_RS.command ; exit;
 ben@Bens-MacBook-Pro  ~  /Users/ben/Downloads/MAC_Patch/RUN_PATCH_RS.command ; exit;
Binary is a fat binary with 2 archs.
Added LC_LOAD_DYLIB to all archs in /Users/ben/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014

[Process completed]

But it doesn't look like what I expected, comparing to other people's post.

5) Started game again - all good

6) Quit game

7) Copied 1 CDLC to the appropriate folder

8) Start game again - all good

No DLC found.

I tried 2-3 others, same thing.

What am I missing?

Hey Everyone.  I'm struggling to get CDLC working on a new iMac running Catalina 10.15.5.  Fresh download of Rocksmith via steam.  Cherub Rock purchased and installed.  I run the patch and I get these images on the screen.  

https://i.imgur.com/hHD3xrV.png

and 

https://i.imgur.com/XN83Dya.png

When I open Rocksmith and select a downloaded CDLC I can get it to load the songs, I can start them in Learn-A-Song, get through tuning, and then I get stuck with amplifiers in the background.

Can anyone offer some advice here?  I feel like I have tried everything I can find that was recommended.

Thanks!

Hey Everyone.  I'm struggling to get CDLC working on a new iMac running Catalina 10.15.5.  Fresh download of Rocksmith via steam.  Cherub Rock purchased and installed.  I run the patch and I get these images on the screen.  

https://i.imgur.com/hHD3xrV.png

and 

https://i.imgur.com/XN83Dya.png

When I open Rocksmith and select a downloaded CDLC I can get it to load the songs, I can start them in Learn-A-Song, get through tuning, and then I get stuck with amplifiers in the background.

Can anyone offer some advice here?  I feel like I have tried everything I can find that was recommended.

Thanks!

I had (still having the same issue), but I could get past that by "trusting the script and the library".

>> The patch wasn't "trusted developer", so I needed to run as ctrl+click on RUN_PATCH_RS.command, then click on open.

Ben

Hello all - I am now having the same issue on Catalina 10.15.5. Rocksmith CDLC worked previously but now I only see the speakers in the background after selecting to play a song and the application freezes completely. I tried cleaning my folder. Normal RS works fine. Any thoughts on this?

• 1 month later...

Hello all - I am now having the same issue on Catalina 10.15.5. Rocksmith CDLC worked previously but now I only see the speakers in the background after selecting to play a song and the application freezes completely. I tried cleaning my folder. Normal RS works fine. Any thoughts on this?

I have the same issue as well.

Ah shoot. Following along as well. I've experienced what most users are which is crashes and no cldc's at all. 

I bought it confidently and I was not expecting the patch not to work because of updates. 

So sad. I hope there's something that can be done!

Sept 3, 2020, Catalina-4 (OS 10.15.4), 2017 iMac

Had a bit of a struggle earlier, even with the patch, but I got it to work eventually. Here's what I did.

Uninstalled RS via Steam app

Reinstalled via Steam app

***NO MANUAL DELETING OF STEAM/RS FOLDERS WHATSOEVER***

Moved the patch folder into the Rocksmith2014 folder (Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/MAC_Patch)

Ran the patch from within this directory

Boom, freezes and crashes gone, CDLC works. I previously ran the patch from the desktop and downloads folders with problems causing RS to not even launch. I think moving the patch folder/files into the RS folder was the magic touch...at least for me.

Good luck!

• Like 1

^Tried this but no luck. 

Any step between reinstalling and running the patch? 

You don't open RS so it recognizes the original DLCs?

Those were the exact steps I took. Which Catalina do you have? Honestly I'm afraid to update these days in the off-chance it'll mess up more than just RS

After those steps, I open RS and it recognizes both original and CDLC

• Like 1

Ok fellow MAC users, I figured it out. 

@dizz818 instructions are correct. 

I ended up upgrading to 10.15.6 to test if that caused any change, but it did not. Or maybe it did, who knows. 

But the actual fix came up from this. 

the file ending in _p.psarc are for PC, you need a file that ends in _m.psarc for it to work on mac.

I am new to CDLC and I was using p.psarc files even though they were not going to work on MAC. 

I found some m.psarc and those worked inmediately. 

The problem is that I, as a newbie, trusted the Search page and downloaded songs that are marked as usable on MAC but are only actually usable from Windows.

Now, as I love the songs I was starting to play I have to find out how to convert them to m.psarc, but I guess that belongs in other topics. 

tl;dr: THIS WORKS:

Had a bit of a struggle earlier, even with the patch, but I got it to work eventually. Here's what I did.

Moved the patch folder into the Rocksmith2014 folder (Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/MAC_Patch)

Boom, freezes and crashes gone, CDLC works. I previously ran the patch from the desktop and downloads folders with problems causing RS to not even launch. I think moving the patch folder/files into the RS folder was the magic touch...at least for me.

Good luck!

It could have even worked before I moved the patch into the RS folder, I just did not have CDLCs to find out. 

On a final note:

Whenever I close RS, I DO get the crash error report. 

I wonder if something will cause RS to crash along the line. 

I guess I'm keeping the Bootcamp partition a little bit longer just in case... :)

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: I uninstalled and reinstalled Rocksmith, ran the patch within Rockmith's directory and dropped my CDLC into the DLC folder. IT WORKS. I'm so hyped.

Ok fellow MAC users, I figured it out. 

@dizz818 instructions are correct. 

I ended up upgrading to 10.15.6 to test if that caused any change, but it did not. Or maybe it did, who knows. 

But the actual fix came up from this. 

the file ending in _p.psarc are for PC, you need a file that ends in _m.psarc for it to work on mac.

I am new to CDLC and I was using p.psarc files even though they were not going to work on MAC. 

I found some m.psarc and those worked inmediately. 

The problem is that I, as a newbie, trusted the Search page and downloaded songs that are marked as usable on MAC but are only actually usable from Windows.

Now, as I love the songs I was starting to play I have to find out how to convert them to m.psarc, but I guess that belongs in other topics. 

tl;dr: THIS WORKS:

Good luck!

It could have even worked before I moved the patch into the RS folder, I just did not have CDLCs to find out. 

On a final note:

Whenever I close RS, I DO get the crash error report. 

I wonder if something will cause RS to crash along the line. 

I guess I'm keeping the Bootcamp partition a little bit longer just in case... :)

You're a lifesaver

I'm still not able to use the toolkit on Catalina. Currently on 10.15.6. Whenever I try to open the toolkit dmg, it just says the file is damaged. I've attempted this on two different Macbooks.

This sucks because not every creator provides Mac files for customs. I can't even get to the installation stage.