How to add custom songs on Mac

Wepeel

• Administrator

Note for all Mac user @I)ark_Seph made a fully working version of the toolkit that shouldn't required to have mono installed and should be more stable (and fully up to date).

Please go check it out and give it a try, the more people are using it the better it can be : http://customsforge.com/topic/39922-rstoolkitwine-has-been-released-on-mac/?do=findComment&comment=262812

• Like 3

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• 1 month later...

Followed the steps, but can't get songs to play passed tuning.  All my songs are m.psarc, I have a legit copy of Rocksmith on Steam, and downloaded the correct package for Mac Os Sierra.  I see a lot of people mentioning the same problem, but no solution.

::edit::  The problem was that my file path is different than what's in the script.  My OS is on an SSD, but my user accounts are on my HDD.  I had to change the script to the following....

RS_PATH="/Volumes/Macintosh HDD/User/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS"
cd "`dirname "$0"`"
cp ./libRSBypass.dylib "$RS_PATH/"
./insert_dylib --inplace "$RS_PATH/libRSBypass.dylib" "$RS_PATH/Rocksmith2014"

• 1 month later...

At first I didn't but now I've followed up on every step.

Now I start Rocksmith and it doesn't go beyond the start screen where you have to hit "ENTER" to get started.

Every time I hit enter I hear a quick sound but nothing happens, I even click on it with no results so I am only left with the force quit option.

I may consider reinstalling the game but I want to see  if anyone here has also experienced that and have an easier solution for it.

Thanks!

• Administrator

@@bullitproof Are you on High Sierra? Cause this version of Mac OS have a keyboard issue with Rocksmith that known and probably a bit more documented on Ubisoft forum than here as it has nothing to do with CDLC.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Okay, post #6 of this page takes care of the High Sierra OS keyboard issue: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1724539-Rocksmith-2014-remastered-doesn-t-run-on-MAC-Os-High-Sierra/page2

Now, I've started fresh and deleted the converted DLC that I already had as none of them currently work (they worked in the past).

I converted one song and added to the folder and it's doing exactly what the others did.

It opens the song and you tune the bass and that's it, the fretboard doesn't come to the screen and the music doesn't start.

That was my main issue before.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance!

• Administrator

@@bullitproof Well it's clearly the patch that doesn't work, it might just be an error in manipulation or simply the fact it was build priori to High Sierra released that could mean it doesn't execute in that version of Mac OS.

Impossible for me to say which option is the most likely here right now.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

@@bullitproof Unless we have people actually giving us information about issue on High Sierra it won't be updated any time soon though...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Last time i ran RS2014 on High Sierra, still works fine. No keyboard issue for me. CDLCs load up perfectly for me. So, idk what the issue is with that. I just only know EOF wont start up on High Sierra anymore since it broke Allegro 4 support. And raynebc doesnt want to update to Allegro 5. But thats off-topic

• Like 1

Check out my Released, WIP, and
Future CDLCs here(Ubisoft Style):
I)ark_Seph's Customs

I have macos sierra and have not been able to download and properly install mono. Do you have to uninstall mono every time before trying again? If so, how do you uninstall mono? I have read the tutorial and tried multiple versions of mono but always when i check in the terminal using mono--version i get "command not found". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I updated to remastered on Mac and have not been able to get DLC's  to appear in the game. To be specific, I see the installed DLC's in the songlist but when I launch a song it doesn't load guitar graphics or the song . I just see the speakers.

When I run the patch, I get the following message that the file does not exist. I'm assuming thats a problem. Any suggestions for this?  Thanks!

Last login: Sat Dec 16 17:15:07 on ttys001

Medos-MacBook-Pro:~ medoeldin$ /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/medoeldin/Desktop/MAC_Patch/RUN_PATCH_RS.command ; exit;

cp: directory /Users/medoeldin/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS does not exist

/Users/medoeldin/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014: No such file or directory

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah that access to path error. Somehow the toolkit is trying to access a non readable/writable directory and it doesn't have permissions to access it. I did find the directory it was leading to. It was a corrupt image file or folder or something like that. I dont use Mac anymore so i cant remember exactly.

I FORGOT TO MENTION. You can open up the toolkit by going into RocksmithCustomSongToolkit.app/Contents/MacOS/ and hitting the terminal command file. It should bypass the path error. I have tried it before

Check out my Released, WIP, and
Future CDLCs here(Ubisoft Style):
I)ark_Seph's Customs

I'm running OS Sierra and have just updated to Rocksmith 2014 Remastered.

First had permissions errors with running the terminal command. I google searched a solution to get the file to execute, which it did, but I get this:

Mac-Muncher:~ apple$ /Users/apple/Downloads/drive-download-20171228T043845Z-001/__RUN_PATCH_RS.command ; exit;

-bash: /Users/apple/Downloads/drive-download-20171228T043845Z-001/__RUN_PATCH_RS.command: cannot execute binary file

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

Deleting expired sessions...none found.

[Process completed]

Is this patch not compatible with Sierra or something? Appreciate any help.

@@AnotherDeadHero I've got it running on sierra so it's not an issue at first place actually can you confirm you've got permissions to run 3rd party apps on your mac and has rights to do so? guess soo well it won' help you can manually put that file in rs remastered app :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone had problems after todays UK update all CDLC are in same file as yesterday when they all worked. After update game runs without them, no emulating message so suspect patch in need of update to cope with update, or it could be I've got to rerun something....?

really annoying as have just finished concreting last of PC files after new iMac a month ago.

Hi,

Mac 10.10.5

I followed all the steps exactly as they were stated but I am still having issues running the cdlc. I downloaded the m.psarc files and put them into my dlc folder. I ran the patch and had no luck getting past the tuning. I never had this problem when I use to use the RSinjector but now that it's not needed none of my songs will get past tuning. Please Help!!

I got a message saying "does not exist" and "cannot execute binary file". What do I do about this? I reinstalled the game and it was downloaded into the default location. When I manually follow the path, I make it to the final destinations so I am unsure why it's saying it does not exist. the contents folder can only be reached by right-clicking the app and pressing show package content, would this be why I am having problems? PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!

These are the full messages I receive when trying to run the patch.

cp: directory /Users/******/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS does not exist

-bash: /Users/********/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014/MAC_Patch/libRSBypass.dylib: cannot execute binary file

logout

[Process completed]