How to add custom songs on Mac

Wepeel

@@Knubble79's issue is that Mono is not installing correctly for some reason.  @@bamfordjf, have you verified that Mono is installed correctly for you?  There are steps for how to verify it in the instructions.

It's not installing correctly for me either. I'm getting the "command not found" when trying to verify in terminal. Is there an older version of mono I can use on Sierra? 

@@bamfordjf

Try this version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iqw2d2lk5nrjt21/MonoFramework-MDK-4.6.1.macos10.xamarin.universal.pkg?dl=0

It's the one I have installed, and I'm running MacOS Sierra.

You'll have to uninstall Mono first, before installing the new version.  You can find instructions for that here (at the very bottom of the page):

http://www.mono-project.com/docs/about-mono/supported-platforms/osx/

Uninstall Mono, reboot, install v4.6.1 of Mono from the Dropbox link, reboot again, and then use Terminal to verify the installation again.

@@bamfordjf

Try this version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iqw2d2lk5nrjt21/MonoFramework-MDK-4.6.1.macos10.xamarin.universal.pkg?dl=0

It's the one I have installed, and I'm running MacOS Sierra.

You'll have to uninstall Mono first, before installing the new version.  You can find instructions for that here (at the very bottom of the page):

http://www.mono-project.com/docs/about-mono/supported-platforms/osx/

Uninstall Mono, reboot, install v4.6.1 of Mono from the Dropbox link, reboot again, and then use Terminal to verify the installation again.

Followed instructions to uninstall and used the dropbox link you posted to install Mono. Still getting the "command not found" error 

@@bamfordjf, do you have a "usr/local/bin" directory?

You can check by opening Terminal and typing:  cd /usr/local/bin

That's where my Mono is installed, I'm not 100% sure if that's where the new versions are meant to be installed (it's either that or /usr/bin, which you will definitely have but may not have access to install to).  My iMac has been upgraded from Yosemite->El Capitan->MacOS Sierra so I've had to do some modifications in the past to get Mono installed.

I d

@@bamfordjf, do you have a "usr/local/bin" directory?

You can check by opening Terminal and typing:  cd /usr/local/bin

That's where my Mono is installed, I'm not 100% sure if that's where the new versions are meant to be installed (it's either that or /usr/bin, which you will definitely have but may not have access to install to).  My iMac has been upgraded from Yosemite->El Capitan->MacOS Sierra so I've had to do some modifications in the past to get Mono installed.

I don't have a usr/local/bin directory. 

@@bamfordjf,  let's try making the directory and giving you read/write permissions in it.  Then reinstall Mono.  This is what I had to do to get Mono to work on El Capitan, though it was supposed to be fixed in future versions of Mono.

In Terminal type:  sudo mkdir /usr/local/bin  and press enter.  You'll be prompted for your password, enter it and press enter again.

Then type:  sudo chmod 777 /usr/local   and press enter.  This will give you read/write access to the usr/local directory.

Then try reinstalling the version 4.1.6 of Mono (the one from the Dropbox link)

• Like 1

@@bamfordjf,  let's try making the directory and giving you read/write permissions in it.  Then reinstall Mono.  This is what I had to do to get Mono to work on El Capitan, though it was supposed to be fixed in future versions of Mono.

In Terminal type:  sudo mkdir /usr/local/bin  and press enter.  You'll be prompted for your password, enter it and press enter again.

Then type:  sudo chmod 777 /usr/local   and press enter.  This will give you read/write access to the usr/local directory.

Then try reinstalling the version 4.1.6 of Mono (the one from the Dropbox link)

I followed these steps, and now I can see that directory. I reinstalled Mono 4.1.6, but still getting "command not found" when I type "mono --version" in Terminal

I did find Mono listed under library/frameworks/mono.framework though. It shows 4.6.1.

Last login: Tue Nov  8 19:08:05 on ttys000

Charless-MBP:~ chaz$ /Users/chaz/Downloads/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit.app/Contents/MacOS/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit ; exit;

ln: ./RocksmithCustomSongToolkit: File exists

/Users/chaz/Downloads/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit.app/Contents/MacOS/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit: line 35: ./bin/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit: No such file or directory

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

I give up. If it isnt a mac cdlc i just wont have it. lol.

I followed these steps, and now I can see that directory. I reinstalled Mono 4.1.6, but still getting "command not found" when I type "mono --version" in Terminal

I did find Mono listed under library/frameworks/mono.framework though. It shows 4.6.1.

Yeah, something is blocking Mono from installing.  It clearly has access to the library directory, but not the usr/bin directory.

