RSInjector Not Loading (Just Crashes)

sclaxplayer

Question

System: Mac OSX 10.11.6

Yesterday I was playing CDLC fine through the new version of RSInjector. Today I went to launch it again and it just crashes before anything even loads. I see all my failed launches in Mac's Console.

Here's a small snippet of the error message from Console:

Process:               Rocksmith2014 [32791]
Path:                  /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014
Identifier:            Rocksmith2014
Version:               1.0 (1)
Code Type:             X86 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           Rocksmith2014 [32791]
User ID:               502

Date/Time:             2016-11-02 18:54:51.521 -0700
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.11.6 (15G1108)
Report Version:        11
Anonymous UUID:        DEE35852-C391-C4D8-63CF-86971FF940F7

Time Awake Since Boot: 4200 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000037845fa6
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

VM Regions Near 0x37845fa6:
    MALLOC_SMALL           0000000003800000-0000000004800000 [ 16.0M] rw-/rwx SM=PRV  
--> 
    __TEXT                 000000008fe42000-000000008fe77000 [  212K] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /usr/lib/dyld

Application Specific Information:
/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/./Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   Ubisoft.Rocksmith2014         	0x0000c86e 0x1000 + 47214
1   dyld                          	0x8fe56190 ImageLoaderMachO::doInitialization(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&) + 64
2   dyld                          	0x8fe51e9e ImageLoader::recursiveInitialization(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, unsigned int, ImageLoader::InitializerTimingList&, ImageLoader::UninitedUpwards&) + 296
3   dyld                          	0x8fe51d31 ImageLoader::processInitializers(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, unsigned int, ImageLoader::InitializerTimingList&, ImageLoader::UninitedUpwards&) + 105
4   dyld                          	0x8fe51f91 ImageLoader::runInitializers(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, ImageLoader::InitializerTimingList&) + 79
5   dyld                          	0x8fe43f7f dyld::initializeMainExecutable() + 218
6   dyld                          	0x8fe47c5b dyld::_main(macho_header const*, unsigned long, int, char const**, char const**, char const**, unsigned long*) + 3534
7   dyld                          	0x8fe43231 dyldbootstrap::start(macho_header const*, int, char const**, long, macho_header const*, unsigned long*) + 427
8   dyld                          	0x8fe43047 _dyld_start + 71

Thread 0 crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):
  eax: 0x00000001  ebx: 0x00000000  ecx: 0xbffffc24  edx: 0xbffffc2c
  edi: 0x0000c810  esi: 0xbffffc70  ebp: 0xbfffd7c8  esp: 0xbfffd76c
   ss: 0x00000023  efl: 0x00010246  eip: 0x0000c86e   cs: 0x0000001b
   ds: 0x00000023   es: 0x00000023   fs: 0x00000000   gs: 0x0000000f
  cr2: 0x37845fa6

Logical CPU:     2
Error Code:      0x00000004
Trap Number:     14

Here's what I have tried to do to remedy the situation:

1) Uninstall/Reinstall RSInjector

2) Uninstall/Reinstall Rocksmith through Steam

3) Tried running Rocksmith from the "Application Specific Information" stated above by opening terminal and running "/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/./Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014" but I just got a Segmentation fault:11.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? I'm not sure how I can fix this.

Thanks for any help!

• Like 2

204 answers to this question

@@firekorn, thanks for your help. here's what I did:

...oh, I see what happened.  I copied the m_psarc file to the wrong folder (to ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Rocksmith2014, not to dlc).  once I moved it, it works fine.

One other thing...Steam seems to hang up when I run RS.  if I quit RS, I have to force quit Steam and restart it to start RS again

I'm running 10.9.5 on an iMac. Patch seemed to work fine:

Added LC_LOAD_DYLIB to /Users/MYFOLDER/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014

logout

[Process completed]

Then I got these errors:

(Finder)

You can’t open the application “Rocksmith2014” because it may be damaged or incomplete.

(Steam) 

Failed to start game (unknown error)

Here's a patching system that does what @@Angra1982 do in a more "practical" way for different cases :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1ZKYtpB0vu2WnJWZzdtUkp6SU0

1) Extract anywhere

2) Run the "RUN_PATCH_RS.command"

3) Launch Rocksmith 2014 Remastered via steam (do not use the RSinjector anymore)

4) ???

5) Profit!

Note 1 : You won't have to repatch the app unless there's a new update

Note 2 : RS should be in the standard installation path and Steam too.

Some user might encounter permission issue, here are two way to edit it :

Anyone that have issue with this please indicate :

• MAC OS version
  • Steam path
  • How RS react to CDLC

Side note, if it works for you please indicate your MAC OS version so that we can know which version are correctly supported.

Confirmed so far :

@@Wepeel you might be very interesting in this post ;)

Credits :

Thanks for 0x0L over the github too for tolerating me and creating msot of that script!

https://github.com/rscustom/RSInjector-Mac/

@@Lovroman for the same thing :D

@@Angra1982 that insert_dylib is quite a discovery! Nice work!

Worked great for me.

I'm running macOS Sierra 10.12.1

Finally got around to updating my Rocksmith 2014 to Remastered last night... on 10.7.5 (not 10.6 like I thought after all) and thanks to @firekorn & @missis sumner, I was able to patch my game and it's all working even better than the old version with RSInjector! Couldn't be happier. Now I wish I didn't sit around in fear of the update for the past month. ;) Thanks to all that fixed this.

I'm losing my mind.

A few days ago I ran the patch script and was able to play everything just fine.

Today, I can't get a single song to play.

