How to add custom songs on Mac

Wepeel

• Administrator

@@LickThat For the keyboard part, in Catalina, it is required to authorize access of app to the keyboard/mouse on first launched : https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2120198-UPDATED-(10-08-19)-MacOS-Catalina-Known-amp-Fixed-Issues?p=14577336&viewfull=1#post14577336

As for problem with CDLC, all we know so far is that some specific CDLC can make all CDLC crash. We haven't identified the root of the issue so all we can ask for now is for people to add CDLC by small group at a time and try to find problematic CDLC this way for us to investigate more thoroughly.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

"For the keyboard part, in Catalina, it is required to authorize access of app to the keyboard/mouse on first launched :" link goes on to say:

Players first launching this update will receive a request to allow Rocksmith to accept keyboard/mouse input even while using other applications.

This request is a result of Catalina’s improvements to Privacy settings and was necessary to allow the use of certain types of mouse input for MacOS. Denying this request will prevent players from using their mouse in-game.You can change these options from the Privacy tab of your Security settings.

The first time I launched RS after upgrading to Catalina I got this prompt. I accepted it and the mouse worked fine. It wasn't until trying to patch the game, uninstalling, reinstalling, patching, etc...the mouse click stopped working. Never did I "Deny" the request. In fact I never got a request after the first time launching RS.

The post also states "You can change these options from the Privacy tab of your Security settings". Where? I've been thoroughly through the security settings and can't find anything referring to mouse clicks/input settings. Rather than vaguely saying check your security settings, a direct path would have been nice.

@@firekorn thanks for the reply. I don't recall seeing a prompt for keyboard (only access to mic which I accepted). But I've been into privacy settings and Rocksmith is showing in the 'Input Monitoring' section so still not sure why not working.

When you say 'add CDLC small group at a time' presumably you mean moving all the CDLC files elsewhere and then return them in small chunks?

@@TeeBee - I went System Preferences / Security & Privacy / Privacy tab / Input Monitoring  (Rocksmith was already listed and ticked for me).

• Administrator

For issue with the keyboard, i can only point you back to Ubisoft support, beside CDLC, i can only offer the usual "verify/install again" kind of option which is unlikely to solve any actual bug with the software while Ubisoft is still doing update to fix bugs on RS.

And yes, get them out of your DLC folder and add them back in little chunk (by letter for example or whatever works for you to keep track of it). I know it's not a fun process but that's all i can really offer at the moment.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Ok I think I've got a solution for the mouse click issue. It's Simply delete the rocksmith app from input monitoring in the privacy tab.

Run RS again.

You will get the prompt to allow Input monitoring (Open system preferences or Deny).

Click Open System Prefs.  Then navigate to -> Sec & Privacy -> Privacy Tab -> Input Monitoring.  

As I already had system prefs open, I  saw RS re-populate Input Monitoring (unticked).

Tick the box.

It will say you will need to close RS and reopen for the input to work. Do that and my mouse clicks worked again.

I've closed and opened RS a few times, each time the mouse clicks continued to work. I am yet to test rebooting my computer and testing. 

• Like 1

Ok I've had the day to try and locate any cdlc's on my system that maybe causing the issues we are experiencing.

To be clear, I have the songs pass the tuning phase, and freeze on the speakers, no notes/strings appear.

TESTING

At first I removed all the songs between with names beginning with A, then B, then realised, if I just removed all the songs before "cherub rock" (seeing that cherub rock is what all the custom songs are based off) I could eliminate those before, and then those songs after Cherub Rock.

Either side of that song still caused a freeze. This could mean that there are multiple songs causing the issue, "cherub rock" itself (which is a whole other headache) or none of the songs, something in the patch.

I've then removed all songs except for cherub rock. WORKS. This was expected as Cherub rock is a purchased dlc. So the patch isn't technically in play at this stage as there are no custom songs in the folder.

Now to test a cdlc. I added ONE song (2 minutes to midnight). FAIL

Next I tried a number of randoms, one at a time. Adding and removing each as I went. FAIL

Every song I tried failed. Randomly picked. This can't be a coincidence.

CONCLUSION

I suspect the patch doesn't play well with Cherub Rock disabling all custom songs. The patch is the culprit. It's not the custom songs.

Edit: Just want to make mention that in no way I'm having a go at the developer of the patch. I'm very appreciative of the tireless work involved and thankful of all the patches that have been developed over the years. Made by folks much MUCH smarter than I.

