RSInjector Not Loading (Just Crashes)

sclaxplayer

Question

System: Mac OSX 10.11.6

Yesterday I was playing CDLC fine through the new version of RSInjector. Today I went to launch it again and it just crashes before anything even loads. I see all my failed launches in Mac's Console.

Here's a small snippet of the error message from Console:

Process:               Rocksmith2014 [32791]
Path:                  /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014
Identifier:            Rocksmith2014
Version:               1.0 (1)
Code Type:             X86 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           Rocksmith2014 [32791]
User ID:               502

Date/Time:             2016-11-02 18:54:51.521 -0700
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.11.6 (15G1108)
Report Version:        11
Anonymous UUID:        DEE35852-C391-C4D8-63CF-86971FF940F7

Time Awake Since Boot: 4200 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000037845fa6
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

VM Regions Near 0x37845fa6:
    MALLOC_SMALL           0000000003800000-0000000004800000 [ 16.0M] rw-/rwx SM=PRV  
--> 
    __TEXT                 000000008fe42000-000000008fe77000 [  212K] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /usr/lib/dyld

Application Specific Information:
/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/./Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   Ubisoft.Rocksmith2014         	0x0000c86e 0x1000 + 47214
1   dyld                          	0x8fe56190 ImageLoaderMachO::doInitialization(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&) + 64
2   dyld                          	0x8fe51e9e ImageLoader::recursiveInitialization(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, unsigned int, ImageLoader::InitializerTimingList&, ImageLoader::UninitedUpwards&) + 296
3   dyld                          	0x8fe51d31 ImageLoader::processInitializers(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, unsigned int, ImageLoader::InitializerTimingList&, ImageLoader::UninitedUpwards&) + 105
4   dyld                          	0x8fe51f91 ImageLoader::runInitializers(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, ImageLoader::InitializerTimingList&) + 79
5   dyld                          	0x8fe43f7f dyld::initializeMainExecutable() + 218
6   dyld                          	0x8fe47c5b dyld::_main(macho_header const*, unsigned long, int, char const**, char const**, char const**, unsigned long*) + 3534
7   dyld                          	0x8fe43231 dyldbootstrap::start(macho_header const*, int, char const**, long, macho_header const*, unsigned long*) + 427
8   dyld                          	0x8fe43047 _dyld_start + 71

Thread 0 crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):
  eax: 0x00000001  ebx: 0x00000000  ecx: 0xbffffc24  edx: 0xbffffc2c
  edi: 0x0000c810  esi: 0xbffffc70  ebp: 0xbfffd7c8  esp: 0xbfffd76c
   ss: 0x00000023  efl: 0x00010246  eip: 0x0000c86e   cs: 0x0000001b
   ds: 0x00000023   es: 0x00000023   fs: 0x00000000   gs: 0x0000000f
  cr2: 0x37845fa6

Logical CPU:     2
Error Code:      0x00000004
Trap Number:     14

Here's what I have tried to do to remedy the situation:

1) Uninstall/Reinstall RSInjector

2) Uninstall/Reinstall Rocksmith through Steam

3) Tried running Rocksmith from the "Application Specific Information" stated above by opening terminal and running "/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/./Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014" but I just got a Segmentation fault:11.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? I'm not sure how I can fix this.

Thanks for any help!

• Like 2

For some reason, with the Rocksmith.app.old changed to Rocksmith.old, opening with latest injector, and I believe I've changed the permissions, but I still get the same error "Rocksmith2014 cannot be opened because of a problem."

Here is a list of my files in the Rocksmith2014 folder with their respective permissions

bFEHsT3b.png

I've find a temporary solution , so please any mac user with troubles, read this post: 

http://customsforge.com/topic/33845-found-a-solution-provissional-but-works-to-the-macs-rsinjector-crash/

If they don't have time machine running, you can find the app here: 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uvm9ws9x833rj8q/AACFsCC7z8kdZu7tf12TQUP2a?dl=0

So we can continue playing since a definitive solution is found

Please notice this is the remastered rocksmith app so you will need tha last RS Injector

Angra1982's solution does work for me to an extent.

Rocksmith can be launched, but I can't use my customs (I never could on Mac, mind you, I'm just starting out in this regard (tho it seems unlikely it would work as we were supposed to change the mechanism of the RsBypass to work with the updated app if I'm right..))

When launching from steam if the error dialog comes up, click "Report..." and if you can find the following "Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x1] Library missing" you can fix that by simply copying the RsBypass.dylib next to the Rocksmith.app (/Users/<username>/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014) (Go -> Go to Folder...).

I've uploaded my build of RsBypass.dylib here (30 days only): https://ufile.io/8c519

If someone could check if the customs and DLCs work with this pls reply, thanks!

• Like 2

Hi guys, I found a solution!!!

the Steam update modified the rocksmith app to run only by running steam (open steam://run/221680). If you try to launch directly from Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app will get a crash report. Only works from Steam or from your Applications (open steam://run/221680).

