How to add custom songs on Mac

Wepeel

• Developer

@TeeBee  WhaWha!  You were given options.

Thank you for proving my point.

Your welcome.  Maybe Mac users should be complaining to Apple Customer Support for dropping 32 bit application support.  There are  many other 32 bit apps that don't work anymore. 

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo!

First of all i wanna thank to all People ho spend hours and energy to get this work. I use Custom Force Tools since years and with a few simple troubles i get it working everytime Steam update the Game.

With the new update everything goes wrong. since i updated Steam the Game crashes .... I cannot play the Game even without the Patch. With the Patch the Game won´t even start. 

I try everything and use the direction strickly, deinstalling the Game and installing it new. 

is there any Help out there, i cannot play since Days and i´m going mad......

Thx for help...

I´m using a Macbook with Mojave 10.14.6

• Developer

@@Maotze Since you are still on Mojave you could give this a try.  If you want to stay with 64 bit version of RS then start reading here and here,  and follow instructions exactly.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

There haven't been too many updates in this thread, but I just found a fix that worked for me. My problem was that since the update to 64-bit, I would be able to choose a song and tune my guitar. However, once I tuned and moved on to the song, the game would hang at the amplifiers without starting the song. I haven't been able to play any CDLC because this happens with everything. However, just found out that if I choose to skip the tuner, the songs load up fine. Not sure if other people have figured this out also, but thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone else was still struggling. 

Hi all - i've also spent many hours reading posts, trying patches, installing/uninstalling, trying the beta. For a while I couldn't even get the game to open "because of a problem". Now the furthest I've gotten is being able to play my DLC's, have access to all the CDLC's, but whether or not I skip the tuner, they get stuck at the amplifiers/speakers, so can't play any of my many hundred CDLC's, which is like 99% of what I usually play. 

Is there really no fix for this, still? So can't play CDLC's on a mac anymore??? 

I'd also like to echo the comments thanking all those who spend countless hours working on this stuff for the rest of us, coming up with fixes, etc. We'd be lost without you, so thank you!!! (and please come up with a fix for this one!!! :)) 

• Like 1

I'm providing this post for those problem solvers in here who might benefit from my summary, as I've just finished reading up on here too. 

I'm having the same issue as most on the Mac right now; cdlc will tune and load venue, but no strings appear and the program becomes unresponsive. Also of note, when loading the venue, no strings show and the lights will dim and then flicker to a stable level, and which point it's unresponsive except for cursor movements.

I've had this issue for a while now, more than just 3 weeks. So far, I've been able to make some basic deductions, but programming isn't a strength of mine.

Running the RS patch ends up leaving 6 files missing when you verify game files. I manually dropped the file into the Rocksmith package and then verified and had 7 missing, but I'm retesting that (I might have removed a dlc file in the process of isolating variables). I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, rerunning the process, to no avail. I've also verified that it's not the actual m.psarc cdlc files, having converted fresh; unless maybe it's an ID# issue? The rest of the application runs normally, including official dlc.

I've seen that some posts on here have found success through strange things, like skipping the tuning screen; that seems like an aberration, though, with only one person having mentioned it. Personally, I've been skipping that step every time trying to resolve this, and I've never had success.

After running the patch, I'll get a "problem" message allowing to ignore or report. If I drop the file into the package without running that shell, I don't get that message.

This is all I have to contribute to the effort so far, but I'll mention more if I happen across a good solution as I continue to work on this.

• Like 2

UPDATE: I'm going through the process of isolating variables and need to make a modification to previous post. 

Running RS shell leaves now 1 file unverified. Replacing the libRSbypass in the package AND running the shell causes a failure under which the game seems to be running (as far as the steam client is concerned) when it isn't. Still only 1 file missing in verification after reboot.

I'm going through the shell, but it's slow because I'm only generally acquainted with it and don't have some programs needed to read everything.

Also, OF NOTE, in my research into this I did find a statement from UbiSoft saying one of the updates was "Changes to DLC enumeration to prevent exclusions of player content." That sounds like there might be modifications to song ID's, or the indexing system or something to possibly preclude the need to patch? Or possibly that there are new song ID's, and the bad current ID's are what is causing the problem. Are we familiar with the symptoms of an improperly ID'd song? Is it the same as this problem?

I think that's a hot lead on this issue.

• Like 1

Addendum: so I reloaded Rocksmith fresh, after an uninstall and reinstall, and tried playing my cdlc straight out of the gate on the game; the song title is recognized, the preview plays, and the component sections show, but I get the EXACT same problem with the song as when the patch is applied and yadda yadda; this seems to indicate this isn't a patch issue per se, but a song ID problem a la "changes to dlc enumeration..." from this newest update.

• Like 1

• Developer

@Zero_black_zero 

For anyone with Mac 64 bit Rocksmith 2014 Remastered issues.  Here's what to do:

1) Uninstall Rocksmith.  Make sure you DELETE the steam folder/files under application support when uninstalling it. Most user issues with uplay account not showing up and/or dlc missing are because when doing the uninstall the users never went in and manually deleted this folder.

2) Re-install Rocksmith to the default location.  After the install, have steam verify your new files BEFORE applying the patch. http://customsforge....e-2#entry323900

3)  Download, unzip and run the "run rs patch.command", then launch Rocksmith as normal.  Here's the patch:. https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Notes:
If/when steam/ubi pushes a new version of Rocksmith then you MUST repeat the above process.  You may turn off steam autoupdates while ubi is testing new versions of Rocksmith if you want to avoid having to go through this process every-time.