• Like 2

• Administrator

After verifying the integrity of the game files, when applying the patch, can you share the command window. I suspect the patch might not apply because of a path that isn't accurate to your specific installation path.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

@@jimmortimer The patch should work on catalina. As always if you have issue, first try to verify the integrity of the game file and then apply the patch once. If you still have issue after, we'll need more info as to what is going on with your system.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@ fire korn Thanks for your answer. RS starts as usual. Official Dlc's can be started. All cdlc's freeze. It does not matter if I start a cdlc's first after starting the game or after I start an official song that was playable. In any case, I have to end the game via the control panel immediately and restart. To turn on the variant beta downloads did not lead to the desired result, as well as the patch.Also a newly added cdlc is frozen

"...to verify the integrity of the game..." What do i have to do there?

To Verify the Integrity of the Game, you need to:

Go to your steam browser -> Library -> right click on Rocksmith -> select "Properties" -> select "Local Files" tab -> Click "Verify Integrity of Game Files"

Now I've done this many times as @@firekorn recommends, I continually get the same  2 results.  Either 5, or 6 files failed to validate and will be required.

Once verified, I check again. The result is the game files look good. No fails.

I run the game, test songs...songs don't work. I close game. I verify the integrity of the game files again...and yep...the same 5 or 6 files fail to verify.

What this means I don't know, but it seems like nothing is "required" nor fixed. Is this the issue with the cdlc's? No idea...but it's strange to me we all have these issues with one common problem, the patch.

After verifying the integrity of the game files, when applying the patch, can you share the command window. I suspect the patch might not apply because of a path that isn't accurate to your specific installation path.

Sorry @@firekorn, I only just noticed your post.

I'm not sure what to do to help. I have my console open but there is sooo much gobbledygook, i don't know what to select to post to you.

I can provide my path though if that helps.

/Users/myname/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014  (This is probably not the path you're referring to.)

The folder with the custom songs is inside that /Rocksmith2014 simply called "dlc".

• Administrator

@@TeeBee a screenshot of it all would work well too.

Also the patch will means that file will fail to verify with steam, the reason of checking file integrity is to make sure you run with the default file cause runing the patch multiple times will make the patch fail.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@firekorn. If you could point to something in particular I could do a search for in console, a keyword? I could then locate the specific logs for you.

I did what @@jimmortimer suggested with no luck, but I had console open and terminal, waited till the minute changed on the time and applied the patch.

That way I could at least get an around about time stamp on console.

I'll post below what terminal spits out (removing any private details):

/Users/NAME/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014/MAC_Patch/RUN_PATCH_RS.command ; exit;

The default interactive shell is now zsh.

To update your account to use zsh, please run `chsh -s /bin/zsh`.

For more details, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208050.

NAME-iMac:~ NAME$ /Users/NAME/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014/MAC_Patch/RUN_PATCH_RS.command ; exit;

Binary is a fat binary with 2 archs.

Added LC_LOAD_DYLIB to all archs in /Users/NAME/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

Seems to have patched ok in my eyes. But testing, still not working.

• Developer

@sonicmauro  The toolkit may never run on Catalina.  The toolkit, CFSM, and CGT have many dependencies on third party 32 bit libraries for which there currently are no 64 bit alternatives.  An option for you and other Mac users may be a dual boot Mac, Boot Camp, or just don't upgrade to Catalina.  Currently looking into 64 bit Wineskin port with no success.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@sonicmauro  The toolkit may never run on Catalina.  The toolkit, CFSM, and CGT have many dependencies on third party 32 bit libraries for which there currently are no 64 bit alternatives.  An option for you and other Mac users may be a dual boot Mac, Boot Camp, or just don't upgrade to Catalina.  Currently looking into 64 bit Wineskin port with no success.

Well there goes the Mac community if that's the reality. Not to mention those with modded PS3's and xbox's that are mac owners. 

The idea that mac owners simply don't upgrade or duel boot goes to the core of how misunderstood mac owners are. We have a very different mind set to windows users. We like things automated, simplified and not used to 3rd party bypasses or would avoid having windows bloating their systems.

I would suggest nearly every mac owner upgrades if their system allows it, its just what mac users do.

I understand the hard unrewarded work that goes into these great tools. The programmers that spend hours of their own time perfecting their apps. But sadly if toolkit doesn't evolve to include the current mac system, or the patch. The rocksmith cdlc mac community is dead. It's that simple.

• Developer

@TeeBee  WhaWha!  You were given options.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Anybody got it working in Mojave with latest version of Rocksmith? I applied the patch (no errors here). The CDLC are shown but with no cover (the dissapear after try to play it). Funny thing is that it recognizes 1040 songs. Since I can't play CDLC, I rolled back to a previous Rocksmith version (via STEAM / CONSOLE, there's a reddit post explaining how to do this.)  and that version works (BUT, it only recognizes 922 songs. Bad thing is that is does not connect to Ubisoft services thus my purchased DLC's are not shown. But at least I can play the other 922 songs. :-D