How to add custom songs on Mac

Wepeel

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

Many thanks to everyone involved for all of the work here. I have been using CDLC on a Win PC for ages but I now have a Mac. I am trying to convert the existing PC files to Mac but I am getting the  message about the Toolkit requiring Mono 2.8 or higher to run.

Looks like this version of the toolkit is now unavailable:

https://www.dropbox....oolkit.zip?dl=0

Is there anywhere else that I can get it, please?

Thanks,

Nick.

EDIT: Oops just seen the post above. How did I not see that? Sorry!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

RS Toolkit:

If You Get A Message About The Toolkit Requiring Mono 2.8 or Higher To Run (Despite Installing Any of the Versions of Mono Above):

Once Mono is installed correctly, use this version of the Toolkit:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ongd4aunfuhid0b/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit.zip?dl=0

This is an older version of the Toolkit, but it will allow you to convert PC customs to Mac, as well as update AppID if needed, and extract tabs.  I have edited the script that launches this version of the Toolkit to ignore the check for which version of Mono is installed.

For some reason this modification does not work on newer versions of the Toolkit.

This file is missing, could you be so kind  as to reupload or edit the link to a working copy please. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2307). I followed the instructions for Sierra....

Managed to run the patch.

Then installed Mono, but the latest version wouldn't instal correctly, so uninstalled following the instructions on their site. Then installed 4.0.4.4, which seemed to instal just fine (ran the mono --version).

Then downloaded the latest version of the toolkit, which insisted I have Mono 2.8 or later, which of course I have....

Ok, so then tried to download the older version which is apparently patched, and ... file not found.

So I'm stuck. Any suggestions? This worked fine on my older Mac, last time I used it, in March I think.

• Like 1

I'm on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2307). I followed the instructions for Sierra....

Managed to run the patch.

Then installed Mono, but the latest version wouldn't instal correctly, so uninstalled following the instructions on their site. Then installed 4.0.4.4, which seemed to instal just fine (ran the mono --version).

Then downloaded the latest version of the toolkit, which insisted I have Mono 2.8 or later, which of course I have....

Ok, so then tried to download the older version which is apparently patched, and ... file not found.

So I'm stuck. Any suggestions? This worked fine on my older Mac, last time I used it, in March I think.

Same here. I was hoping to find a fix... Guess I'll see if someone can convert a few for me from the RS FB group or something...

Please use wined version of cst instead of mono one, I'm sure you could alter launch script to auto-install mono in case it's not there and such but I ain't a mac user nor anyone from dev team, sorry guys, I know there's somewhere working build that won't ask you about mono, but meh, wined version is able to produce working cdlc on your mac, which mono version isn't going to do in near future :)