How to add custom songs on Mac

Wepeel

• 1 month later...

My mac was out of commission for a while as I'd moved house but on sorting out the man-cave I found that CDLCs froze.  I followed some of the advice here

1. I deleted Rocksmith and reinstalled,  Game then worked for original and Rcoksmith's own DLCs.  

2.  Then ran the patch (do I need to place it anywhere in particular before running it?)and got the following message...

Seans-iMac:~ myname$ /Users/myname/Desktop/RUN_PATCH_RS.command ; exit;
cp: ./libRSBypass.dylib: No such file or directory
/Users/myname/Desktop/RUN_PATCH_RS.command: line 4: ./insert_dylib: No such file or directory
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
[Process completed]

3.  I then added one DLC (NewOrder_LeaveMeAlone_m.psarc) but it failed.  :-(

I'm running High Serra 10.13.6 because I cannot go any higher than that as this is a late 2009 iMac.

Any pointers that I should follow would be gratefully received.  
  • Like 1

Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster; Epiphone Nighthawk Custom; Westone Concord 1: Italia Mondial Classic;

Epiphone J Mascis Jazzmaster; Chapman ML2 Classic Gold-top

So I'm on Catalina and Rocksmith runs CDLCs fine for me, I got all that working. My problem is I can't get any method of converting PC CDLCs to Mac versions up and running. I have RocksmithCustomSongToolkit and every time I open it it tells me to download MONO 2.8 or higher. I've downloaded the most recent MONO and it didn't work. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or an older version of MONO?

• Developer

@@Shakey64 Go to the Apple Menu and select "About this Mac".
what type of processor does it say you have?

To check if an app is 32-bit or 64-bit, from the Apple menu, choose About This Mac, then click the System Report button. 
what version of rocksmith does it say is install (64 or 32 bit and version info)?

did you perform default or custom installation of rocksmith?

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

@@JazzMasterJ have look here and here  second to last paragraph.   not exactly answer to what you are asking but a couple of options to get tools working if you want to stay with Catalina.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@@cozy1 It seems to be working, I installed Microsoft .NET Framework like it recommended (I did 4.7.2) and it fully installed according to Crossover. But when I open CFSM it shows up in the dock and then closes immediately before anything opens up.

Edit: Okay installed it in the same bottle as the .NET Framework and it opened! But now it is saying "Unhandled Exception: The given path's format is not supported ... Open log file now? And no matter if I click yes, no or close the window, the whole app closes itself. and the directory I clicked on for the RS2014 Installation Directory is Y:\Library\Application Support\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmoth2014

@@Shakey64 Go to the Apple Menu and select "About this Mac".

what type of processor does it say you have?

To check if an app is 32-bit or 64-bit, from the Apple menu, choose About This Mac, then click the System Report button. 

what version of rocksmith does it say is install (64 or 32 bit and version info)?

did you perform default or custom installation of rocksmith

Thanks for the reply Cozy

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz

Says the app is 64bit

No I didn't do anything other than the request download from Steam, which I assume is default?

Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster; Epiphone Nighthawk Custom; Westone Concord 1: Italia Mondial Classic;

Epiphone J Mascis Jazzmaster; Chapman ML2 Classic Gold-top

• Developer

@@Shakey64 so then these instructions should work if you follow them exactly.

after you reinstall fresh steam validated rocksmith make sure that you can play dlc.  many mac users have had issues with cdlc that are corrupt after the update.  i would recommend that you start with only dlc in the dlc folder and go from there.

• 4 weeks later...

I have installed Rocksmith on Catalina and enabled the beta with 64bit support.  I downloaded the patch, but when I run the RUN_PATCH_RS.command, I get the following error:

“insert_dylib” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

I've checked the permissions on that file and my user, staff and everyone have "Read & Write" permissions.

Anyone an idea?

• Like 1

So, I decided to put this out there on the off chance that it might help at least some people out. 

I'd been having issues with getting some songs to work/load in RS. Whenever I loaded in, some of my customs would be there, but others wouldn't. I tried reinstalling, reconverting, anything to try to figure it out or get them to work. Nothing. Several were by the same uploader, band, etc, just different songs. 

Then this happened by accident. I was messing around with the song list for the umpteenth time, and started to exit out. I got to the main title screen again, and then changed my mind about quitting, wanting to test another setting. When I went back into my song library, holy heck, all of them were there!

I spent several minutes testing variables, messing with other menu settings, just waiting to see if the songs would load, etc. But the only consistent thing I found was loading in, exiting to the main title screen, and loading back in. Every time.

So, tldr: If you can't seem to get your CDLC songs to appear, try exiting to the main title screen and then loading back in again. I have no clue why this works when nothing else did, but hey, I have my songs so I don't care!

Hi, 

some time ago I had CDLC working on RS in my MAC. 

Now I have updated to MacOS Catalina, I reinstalled Steam and RS on the default location (I am smart enough to install it somewhere else and also to stay away from windows :-) ), and run the pach according to the instructions.

The terminal aid something like "Last login: Thu Mar 26 19:53:05 on ttys000

The default interactive shell is now zsh.

To update your account to use zsh, please run `chsh -s /bin/zsh`.

For more details, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208050.

Ludo-MBP:~ ludo$ /Users/ludo/Downloads/MAC_Patch-4/RUN_PATCH_RS.command ; exit;

Binary is a fat binary with 2 archs.

Added LC_LOAD_DYLIB to all archs in /Users/ludo/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014

logout

Saving session...

...completed.

