RSInjector Not Loading (Just Crashes)

sclaxplayer

Question

System: Mac OSX 10.11.6

Yesterday I was playing CDLC fine through the new version of RSInjector. Today I went to launch it again and it just crashes before anything even loads. I see all my failed launches in Mac's Console.

Here's a small snippet of the error message from Console:

Process:               Rocksmith2014 [32791]
Path:                  /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014
Identifier:            Rocksmith2014
Version:               1.0 (1)
Code Type:             X86 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           Rocksmith2014 [32791]
User ID:               502

Date/Time:             2016-11-02 18:54:51.521 -0700
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.11.6 (15G1108)
Report Version:        11
Anonymous UUID:        DEE35852-C391-C4D8-63CF-86971FF940F7

Time Awake Since Boot: 4200 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000037845fa6
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

VM Regions Near 0x37845fa6:
    MALLOC_SMALL           0000000003800000-0000000004800000 [ 16.0M] rw-/rwx SM=PRV  
--> 
    __TEXT                 000000008fe42000-000000008fe77000 [  212K] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /usr/lib/dyld

Application Specific Information:
/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/./Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   Ubisoft.Rocksmith2014         	0x0000c86e 0x1000 + 47214
1   dyld                          	0x8fe56190 ImageLoaderMachO::doInitialization(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&) + 64
2   dyld                          	0x8fe51e9e ImageLoader::recursiveInitialization(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, unsigned int, ImageLoader::InitializerTimingList&, ImageLoader::UninitedUpwards&) + 296
3   dyld                          	0x8fe51d31 ImageLoader::processInitializers(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, unsigned int, ImageLoader::InitializerTimingList&, ImageLoader::UninitedUpwards&) + 105
4   dyld                          	0x8fe51f91 ImageLoader::runInitializers(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, ImageLoader::InitializerTimingList&) + 79
5   dyld                          	0x8fe43f7f dyld::initializeMainExecutable() + 218
6   dyld                          	0x8fe47c5b dyld::_main(macho_header const*, unsigned long, int, char const**, char const**, char const**, unsigned long*) + 3534
7   dyld                          	0x8fe43231 dyldbootstrap::start(macho_header const*, int, char const**, long, macho_header const*, unsigned long*) + 427
8   dyld                          	0x8fe43047 _dyld_start + 71

Thread 0 crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):
  eax: 0x00000001  ebx: 0x00000000  ecx: 0xbffffc24  edx: 0xbffffc2c
  edi: 0x0000c810  esi: 0xbffffc70  ebp: 0xbfffd7c8  esp: 0xbfffd76c
   ss: 0x00000023  efl: 0x00010246  eip: 0x0000c86e   cs: 0x0000001b
   ds: 0x00000023   es: 0x00000023   fs: 0x00000000   gs: 0x0000000f
  cr2: 0x37845fa6

Logical CPU:     2
Error Code:      0x00000004
Trap Number:     14

Here's what I have tried to do to remedy the situation:

1) Uninstall/Reinstall RSInjector

2) Uninstall/Reinstall Rocksmith through Steam

3) Tried running Rocksmith from the "Application Specific Information" stated above by opening terminal and running "/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/./Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014" but I just got a Segmentation fault:11.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? I'm not sure how I can fix this.

Thanks for any help!

• Like 2

204 answers to this question

• Administrator

@@okewlie i've recompile the insert_dylib for older mac OS version that should work for 10.6 and after but i'm waiting on confirmation that it does work before having to update the whole package. @@Lovroman is working on a solution that would likely help you, if you can wait a bit (no idea how much time it will take but don't expect it tomorrow).

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Ha ha!

The Lion is roaring! (Or is he sleeping tonight? ;) )

I've got it working on 10.7.5!  @@firekorn sent me a link to an "older" "insert_dylib" and I've re-set my permissions via Terminal, and it only bloody works! :D

Thank you so much, guys!  You're amazing!

i'm on 10.10.5 and it's not working

its write

/Volumes/Le\ Parrain/Downloads/MAC_Patch/RUN_PATCH_RS.command ; exit;
Mac-Pro-de-Michael:~ michaeltremblay$ /Volumes/Le\ Parrain/Downloads/MAC_Patch/RUN_PATCH_RS.command ; exit;
cp: directory /Users/michaeltremblay/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS does not exist
/Users/michaeltremblay/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014: No such file or directory
logout

[Opération terminée]

• Like 1

its write

Mac-Pro-de-Michael:~ michaeltremblay$ /Volumes/Le\ Parrain/Downloads/MAC_Patch/RUN_PATCH_RS.command ; exit;

cp: directory /Users/michaeltremblay/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS does not exist

/Users/michaeltremblay/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014: No such file or directory

logout

[Opération terminée]

It looks like you have non standard folders/path.  You probably need to open RUN_PATCH_RS with TextEdit, and change the RS_PATH in there to match yours.

• Administrator

@@wagonmike Where is located your Rocksmith folder? If it's not in /Users/michaeltremblay/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/ it won't work and as @@missis sumner said you'll need to change the path in the command file by using the TextEdit

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

its write

logout

[Opération terminée]

It looks like you have non standard folders/path.  You probably need to open RUN_PATCH_RS with TextEdit, and change the RS_PATH in there to match yours.

i have check the path yesterday.... i was pretty sure it's the same.... but ill check back tonight 

thank 

@@treyfoges3, what do you mean it won't give you access?

Are you getting a permission denied error?  If so, you need to change the permissions on all three files that are in the zip folder.

Right-click on each, and select "Get Info".  Then click the little lock icon on the bottom right corner and enter your Admin password.  Make sure all 3 users in the list under "Sharing & Permissions" have Read/Write privileges.

Also, just in case, make sure that Rocksmith isn't running while you're trying to apply the patch.

• Like 1

Many thanks Firekorn/weepel.  Your (and your colleagues) efforts are much appreciated :-)

I'm on 10.12.1 btw

Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster; Epiphone Nighthawk Custom; Westone Concord 1: Italia Mondial Classic;

Epiphone J Mascis Jazzmaster; Chapman ML2 Classic Gold-top

Anyone tried adding new songs after applying this patch?  I am able to run RS and can use songs I downloaded previously, but I downloaded a new song last night that doesn't appear in the game.  is anyone else having this issue?  

is there anything I can do?  would re-running the patch help?

Thanks so much for your help.