Maybe try one of these older versions of Mono:  https://download.mono-project.com/archive/4.0.4/macos-10-x86/

I did a little looking online and it appears a lot of people with El Capitan had success using v4.0.4

• Like 1

Yeah, something is blocking Mono from installing.  It clearly has access to the library directory, but not the usr/bin directory.

Maybe try one of these older versions of Mono:  https://download.mono-project.com/archive/4.0.4/macos-10-x86/

I did a little looking online and it appears a lot of people with El Capitan had success using v4.0.4

That worked for me. Thanks

Mono doesnt place binary in /usr/local/bin @ default. So if needed it would be more wise to put symbolic link.

If you actually read through that link you posted, you'll see that from El Capitan forward Mono DOES install the binary in /usr/local/bin.  That's why most people have problems.

Anyway, a solution has already been found.  Using v4.0.4 works with no problems.

Hi @@Wepeel

Sorry if I sound like a complete idiot but..... I have downloaded the latest patch for Mac and can see 3 files.

Where do I put them or should they find their own location ? I dragged them onto desktop once unzipped but then what ?

Next I can not get the patch to be an exe file as I have no idea of how to do this, I have read the chmod 755 thing but am unsure how to do it, i.e. Do I type that into text edit then paste the patch on the end, do I do it for all 3 files ?

It will not even open in terminal, I feel like a bloody 3 year old trying to do this......so embarrassing but I am new to macs.

Really need a fix for dummy's

I'm running Sierra at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

@, you don't need the patch file to be an exe.  Mac doesn't use exe files, only Windows does.  Also, I'm not sure where you're getting the "chmod 755" instructions from.  They aren't part of my steps.

Download the patch to your Downloads folder (the default location) and extract it there.  Once extracted, open the folder and right-click on each of the three files and select "Get Info".  This will open a small window with the details for the files.

Looks at the "Sharing & Permissions" section at the very bottom.  Make sure that all users listed there have "Read & Write" under "Privilege".  If they don't , click on the small lock icon in the bottom right and enter your Admin password.  This will allow you to make changes to the privileges.  Click on the Privilege beside each user and select "Read & Write".  Once done, close the window.  Make sure you do this for all 3 files in the patch folder.

Once that's done, make sure Rocksmith and Steam are closed.  Then just double-click on "RUN_PATCH_RS.command" and let it run.  It will open Terminal and execute the patch.

• Like 1

thanks @Wepeel 

i have tried again, i downloaded the files and from the downloads folder in finder i did the get info, and changed all three files to read & write.

so far so good,

dt2ya4aru73sxju6g.jpgafter that i made sure that rocksmith and Steam were closed then double clicked on the RUN_PATCH_RS.command and i get the following,

p7y2db773cc75x06g.jpg

im probably doing something stupid somewhere along the line but very frustrating,

thanks for the help so far.

deleted all files and started again, emptied the recycle bin, closed Steam and rebooted........ still the same 

one strange thing happened though..... when i double clicked the Patch it opened in Pages of all things  lol

i changed that so it opens the terminal no privileges 

i am downloading the right files i hope.......

bhxdt11dwkk9td66g.jpg

i am giving up for the night and i'll have another play tomorrow.

thanks for your help

Are you downloading the patch from the Google Drive link posted in my instructions?

Also, why are you using an online service to extract the zip file?  MacOS should unzip it for you by just double-clicking on it.  If it won't, go to the Mac App Store and download "The Unarchiver" from there.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/the-unarchiver/id425424353?mt=12

• Like 1

@, I'm glad you got it working :)

Yeah, those online extractors are very unreliable.  You should always try and stick with native Mac apps for everything.

Also, I noticed in one of your earlier screenshots that you have 2 copies of "Flashplayer.dmg".  You should delete those, and never run them if they get automatically downloaded.  It's just a bunch of crap.  You should also make sure that you turn off the option to automatically run downloaded files.

You can do that by opening Safari, and then under "Safari" in the menu bar at the top of the screen click on "Preferences".

On the "General" tab, at the very bottom uncheck "Open safe files after downloading".  That will stop anything you download from automatically running after it's finished downloading.

• Like 1

@@Wepeel - it'd be a good idea to prepend the patch with a shebang telling the script to use bash. Some people don't use bash by default, and the script, when run using other shells, breaks. The full script would look like so:

#!/usr/bin/env bash

RS_PATH="/Users/$USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS"
cd "`dirname "$0"`"
cp ./libRSBypass.dylib "$RS_PATH/"
./insert_dylib --inplace "$RS_PATH/libRSBypass.dylib" "$RS_PATH/Rocksmith2014"

I use fish shell and verified that as modified the script runs properly. I also tested that if bash is the default shell it still runs as intended.