How to add custom songs on Mac

Wepeel

• Administrator

@@curryk93 @@ItsHydraYT Did any of you tried to follow the instruction in the first post properly from A to Z? There's no reason it doesn't work for you as it does work for everyone else that properly followed the instructions...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

@@curryk93 so did you try to apply the patch again? If not it's very likely to fix your issue, if yes, we'll need a lot more detail on what is happening and what you did to figure out what is going on. We can't just figure out why it doesn't work for you when we have 0 information.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@firekorn

Yes I tried running the patch again and it didn't change anything. I gave pretty much all the info I have.

It worked yesterday after I followed the instructions exactly. I could play games that were already set up for mac and I could convert other songs to mac and play them. I turned my computer off for the night and now today they don't work. I get through tuning and the amplifiers in the background drop down then the game freezes.

Let me know if there's other info I can provide to help find a solution.

hey guys,

so i bought Rocksmith 2014 edition - remaster and the cherub rock song, followed all instructions, expect of converter stuff, because they're alot of songs for mac. But only the cherub rock is listened in the list. I tried 3 songs but none of them is in the list. ideas?

thanks

edit : put it in the wrong folder, sorry guys :D

• Like 1

@@firekorn so would you suggest that I buy cherub rock? Cause I have been using the converter with the ID of Gonna go far kid

It is only £2.39.  But you can struggle with some other DLC that you've bought, if you like. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all and thank you for the tutorials, I've done everything you have said (for real everything), but I'm still not able to apply the patch and I don't know why, when I try to run it, this is what it says... I'll really appreciate if someone can help me

Last login: Tue Mar 21 06:04:35 on console

MacBook-Pro-de-Ser...:~ Ser...$ /Users/Ser.../Desktop/MAC_Patch/RUN_PATCH_RS.command ; exit;

cp: directory /Users/Ser.../Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS does not exist

/Users/Ser.../Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014: No such file or directory

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

I had exactly the same problem. Seems as if the patch is missing the correct path.

Could it be that your user name is not the same like the name of your user folder?!

If you open the patch with 'Text Edit' you can manually adjust the name of the user folder. Save the corrected patch and run it again. You will see it will work!

Good Luck!

RS_PATH="/Users/Name of user folder/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS"
cd "`dirname "$0"`"
cp ./libRSBypass.dylib "$RS_PATH/"
./insert_dylib --inplace "$RS_PATH/libRSBypass.dylib" "$RS_PATH/Rocksmith2014"

• Like 1

Got it working . Moved dll file to rs root.

Can you elaborate a little more on this. Im in the same situation, dlc shows up fine until I try to play the song and then it tries to load and then  freezes. Ive tried to use the patch above, however this is what happens when I run the script. I'm on sierra.

loads/MAC_Patch/RUN_PATCH_RS.command ; exit;

cp: directory /Users/nikkogutierrez/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS does not exist

/Users/nikkogutierrez/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014: No such file or directory

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

I had exactly the same problem. Seems as if the patch is missing the correct path.

Could it be that your user name is not the same like the name of your user folder?!

If you open the patch with 'Text Edit' you can manually adjust the name of the user folder. Save the corrected patch and run it again. You will see it will work!

Good Luck!

RS_PATH="/Users/Name of user folder/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS"
cd "`dirname "$0"`"
cp ./libRSBypass.dylib "$RS_PATH/"
./insert_dylib --inplace "$RS_PATH/libRSBypass.dylib" "$RS_PATH/Rocksmith2014"

Thank you I noticed my user name and the user folder weren't the same did the change in the user name via preferences and all worked out!! Thank you very much!!

• 2 weeks later...