[Process completed]

I own Cherub Rock. I have copied  Ayreon_Day-Nine-Playground_v1_p.psarc 

I launched RS, it turns on OK but the son is nowhere to be seen. 

Any suggestions, thanks in advance.

Hi, 
I have some problems with Rocksmith in CDLC.

I update Catalina in MacOS, and reinstall the steam and Rocksmith.

Then my CDLC song(every one) will be stuck on the screen showing the speaker . The original will be fine.

Sometimes the Session Mode gets the same issue.

My CDLC's App id is using the original "OutKast-Hey Ya!".

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with this? but Everything worked smoothly before the upgrade.

Have any suggestion for it?, thanks for the community. :)

I had all the issues mentioned in this thread. Freezing, songs not showing up, etc. I'm pretty sure the solution is simple as I have had no problems since implementing it.

And the solution is, Clean up your song folder. Simple as that and I'm fairly confident your issues will disappear. I think rocksmith struggles when you have a lot of songs with long titles, spaces, odd characters. 

Look at rocksmiths dlcs compaired with cdlcs. "cherubrock_m.psarc" nice and simple. Compared to a random cdlc "Led Zeppelin - 2 - Babe I'm Gonna Leave You_m.psarc" Over three dozen characters, punctuation, spaces...the works.

Edit the file names of all your cdlcs that look over complicated. Turn the above to "ledzep-babe.m.psarc" for example.

It's tedious, but necessary. I had hundreds of songs and it took hours to clean up. But now every song shows up and plays. No freezes. Everytime I download a new song, I simplify the file name before it goes into the song folder.

Aslo search your folder for any p.psarc files and delete them, they are PC files and may cause problems. (I can't confirm this, but did so just in case).

• Like 1

sorry I use the translator I have this problem when I run the Patch

Last login: Fri Apr  3 22:33:47 on ttys000

iMac-MINI:~ adriano$ /Users/macbook/Desktop/MAC_Patch/RUN_PATCH_RS.command ; exit;

/Users/macbook/Desktop/MAC_Patch/RUN_PATCH_RS.command: line 4: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'

/Users/macbook/Desktop/MAC_Patch/RUN_PATCH_RS.command: line 5: syntax error: unexpected end of file

logout

Saving session...

...completed.

[Processo completato]

Hello, I can't see CDLC on Rocksmith since the day before yesterday, I am running  Mac Os Catalina and everything was working fine since then.

So I tried to fix it by running the patch again but it did not work.

I uninstalled Rocksmith after removed all the files in the steam folder so I can make a clean install, but it did not work again.

I changed the ID of my CDLC but it did not work neither.

The patch I run is this one:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ZKYtpB0vu2WnJWZzdtUkp6SU0/view

I don't understand why I can't play CDLC, am I the only one who is having this problem?

• Like 2

Same issues after latest update also original RS songs not showing, this has happened before and if they want to keep the customer base want go onto whatever is coming next a bit more effort for testing would be a good idea. If asked I suspect most of Mac and PC audience would help as we all want the best experience and to take it beyond just a game.

Last time I had to remove all the DLC and reacquire then add back in CDLC afterwards, will give that a try in morning and post results.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any updates to this whole Catalina debacle? Obviously, had I known I wouldn't be able to play any of my CDLC, I wouldn't have let my mac update to Catalina. I'm just wondering if anyone has a rough timeframe, or if I should move on from rocksmith and stop trying all of the weird random fixes.
The farthest I get is loading a song, and then having the song details hang out in RS while the screen fades to black in the background as if it will play. If I remove all CDLC the regular RS songs work but they are just meh. I've looked around for a couple of hours at least every month to see if our awesome devs have created a solution, and no rush if it's complicated etc- I'm just wondering if I move on. 

**Edit**

So, I got it to work magically. Something about the order of operations and installation fixed the issues within the game - so my old DLC works fine. Now it's just a matter of getting new DLC converted to Mac. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Are there any updates to this whole Catalina debacle? Obviously, had I known I wouldn't be able to play any of my CDLC, I wouldn't have let my mac update to Catalina. I'm just wondering if anyone has a rough timeframe, or if I should move on from rocksmith and stop trying all of the weird random fixes.

The farthest I get is loading a song, and then having the song details hang out in RS while the screen fades to black in the background as if it will play. If I remove all CDLC the regular RS songs work but they are just meh. I've looked around for a couple of hours at least every month to see if our awesome devs have created a solution, and no rush if it's complicated etc- I'm just wondering if I move on. 

**Edit**

So, I got it to work magically. Something about the order of operations and installation fixed the issues within the game - so my old DLC works fine. Now it's just a matter of getting new DLC converted to Mac. 

Any chance you could explain what you did to get it to work? I'm having the exact same issues as you did.

Download the new patch listed in the "Use CDLC" and make sure you verify your game install on Steam before you run the cdlc patch.

@Zero_black_zero 

For anyone with Mac 64 bit Rocksmith 2014 Remastered issues.  Here's what to do:

1) Uninstall Rocksmith.  Make sure you DELETE the steam folder/files under application support when uninstalling it. Most user issues with uplay account not showing up and/or dlc missing are because when doing the uninstall the users never went in and manually deleted this folder.

I'm running an early 2011 MacBook Pro with OS 10.11.6 El Capitan

I'm now on my third uninstall - reinstall attempt to remedy this. I can't find the Steam folder in application support, I've tried using command, shift, . to reveal hidden files but there's nothing there... no Steam folder at all... any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...