How to add custom songs on Mac

Wepeel

I got this : "The application “RocksmithCustomSongToolkit” can’t be opened. 

Security and Privacy checked . No Toolkit blocked

What are you trying to do?  If you're trying to run the Toolkit rather than CDLC on Rocksmith, you'd be better off asking in the Toolkit thread.  IIRC, you have to have Mono installed to run the Toolkit.

I got this : "The application “RocksmithCustomSongToolkit” can’t be opened. 

Security and Privacy checked . No Toolkit blocked

What are you trying to do?  If you're trying to run the Toolkit rather than CDLC on Rocksmith, you'd be better off asking in the Toolkit thread.  IIRC, you have to have Mono installed to run the Toolkit.

Mono installed , version of Mono checked.  

• 1 month later...

all cdlc is showing in the list but unable to play them, goes to tuning then when the song start playing nothing, guess back to the old rs injector which works for me, just want to try this since remastered features seems cool and it's been a while using the old stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, since there is a lot of conversation and almost impossible to find an answer, why rstoolkit launching and disappearing from dock in second?

Possibly a version that's not working?

I think the last stable Mac release was April 2014... but I may be wrong.

Better to ask here:

http://customsforge.com/forum/56-rocksmith-custom-tool-kit/

• Like 1

Hello, since there is a lot of conversation and almost impossible to find an answer, why rstoolkit launching and disappearing from dock in second?

Possibly a version that's not working?

I think the last stable Mac release was April 2014... but I may be wrong.

Better to ask here:

checked april version, they don't launch at all((( 

I think you need Mono to run the Tool Kit on the Mac.  But it's been so long since I set it up, I've forgotten.  As I say, you're better off asking in the correct place.

Edit:

Instructions for Mono are on the first page:

http://customsforge.com/topic/33889-how-to-add-custom-songs-on-mac/

Hi, I have downloaded the newest RS toolkit as it was giving me the error message about needing a newer version of Mono after I had downloaded the latest one from the website.

After installing and launching I am getting a message "Unhandled Exception Catched". I hit the OK button and then it all closes. Any help to get round this?!

I have bought cherub rock,  downloaded the patch listed for 10.8  and double clicked the "RUN_PATCH_RS.command",  when i download a cdlc that ends in m.psarc i put it in the dlc folder,  downloaded mono 3.10.0 and installed it I checked terminal and entered mono --version and it has installed,  downloaded the toolkit and i am able to convert songs from pc to mac,  but when i enter rocksmith 2014 none of the CDLC's shows up.  any idea on what i can do or if i have missed something?

My CDLC is also not loading. It just comes up with the amps after tuning.

I tried using the patch but had to change the directory in the patch to match where my folder is and I got this message:

Last login: Fri Jun 16 02:05:17 on ttys000

Salvatores-MacBook-Pro:~ Sal$ /Volumes/Sal\'s\ External\ Drive/Downloads/MAC_Patch/RUN_PATCH_RS.command ; exit;

/Volumes/Sal's External Drive/Downloads/MAC_Patch/RUN_PATCH_RS.command: line 4: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'

/Volumes/Sal's External Drive/Downloads/MAC_Patch/RUN_PATCH_RS.command: line 5: syntax error: unexpected end of file

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

Any ideas by anyone would be greatly appreciated

Hi, I have downloaded the newest RS toolkit as it was giving me the error message about needing a newer version of Mono after I had downloaded the latest one from the website.

After installing and launching I am getting a message "Unhandled Exception Catched". I hit the OK button and then it all closes. Any help to get round this?!

I'm getting the same error (Unhandled Exception, System.UnauthorizedAccess to a path in /private/var/folders/<apparently random uuid>), running on macOS Sierra and mono version 5.0.1.1. 

Did you have any luck?

• Like 1

My CDLC is also not loading. It just comes up with the amps after tuning.

I tried using the patch but had to change the directory in the patch to match where my folder is and I got this message:

Last login: Fri Jun 16 02:05:17 on ttys000

Salvatores-MacBook-Pro:~ Sal$ /Volumes/Sal\'s\ External\ Drive/Downloads/MAC_Patch/RUN_PATCH_RS.command ; exit;

/Volumes/Sal's External Drive/Downloads/MAC_Patch/RUN_PATCH_RS.command: line 4: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'

/Volumes/Sal's External Drive/Downloads/MAC_Patch/RUN_PATCH_RS.command: line 5: syntax error: unexpected end of file

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

Any ideas by anyone would be greatly appreciated

what version of (mono,  mac os ex. "Yosemite,Sierra" ) are you using

I'm getting the same error (Unhandled Exception, System.UnauthorizedAccess to a path in /private/var/folders/<apparently random uuid>), running on macOS Sierra and mono version 5.0.1.1. 

Did you have any luck?

Same here. macOS Sierra 10.12.5 (16F73), mono 5.0.1.1.

Actually solved it by accessing the toolkit before clicking OK on the other window.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you have any luck?

Same here. macOS Sierra 10.12.5 (16F73), mono 5.0.1.1.

Actually solved it by accessing the toolkit before clicking OK on the other window.

How did you do that?

When I tried clicking on the Toolkit window nothing happened.

Hi. How could I diagnose an issue with with rocksmith no seeing my cdlc?

I've purchased Rocksmith 2012 The Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock song.

I've put the song in ~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014/dlc/ directory by name Akihiro-Honda_Quiets-Theme_v1_m.psarc

I've installed patch and it shown no errors.

I've ran rocksmith, but don't see this song.

My rocksmith version is Build #364775.

My mac version is 10.12.

Thank you.

---------------

Update.

Got it working too.

Probably need to add to first post that you have to put dynamic libs in rocksmith directory.

Hey Evdorg, 

I've got the same issue as you. The songs don't show it the game... How did you do to make it work?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, thanks for this guide. I just set the toolkit up and got a message about permissions. The solution was to move and open from applications folder, although this should go without saying... an idiot like me might fool for this in the future, so thought I'd just write this quick comment. 

Once again many thanks for the guide.

Darren

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

When I open Toolkit on my Mac I get this message:

"Unhandled Exception catched!"

When I click OK, it then closes the app.

Both Toolkit and Mono have installed properly, so I am not sure what the issue is.

Thanks

yep i had this too, but the answer from DarrenLynch solved it (just in case anyone didn't make the immediate connection). I've been a RS user for years and have spent a fortune on DLCs and until yesterday was  not even aware of this site! I still intend to purchase the DLC which floats my boat, but so buzzed about actually being able to get other content not available - some stuff here i've been requested over the years........ i have a busy weekend ahead!!