If you encounter issues with Mac CDLC ... 1) Make sure you own ODLC Cherub Rock.  2) Make sure all your CDLC AppId's have been set to Cherub Rock and are repaired using CFSM>Repairs.  3) Make sure you don't have any duplicate CDLC using CFSM>Duplicates (check for both types of duplicates) 

If you have upgraded to Mac OS Catalina then you will need to run CFSM using Crossover, or Boot Camp apps.  Otherwise you can run CFSM using the Rocksmith Tools Launcher app.

Here's the full version of the instructions and link to patch.

• Like 6

Hey everyone. Chiming in as I'm having the same problems. A 2013 MacBook Pro 15" Retina, Mojave, latest Steam and Rocksmith 2014. CDLCs worked fine until recently. I'm guessing the 64-bit update broke it.

I followed the instructions by cozy1 above, but it hasn't fixed the problem. An official DLC loads fine, but a custom hangs on the screen after the tuner, never loads the fretboard. Also tried the "skipping the tuner" trick and that didn't help.

If there is anything I need to do to experiment with potential solutions, let me know. And thanks for everything. The whole community, this awesome project and all the support.

Fixed it! I looked at the command file and realised it was trying to patch the default directory. As I am suffering from the Mac disease of limited storage, I have my Steam library on an SD card and so the patch couldn't have known where to patch. I edited the command file, ran it and now it's working!

You guys are awesome!

• Developer

@BillSwamps  If you are smart enough to have RS installed somewhere on your Mac other than the default location then you really should get a PC. :D

@BillSwamps  If you are smart enough to have RS installed somewhere on your Mac other than the default location then you really should get a PC. :D

:D Smart enough to hack your patch even. :ph34r: 

I used to have a PC back in the early century but they're just not that nice. The Mac cuddles me and holds me by the hand. If I played more games, I probably would, but this and Civilization is the only thing I do and that's not enough to warrant stepping back to the dark side.

• Developer

Sorry, I can not take credit for the actual Mac Patch code.  I don't even own a Mac anymore.  There many smarter peeps than me who should to be thanked for the patch.

Happy TG for those in the States, 

I was hoping for some guidance.  I am using an iMac running macOS Sierra version 10.12.16 and running Rocksmith 2014 Remastered on Steam.  

I followed the instructions at the top of the post to add a Nirvana song for my son.  

I did encounter permission errors in running the patch, but was able to allow each, only one asked for me to enter my admin pass.  Thank that step was checked. 

I downloaded the song he wanted, and was unable to find the director listed using Go to File in Finder, but was able to find the location by using the Browse Local Files tab in Steam by right clicking on RS and clicking properties to get to the Browse function.  

I copied over the m.Parc file to the directory.  

Launched RS and do not see the song.  

Appreciate any help here, is there something I missed or did not do properly.  Not even close to strong mac/steam user, so thanks in advance!!

• 2 weeks later...

After many attempts I found out that the issue I was facing was because I was pasting the custom dlc files into the folder ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014  rather than ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014/dlc

after copying the files to "dlc"  folder it started to work for me.

• Like 2

:D Smart enough to hack your patch even. :ph34r: 

I used to have a PC back in the early century but they're just not that nice. The Mac cuddles me and holds me by the hand. If I played more games, I probably would, but this and Civilization is the only thing I do and that's not enough to warrant stepping back to the dark side.

I have the same problem, and I have tried to edit the RUN_PATCH_RS.command, but no matter what i use for the RS_Path, it always returns the same error "No such file or directory"   In terminal, I can copy/paste the path, up to the Rocksmith2014.app portion, and it works correctly.  I can also look at the contents of the .app and see the Contents/MacOS folder.

Would you mind sharing how you edited the command to get this completed?

Thanx

eta:

nm...i just used the terminal to execute the commands individually, using the actual directories, all worked great.  Thank you everyone for these threads!

• Developer

@@Zero_black_zero and all other thread readers ...

Plz DM me links to copies of any Mac CDLC that are crashing the game for analysis.

• Like 1

I've been struggling with the upgrade for a while... one thing that seems to help is i went through and took all the spaces out of the file names and shortened them where i could....

strange as it seems... and a royal pain....

just doing that has made the game usable... doesnt affect in game song names or previous scores etc...

backed up dlc folder

i uninstalled removed everything (uninstall via steam and then manually deleted folders), reinstalled via steam.

tested as working, as delivered from steam....

added a few custom DLC....

tried again... no work...

ran page one patch... worked!

added all DLC back... dead again (no covers, hang after tuning, rarely played preview clips, etc)

removed dlc again (just used command Z, as this removed what i added and left stock/paid DLC)

then i started adding selectively down the list (original DLC was around 2000ish)

i had alot of duplicates etc.. so used it as an opportunity to delete/cleanup.

got to a certain point after about 500 or so and the issue started coming back.....

i messed with putting smaller and smaller batches of them trying to pin down a single file...

but it would come back no matter which file...

on a whim i started renaming/shortening and removing blank spaces out of  filenames and it started working.

strangely it still comes back at certain points in trying to get more CDLC in the folder....

but i go through and cleanup missed spaces and long filenames (like i need to remember who made it or what version... and who names something v1.... thats like you know you did a crap job and preplan a v2 ha)

anyway.... long winded list of things i tried and some things that have been helping in case anyone else finds it useful.