RSInjector works launching Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app with an environment variable DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES to insert RSBypass.dylib. Beacuse the app can´t be launched from Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app directly, then RSInjector will fail. 

I patched my Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app to insert the RSBypass.dylib directly to the Rocksmith2014.app. So, now I just run steam and play rocksmith from steam without RSInjector and works with DLCs.

I download RSInjector code, compiled  RSBypass.dylib with xcode using i386 architecture, this is important because Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app is i386 architecture. 
I download insert_dylib app from https://github.com/Tyilo/insert_dylib, compiled with xcode. Run insert_dylib RSBypass.dylib Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Content/MacOS/Rocksmith2014 Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Content/MacOS/Rocksmith2014new. then rename the Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Content/MacOS/Rocksmith2014new to Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Content/MacOS/Rocksmith2014
then I run Rocksmith from steam without RSInjector and works with DLC because the executable is already patched. 

Beacuse I know that you may not have xcode I uploaded my patched version, So follow the steps:

1) open finder and go to your Steam folder, Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/
2) rename Rocksmith2014.app to Rocksmith2014.app.old
4) unzip and copy my Rocksmith2014.app to Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/
you should have two Rocksmith2014 (my Rocksmith2014.app and Rocksmith2014.app.old)
5) double click over Rocksmith2014.app it will alert that it was download from internet bla bla bla, just click open. Then it will crash (because was not lauched by steam), just ignore. 
6) Open Steam, clink on "play Rocksmith2014"
7) enjoy your DLCs :)

You my also remove the quarantine atribute from Rocksmith2014.app. It should removed with the alert message that said that it was download from internet, but if not you can remove the attribute with:
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app

Note I always use Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/, You shoud look your Steam app folder where steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014 is in there. 

If Steam update Rocksmith again we will need to do the insert_dylib again. 

This is not working for me.  I believe it's because I'm on OSX 10.7.5. :(

I've find a temporary solution , so please any mac user with troubles, read this post: 

http://customsforge.com/topic/33845-found-a-solution-provissional-but-works-to-the-macs-rsinjector-crash/

If they don't have time machine running, you can find the app here: 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uvm9ws9x833rj8q/AACFsCC7z8kdZu7tf12TQUP2a?dl=0

So we can continue playing since a definitive solution is found

Please notice this is the remastered rocksmith app so you will need tha last RS Injector

I'm not running Time Machine. :(

I've downloaded the files on your link, but there's no app there?  Sorry for being stupid, but I'm just getting files and directories within a Rocksmith2014 folder…  There's no file with a .app extension?

Angra1982's solution does work for me to an extent.

Rocksmith can be launched, but I can't use my customs (I never could on Mac, mind you, I'm just starting out in this regard (tho it seems unlikely it would work as we were supposed to change the mechanism of the RsBypass to work with the updated app if I'm right..))

When launching from steam if the error dialog comes up, click "Report..." and if you can find the following "Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x1] Library missing" you can fix that by simply copying the RsBypass.dylib next to the Rocksmith.app (/Users/<username>/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014) (Go -> Go to Folder...).

I've uploaded my build of RsBypass.dylib here (30 days only): https://ufile.io/8c519

If someone could check if the customs and DLCs work with this pls reply, thanks!

It worked! I put the RSBypass.dylib inside the same folder as my Rocksmith2014.app. I opened steam, I clicked on the "Play" button for Rocksmith 2014!

Thanks again :DDDD

• Like 1

Hi! Thanks. I forgot permission change after extract zip file. I notice some important info by reading your posts. 

first at all, permission 755 is very important. 

I don´t really know if the RSBypass.dylib must be on your system, I think should not be necessary because it´s  inserted inside the patched executable but anyway, Here is my RSBypass.dylib https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By6BGVp__jafdTBaZWYtOUZHRFk

My files was compile with OSX 10.11.6 SDK, so I think older osx versions will not work. Unless you download RSInjector code and compile by your own with xcode and your current osx SDK (remember must be i386 architecture). Also the same with insert_dylib. 

That should be important for guys with older OSX version, like @missis summer. 

@@firekorn, excellent practical way! I loved!

• Like 1

Hi Angra1982 !! First of all thanks for the work.

I've tried your solution but is not working, I get the next log after run the RUN_PATCH_RS.command file:

My mac version is Sierra 10.12.1

Hope this will help .

cp: directory /Users/ImacDani/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS does not exist

/Users/ImacDani/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014: No such file or directory

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

Hi Angra1982 !! First of all thanks for the work.

I've tried your solution but is not working, I get the next log after run the RUN_PATCH_RS.command file:

My mac version is Sierra 10.12.1

Hope this will help .

cp: directory /Users/ImacDani/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS does not exist

/Users/ImacDani/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014: No such file or directory

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

your RS patch is not on the default location. 

search on your system where is located the steamapps folder. then go to common/Rocksmith2014/.

copy the full path and then edit the RUN_PATCH_RS.command with textedit. Replace the line "RS_PATH="/Users/$USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS" with your correct path.

you should change the first part of the path. Then run the RUN_PATCH_RS.command again. should work. 

