How to add custom songs on Mac

Wepeel

@@W4Whales
directory /Users/******/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS does not exist

means you should manually install bypass in your rocksmith, go figure out where's your rocksmith install folder where you need to open Rocksmith app and put there bypass.dylib that's it

also make sure you've got cherub rock  or appid fo bought DLC in that m.psarc custom song :)

Thank you for replying. I found the error. I had previously changed the name of my user on the computer but not the home directory. This would have changed the path of the patch. If anyone else runs into this issue DO NOT CHANGE YOUR HOME DIRECTORY. It can mess up your computer. By restarting the computer you change your user and your password will no longer work (since you changed the user). To get the patch to work, you need to change your User's name back to what it originally was and the patch should work.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue as Cashewguy, 

Some CDLC works fine, others don't show up (must add that they did prior to Friday). Im on a Mac running High Sierra (10.13.3)

I've tried following instructions for a different way of converting pc files to mac and then they show up but freeze after tuning.

Any help greatly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Can't really thank you enough...

Now I just need a desert island, guitar, laptop, solar cells, bananas... etc

Just incase anyone had the same issues as have had with RS2014 + Sierra 10.13.04:

Follow ALL of the instructions.

Then if you get to the point of converting the tracks from PC to Mac and find they are not showing up in RS -

Convert them in the download folder before moving them to the DLC folder.

This worked for me!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a mac air and using sierra 10.13.4. I have done all the steps but I'm stuck on step 6 and beyond. I have already downloaded the patch and extracted the file but this is what I keep getting when I double click Rub Patch Rs. Anything know what I should do? I took a screen shot so you can see what I'm talking about. Thank you in advance! 

Screen_Shot_2018_05_14_at_7_46_20_PM.png

I believe I figured it out. I tried deleting the post but I'm not sure how. Sorry!

• 2 weeks later...

/Volumes/MacintoshHDD/nikkogutierrez/Desktop/RUN_PATCH_RS.command ; exit;
Nikkos-MacBook-Pro:~ nikkogutierrez$ /Volumes/MacintoshHDD/nikkogutierrez/Desktop/RUN_PATCH_RS.command ; exit;
cp: directory /Users/nikkogutierrez/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS does not exist
/Users/nikkogutierrez/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014: No such file or directory
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

What is going on here? The directory definitely exists. Is there a way I could just manually perform the tasks of this script? I have everything else working except the ability to play cdlc, it still freezes when I select a song even after running the script. I have mono installed correctly, rstoolkit up and running, game runs fine and plays normal dlc. I am running 10.13.4 but i have been getting this same message since the last major os release with the same result.

edit: I think I know what is stopping it from working. My home folder location is on a different drive than the operating system, so when it goes looking there, that directory is in fact not there. I am going to move some things around and change my home folder to the main disk and see what happens. If anyone has a better solution im open.

@@nikko413 yes you can manually place .dylib file inside rocksmith2014.app folder so you'll be able to play cdlc then script just injects that file into that folder automatically you can help us debug that script for people with real MacPC with couple drives in it, try changing install script to relative paths like ~//Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS it should use your user folder maybe it's something permissions related and you just can't view your .app file?

@@nikko413 yes you can manually place .dylib file inside rocksmith2014.app folder so you'll be able to play cdlc then script just injects that file into that folder automatically you can help us debug that script for people with real MacPC with couple drives in it, try changing install script to relative paths like ~//Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS it should use your user folder maybe it's something permissions related and you just can't view your .app file?

Well ive got some good news, and some good news this time. I got it to work with the cdlc, and I tweaked your script so that I didn't need to mess with my home folder at all. Here's a copy of that.

RS_PATH="/Volumes/MacintoshHDD/$USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS"

cd "`dirname "$0"`"

cp ./libRSBypass.dylib "$RS_PATH/"

./insert_dylib --inplace "$RS_PATH/libRSBypass.dylib" "$RS_PATH/Rocksmith2014"

The "MacintoshHDD" would be the name of the drive the home folder is in.

/Volumes/MacintoshHDD/nikkogutierrez/Desktop/RUN_PATCH_RS.command ; exit;

Nikkos-MacBook-Pro:~ nikkogutierrez$ /Volumes/MacintoshHDD/nikkogutierrez/Desktop/RUN_PATCH_RS.command ; exit;

Added LC_LOAD_DYLIB to /Volumes/MacintoshHDD/nikkogutierrez/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

NOW I GET TO PLAY TOOL AGAIN!!biggrin.png

• 2 weeks later...