How to add custom songs on Mac

Wepeel

@@Wepeel - it'd be a good idea to prepend the patch with a shebang telling the script to use bash. Some people don't use bash by default, and the script, when run using other shells, breaks. The full script would look like so:

#!/usr/bin/env bash

RS_PATH="/Users/$USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS"
cd "`dirname "$0"`"
cp ./libRSBypass.dylib "$RS_PATH/"
./insert_dylib --inplace "$RS_PATH/libRSBypass.dylib" "$RS_PATH/Rocksmith2014"

I use fish shell and verified that as modified the script runs properly. I also tested that if bash is the default shell it still runs as intended.

I didn't create the patch.  You should forward the information on to those who did.  @@firekorn would be a good person to contact about it.

Hi everyone, I've followed the steps here http://customsforge.com/topic/33889-how-to-add-custom-songs-on-mac/page-1?do=findComment&comment=81067 install the customs on mac, unfortunately it still doesn't work. The cdlc are placed in the correct folder but still can't see it in the game. I've El Capitan. I ran the batch mentioned, I purchased the Smashing Pumpkin Cherub Rock DLC but still can't get the customs to work, any help would be appreciated. I had this working before on my Windows OS but I can't get it to work on Mac. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

@@amellice, if you can't see them in the game, you either don't have Cherub Rock in your dlc folder (make sure it's the "_m.psarc" version), or you didn't run the patch successfully.

Thanks for your reply. I do have the Cherub Rock DLC installed, I can see it under Steam -> Libeary -> Rocksmith -> DLCs and I can see it actually in the game itself. I'm not sure how I can go wrong in installing the patch, it's just double click right? I opened the command in textpad and I see that it copies the libRSBypass.dylib to the "/Users/$USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS" and I confirmed that this actually happened, what I'm missing here?

@@amellice,

Yeah, that's about it.  And you actually purchased Cherub Rock?  You can't use a pirated version.  I know you said you purchased it, I just want to confirm.

Also, make sure the customs you're trying to use are Mac versions ("_m.psarc").

Yes sir I purchased it yesterday for 1.79$ from Steam, and I've 2 cdlc Echoes_m.psarc and Gary Moore - Still Got The Blues v1.1_m.psarc

Please see this screenshot for the DLCS in Steam

@@amellice,

Did you let the game finish enumerating the song list before entering Learn A Song?  I can confirm, both songs show up in my game and work fine.

You've put them in your dlc folder as well, right?  Not in some other folder?  I'm just trying to think of anything that might be causing them not to show up.

• Like 1

@@amellice,

Did you let the game finish enumerating the song list before entering Learn A Song?  I can confirm, both songs show up in my game and work fine.

You've put them in your dlc folder as well, right?  Not in some other folder?  I'm just trying to think of anything that might be causing them not to show up.

Thank you so much! Placing them under the DLC folder did the trick! Thank you again for your help

Sooo frustrating! I installed the new patcher as per this thread, and rocksmith became unplayable. EVERY song, even the built in ones, would let me tune and would then never start the song.

I downloaded a completely fresh copy of Rocksmith, ran the patch, and everything started working again. 

Reinstall some of my DLCs, all good. Put all of them back, and I get back to the same problem.

So it seems that some dud dlc causes the whole game to stop working. Now I have to disect my collection to find out which one....or ones.

Has anyone else had the problem where you can install mono fine, but when trying to open the toolkit, nothing happens. I've tired different versions of the toolkit and mono, but nothing happens. I've checked that mono is installed correctly and used the version of the toolkit that stops the error message that says you need mono versions 2.8 or higher, but had no luck opening the toolkit.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone else had the problem where you can install mono fine, but when trying to open the toolkit, nothing happens. 

Try running it from the terminal:

/Applications/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit.app/Contents/MacOS/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit 

If the error says something about the app path not being found, then you may have hit this error I reported yesterday: https://github.com/rscustom/rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit/issues/275

Has anyone else had the problem where you can install mono fine, but when trying to open the toolkit, nothing happens. 

Try running it from the terminal:

/Applications/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit.app/Contents/MacOS/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit 

If the error says something about the app path not being found, then you may have hit this error I reported yesterday: https://github.com/rscustom/rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit/issues/275

I've reported that issue too.  For the time being, I modified the terminal script that launches the Toolkit to correct the app path and posted a link to it in the instructions on the first page.

HI,

patching worked well - I have no the metallica songs I want in my library and can access them in RS14.

But well ..... my realTone Cable is not recogniced anyway oO it was running before I patched RS14 - rebooted, repatched ... nothing worked.

has anyone any ideas on this?

Best Regards,

Jan

@@Wepeel

So I'm having a similar problem to Jokester01au with the dud dlc from what I can tell. I downloaded a bunch over the weekend because I didn't have my guitar to construct my library of songs, and now it would appear I've added something that has messed up the game. I was just wondering if there is some easier fix than filtering through the whole library one song at a time?