How to add custom songs on Mac

Wepeel

Dear Guitar God, [EDIT BELOW]

Could you explain 'use wined version of cst'? I have no idea what that refers to....

This has been working just fine on my old Mac, btw, so not sure what has changed. BTW it turns out that Mono instals just fine, the only issue is that it does not add a path so it can be run in the terminal. I solved that, but still stuck.

Worst comes to worst I might be able to get the PC version working but still, that's a nuisance. So anyhow, pointers on the first line would be appreciated.

(And if it turns out we can't get the Mac version working it would be a good idea to update the instructions... apparently I'm not alone with this problem :) )

Thanks

EDIT: do you mean this: rstoolkit-v2.9.0.0-b1c043443-stable-macosx? Found since I wrote this post and it loads just fine. Haven't tried it yet, getting late, will try tomorrow.

Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@@sevastiades, thankoyu for letting us know I'm sure there's more of a successful installations but usually thy report when something goes bad.

Hope you'll dig in creationg cdlc over mac with time :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I have been running Rocksmith on the Mac for a while now and just wondered if you foresee any problems if I upgrade to Mojave ?

I am currently still on Sierra as I never had the balls to upgrade to high Sierra.

Can’t risk not having Rocksmith and the Championship to look forward to every week ;-)

@@Telboy It's up to you either way works. EOF just had been updated to work with High Sierra and maybe Mojave afaik. As for RS, I don't see anyone having problems with running the game. As for the Toolkit if you want to make cdlcs or convert pc to mac, you can grab my port in my signature and install it from there.

Check out my Released, WIP, and
Future CDLCs here(Ubisoft Style):
I)ark_Seph's Customs

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm a new user, today I buy Rocksmith for Mac on steam!

After read this subject and install RSToolkit, no error perfect installation on my Mac (Mojave 10.14.1).

I check a dlc song on internet, it was a  _p.psarc file so I used RS toolkit to convert in a _m.psarc. After that I dropped the file in the Dlc file of Rocksmith. After, I launch Steam to launch Rocksmith, but impossible to find the dlc song that I have previously convert... Could you help me please?

I read that there was RS injector before, but I understand with the last version of the RS patch, we don't need to use it?

I read this : Each time that Rocksmith 2014 is updated you will need to run the patch again.  It is suggested that you store the original zip file in a safe backup location so that you always have it.Do you think I need to relaunch the patch after each new dlc import?

Thanks for your help and sorry for my bad English...

I think I've followed everything correctly but CDLC will still not be recognized.  Took some doing in steam to even show Cherub Rock and other DLC after buying the game on this platform(I have it as well on XBONE but wanted access to CustomsForge so got it on Mac too.)  I've changed Mac Patch files to read and write(all 3), I've done all the installation and placed 2 m.Psarc files in my DLC folder, which I've dragged to desktop for easy access.  I can see the other DLC files in there and they look different than my m.psarc files.  Mine look like a sheet of paper with a folded corner.  Others look like an executable file(black screen with exec in it).  Both read as a "document" but I can see no other discernable difference.  I'm not sure what I'm missing.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Developer

Try this Mac Wine version of toolkit here.  Ez-Pee-Z  Let us know if it works for you.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

I cannot get the tools running on MAC High sierra. First I got the Mono-Version error. I then installed mono again with SIP disabled. Now the error is gone, but when I click the icon it just flickers and then nothing happens. 

I got one CDLC but another (Sweet Child O'Mine) just freezes the game after tuning. 

Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey man! So as for this morning I got into trying to mod my game to work with CDLC.  Well followed all of the instructions from the very beginning all the way through installing the new Rocksmith Tools 1.5.1.3 in order to convert p.psarc files to m.psarc because I use a macbook pro. Well after a handful of tries I still cannot seem to get my CDLC to show up in game. Everything worked smoothly the patch was ran and completed fine, Rocksmith Tools Launcher can convert my files just fine. I have not any clue why they would not be showing up in game. The m.psarc files I have are within the contents of the DLC folder as well. I also did buy Cherub Rock, I have a ton other dlc I have bought for 2014 but figured so it would go smoothly to buy it. I really have no insight into why it would not be working. PLEASE if anybody has any idea or experience with this let me know!

Update!

As of 5 minutes after posting this I got a Korn song to work and display in game, the other songs I am trying to import are limp bizkit songs. I have no idea why they are not showing will update if anything changes.

• 3 weeks later...

I can confirm that CDLCs are not working on mac right now. When i successfully convert my psarc files into the mac format, dump them in the dlc folder and start Rocksmith up through Steam.

I'm able to select the cdlc song, but after I get passed the tuning screen, it just sits there, freezes and eventually crashes...

Not sure how to troubleshoot this..