• Like 2

I'm running 10.11.6 I can't get passed the permission issues. Neither the terminal window or changing anything in the "get info" section of the file works 

I have the file in the rocksmith2014 app like you suggest but I continue to receive "no such file or directory" when I type it into terminal. I'm typing chmod u+x /users/craigdengate/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/RUN_PATCH_RS.command

Note - I'm a complete novice when it comes to this, so the u+x thing, I've also tried craigdengate+execute, u+execute, craigdengate+x and as many varying ways as I can think of! LOL 

• Administrator

@@CraigDengate You can put the content of the archive anywhere, it doesn't matter at all if it's RS folder or not.

As for the permission issue, if the terminal indicate that there's "no such file or directory" is that you are likely typing the whole path wrong which is why i would suggest to put the content of the archive in a simpler path that will avoid any mistake in the file path. Note that this "chmod u+x" is indeed the correct command nothing else should be needed.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I'm running 10.11.6 I can't get passed the permission issues. Neither the terminal window or changing anything in the "get info" section of the file works 

I have the file in the rocksmith2014 app like you suggest but I continue to receive "no such file or directory" when I type it into terminal. I'm typing chmod u+x /users/craigdengate/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/RUN_PATCH_RS.command

Note - I'm a complete novice when it comes to this, so the u+x thing, I've also tried craigdengate+execute, u+execute, craigdengate+x and as many varying ways as I can think of! LOL 

locate your RUN_PATCH_RS.command, after unzip, it should be on Downloads\MAC_Patch. Open a terminal, go to that patch with cd Downloads\MAC_Patch. type ls to show files on the current directory, RUN_PATCH_RS.command must be in there.  

type:

chmod 755 RUN_PATCH_RS.command

and then type:

./RUN_PATCH_RS.commmand

another way instead of change permission is run bash with: 

sh RUN_PATCH_RS.command

It Works!!!!!! I just run the program following the provided instructions  and success!!!!!!

I just play one song but I assume that the rest will work to.

My system:

- Macbook pro mid 2014

- Sierra 10.12.1

- Language Spanish

- Rocksmith 2014 remastered (Steam)

Thanks all for the great job!!!!

(If any one need something I will be playing rocksmith please don't disturb!!!!)

• Like 1

locate your RUN_PATCH_RS.command, after unzip, it should be on Downloads\MAC_Patch. Open a terminal, go to that patch with cd Downloads\MAC_Patch. type ls to show files on the current directory, RUN_PATCH_RS.command must be in there.  

type:

chmod 755 RUN_PATCH_RS.command

and then type:

./RUN_PATCH_RS.commmand

another way instead of change permission is run bash with: 

sh RUN_PATCH_RS.command

THAT'S IT !!!

Thanks I solved the path problem but Steam didn't let me to launch the game.

Following this steps works perfectly, No RSInjector, nothing!!

Thanks again   :D   :D

• Like 1

I had a go at everything you guys have suggested. Nothing seems to want to work. I could just be doing it wrong, but I honestly have no idea! I'm a tradie! LOL

Last login: Mon Nov  7 06:52:17 on ttys000

Craigs-MBP:~ craigdengate$ ls downloads

RUN_PATCH_RS.command insert_dylib libRSBypass.dylib

Craigs-MBP:~ craigdengate$ chmod u+x /downloads/RUN_PATCH_RS.command

chmod: /downloads/RUN_PATCH_RS.command: No such file or directory

Craigs-MBP:~ craigdengate$ chmod 755 RUN_PATCH_RS.command

chmod: RUN_PATCH_RS.command: No such file or directory

Craigs-MBP:~ craigdengate$ ./RUN_PATCH_RS.command

-bash: ./RUN_PATCH_RS.command: No such file or directory

Craigs-MBP:~ craigdengate$ sh RUN_PATCH_RS.command

sh: RUN_PATCH_RS.command: No such file or directory

Craigs-MBP:~ craigdengate$ 

I had a go at everything you guys have suggested. Nothing seems to want to work. I could just be doing it wrong, but I honestly have no idea! I'm a tradie! LOL

Last login: Mon Nov  7 06:52:17 on ttys000

Craigs-MBP:~ craigdengate$ ls downloads

RUN_PATCH_RS.command insert_dylib libRSBypass.dylib

Craigs-MBP:~ craigdengate$ chmod u+x /downloads/RUN_PATCH_RS.command

chmod: /downloads/RUN_PATCH_RS.command: No such file or directory

Craigs-MBP:~ craigdengate$ chmod 755 RUN_PATCH_RS.command

chmod: RUN_PATCH_RS.command: No such file or directory

Craigs-MBP:~ craigdengate$ ./RUN_PATCH_RS.command

-bash: ./RUN_PATCH_RS.command: No such file or directory

Craigs-MBP:~ craigdengate$ sh RUN_PATCH_RS.command

sh: RUN_PATCH_RS.command: No such file or directory

Craigs-MBP:~ craigdengate$