How to add custom songs on Mac

Wepeel

@@firekorn I believe so. 

When i configured the sharings for the 3 patch files and double clicked the RUN_PATCH_RS.command, get this:

Loaner-3:~ Brian$ /Users/administrator/Documents/RS_MAC_Patch/RUN_PATCH_RS.command ; exit;

cp: directory /Users/Brian/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS does not exist

/Users/Brian/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014: No such file or directory

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

• Administrator

@@minimaestro17 It indicate that the directory don't exist though so it can't copy the file. Seems like you haven't installed RS in the default path that we expect most user to have used so you'll have to adjust RS path yourself for it to work.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am currently having the same issue. I recently installed Steam/Rocksmith onto my External HDD to save space. Works great for all songs and DLC but obviously CDLC are not working anymore. Can someone tell me what I need to change the script to be? I'm not a coder but I understand how to open up the patch as a text file and then save it. If someone could write out how it should be mapped I'd be very grateful!

Currently the chain goes - MY HDD > Games > Steam > Steamapps > common > Rocksmith2014

Running on a Macbook pro 2015 with Mojave

• Developer

I am currently having the same issue. I recently installed Steam/Rocksmith onto my External HDD to save space. Works great for all songs and DLC but obviously CDLC are not working anymore. Can someone tell me what I need to change the script to be? I'm not a coder but I understand how to open up the patch as a text file and then save it. If someone could write out how it should be mapped I'd be very grateful!

Currently the chain goes - MY HDD > Games > Steam > Steamapps > common > Rocksmith2014

Running on a Macbook pro 2015 with Mojave

Modifying the first line of RUN_PATCH_RS.cmd should do the trick. Replace /Users/$USER/Library/Application Support/Steam with I'd assume /Volumes/HDD_name_here/Steam (if you made a different Steam library folder instead of moving the whole Steam with all its files to the HDD, you should be able to see the whole path by going to Steam Settings -> Downloads -> Steam Library Folders - it will show you precisely just the part of the path that you need to replace ) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Any support for the public beta currently available for catalina?  It makes the app 64bit and once this patch is applied, gives an invalid platform error...

I can get RS to work with Catalina, but am limited to dlc and original content.  Any cdlc won't start.   Once patch is applied, the app won't start.

Anyone else having trouble just getting RS to work at all with the new public beta, what I did that seems to help is add another install folder to steam and move the app to the new folder and clear download cache.  That got me past the steam error.  Then I would keep getting app crash library errors.  But if I let it sit for a few minutes and try again, it worked.

But never got it to work once patched for CDLC.  That gives the platform error.

@@Wepeel Any chance of a patch for the public beta?

Rocksmith 2014 Remastered - Mac OS Beta Update - Ubisoft Forums

https://forums.ubisoft.com › showthread.php › 2120195-Rocksmith-2014-...

Thank You! @@firekorn.  Didn't see your post until I posted this one with the link to the beta.  Leaving the link and editing in my thanks. I would be very happy to help if I can. I practice cdlc hours a day and really don't want to erase my drive to go back to mohave.

Reply to MTpenguin

I had a similar problem.  when I installed the beta i could play Rocksmith but no CDLC content downloaded from this site.  DLC purchased worked fine.  I could see CDLC on my song list but when I went to play I just got a screen with the speakers but no Piano Roll or Guitar strings and the song never starts.   Hope there is a patch once the 64 bit Mac version comes out

Anybody experience an issue where suddenly Rocksmith wants to use your mic and doesn't pick up your guitar after applying the patches and custom dlc's?

Thanks for all the content and guides!

- EDIT - 

For some reason, after applying the patch, Rocksmith wanted access to my mic. I denied access initially which is what caused the error above. 

All sorted now though. 

Finally, thanks for the guide. I ran in to a few of the issues as stipulated in the guide which were all resolved. 

Rock on! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

For anyone that apply the path multiple times, it'll only break the game. If you have issue with the game starting, first verify the integrity of the game file to start on a fresh version and then add the patch once. If you still have issue, we will need 100 times more info than a simple "it doesn't work".

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I was excited when I saw your post skittishbongo42. I followed your instructions to the letter but now when i click on a cdlc, they disappear from the list. Loading the game agin, they appear, selecting them, again disappear.

I've also got the mouse click bug, none of my clicks register. So yea...good times.

Edit: After another reboot and test, the disappearing cdls's now don't disappear and seem to work until the speakers appear. Then the freeze/crash as others are experiencing.

Hi, so I stil have the same problem of being unable to play CDLC. I followed @@firekorn advice and verified the integrity of the game. At first it looked like this worked (CDLC screens were loading) but when I returned later to start playing the same issue came back. I then followed @@skittishbongo42 and uninstalled / reinstalled / reapplied patch but still no joy. Also it no longer seems to respond to the keyboard e.g. to navigate down the song list I can only do this by scrolling with the up/down arrows - it no longer jumps to an artist when keying a letter. 

My Mac is running Catalina, not sure what other info needs to be shared.

• Like 1

Same @@LickThat , while the cdlc is enumerating i notice all the cdlc album artwork shows and I can pick and play any song successfully, but maybe a minute in or so a lot of the album artwork disappears while the songs remain at which point i can try and play a song that has artwork only to get the amp loading screen of death just before the fretboard pops up, or the enumerating songs in the upper right just disappears, and while clicking on songs without the artwork just makes them disappear.

I have done all sorts of reinstalls and restarts and application updates and can provide any further information as needed. Thanks for all the awesome work and support for these issues!

• Like 1