If I'm online I get broken album art. If I try to play a song with broken album art it Rocksmith crashes completely. If I try to play a song without broken album art I get the empty stage freeze after tuning.

If I turn off my network connection I no longer get broken album art, but I only see about 20% of my songs. If I try playing any songs, custom or original, Rocksmith crashes completely.

I haven't added a single new song since applying the patch. I thought it was possible that Steam updated RS and reran the patcher without any success. To be certain, I had Steam re-download any changed files and ran the patch again. No luck.

It's gotta be my songs, but why would it have worked a few days ago and not today?

And why does going offline drastically reduce the number of songs that show? Prior to Remastered landing I did a ton of network packet sniffing and never saw anything conclusive. I saw the initial exchange of packets between ubisoft and my machine when logging in, but never saw anything after that. My best guess is that some sort of checksum or key is obtained on that first connection that is used for each of the CLDC. If something doesn't match (or it doesn't have that key) it doesn't load the file.

I'm on OSX 10.11.5.

And I'm stumped.

(here's a pic of broken album art: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100876/broken_album_art.png)

I am running windows 7 put the file in the rocksmith folder & everyone of the dlc's i download won't load can anyone help ?

You're on the wrong thread.  This one is Mac specific.

Try here instead:

http://customsforge.com/topic/33138-rocksmith-remastered-cdlc-fix/?p=231225

http://customsforge.com/topic/33365-rocksmith-remastered-discussion-part-2/

• Like 1

I'm losing my mind.

A few days ago I ran the patch script and was able to play everything just fine.

Today, I can't get a single song to play.

If I'm online I get broken album art. If I try to play a song with broken album art it Rocksmith crashes completely. If I try to play a song without broken album art I get the empty stage freeze after tuning.

If I turn off my network connection I no longer get broken album art, but I only see about 20% of my songs. If I try playing any songs, custom or original, Rocksmith crashes completely.

I haven't added a single new song since applying the patch. I thought it was possible that Steam updated RS and reran the patcher without any success. To be certain, I had Steam re-download any changed files and ran the patch again. No luck.

It's gotta be my songs, but why would it have worked a few days ago and not today?

And why does going offline drastically reduce the number of songs that show? Prior to Remastered landing I did a ton of network packet sniffing and never saw anything conclusive. I saw the initial exchange of packets between ubisoft and my machine when logging in, but never saw anything after that. My best guess is that some sort of checksum or key is obtained on that first connection that is used for each of the CLDC. If something doesn't match (or it doesn't have that key) it doesn't load the file.

I'm on OSX 10.11.5.

And I'm stumped.

(here's a pic of broken album art: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100876/broken_album_art.png)

Sounds like you've got a bad custom and/or conflicting songs.  Broken album art is usually the tip-off that you've got songs conflicting with each other.

My recommendation is to start by removing all of your customs and adding them back in small batches (5-10) until you find out which one(s) is causing the problem.

Here's a patching system that does what @@Angra1982 do in a more "practical" way for different cases :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1ZKYtpB0vu2WnJWZzdtUkp6SU0

1) Extract anywhere

2) Run the "RUN_PATCH_RS.command"

3) Launch Rocksmith 2014 Remastered via steam (do not use the RSinjector anymore)

4) ???

5) Profit!

Note 1 : You won't have to repatch the app unless there's a new update

Note 2 : RS should be in the standard installation path and Steam too.

Some user might encounter permission issue, here are two way to edit it :

Anyone that have issue with this please indicate :

• MAC OS version
  • Steam path
  • How RS react to CDLC

Side note, if it works for you please indicate your MAC OS version so that we can know which version are correctly supported.

Confirmed so far :

@@Wepeel you might be very interesting in this post ;)

Credits :

Thanks for 0x0L over the github too for tolerating me and creating msot of that script!

https://github.com/rscustom/RSInjector-Mac/

@@Lovroman for the same thing :D

@@Angra1982 that insert_dylib is quite a discovery! Nice work!

I have tried this but can't get the permissions to let me in either through FInder or the terminal.  I am running Mac 10.12.1.  When I go to "Get Info" under finder for the patch file, I can unlock it using my admin password.  It shows me as having "Read & Write" but when I try to make myself the owner it has it greyed out, meaning I can't select it.  Also, it won't let me open the patch file through terminal because it says I don't have permissions. 

I haven't been able to get any of my CLDC since the remastered version came out.  Any help is appreciated.  

Sounds like you've got a bad custom and/or conflicting songs.  Broken album art is usually the tip-off that you've got songs conflicting with each other.

My recommendation is to start by removing all of your customs and adding them back in small batches (5-10) until you find out which one(s) is causing the problem.

I'll give it a shot. It's gonna take years given how long it takes RS to load and how many songs I have.

Are there any tools that could help quickly determine which file or files are the bad apples? I can dual boot into Ubuntu or Windows 10 if needed.

@@Wepeel I'm getting the same message - when I double click, I get this message:

'The file “RUN_PATCH_RS.command” could not be executed because you do not have appropriate access privileges.'

I've changed my permissions to read and write. However, you've suggested to use The UnArchiver... Hopefully I'm just been stupid but I have no option to extract the MAC_PATCH file with anything but ZIP Extractor even though I have installed The UnArchiver. I'm brand new to Mac btw haha

Any idea?

@@Wepeel with this link https://drive.google...WnJWZzdtUkp6SU0 I'm not able to download the zip file, I'm only able to click 'open with Zip Extractor' which takes me to a Zip Extractor webpage where I can extract the files there but of course not with The UnArchiver. I've tried right clicking everything but no option to 'open with' or 'other' is there.