RSInjector Not Loading (Just Crashes)

sclaxplayer

Question

System: Mac OSX 10.11.6

Yesterday I was playing CDLC fine through the new version of RSInjector. Today I went to launch it again and it just crashes before anything even loads. I see all my failed launches in Mac's Console.

Here's a small snippet of the error message from Console:

Process:               Rocksmith2014 [32791]
Path:                  /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014
Identifier:            Rocksmith2014
Version:               1.0 (1)
Code Type:             X86 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           Rocksmith2014 [32791]
User ID:               502

Date/Time:             2016-11-02 18:54:51.521 -0700
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.11.6 (15G1108)
Report Version:        11
Anonymous UUID:        DEE35852-C391-C4D8-63CF-86971FF940F7

Time Awake Since Boot: 4200 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000037845fa6
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

VM Regions Near 0x37845fa6:
    MALLOC_SMALL           0000000003800000-0000000004800000 [ 16.0M] rw-/rwx SM=PRV  
--> 
    __TEXT                 000000008fe42000-000000008fe77000 [  212K] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /usr/lib/dyld

Application Specific Information:
/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/./Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   Ubisoft.Rocksmith2014         	0x0000c86e 0x1000 + 47214
1   dyld                          	0x8fe56190 ImageLoaderMachO::doInitialization(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&) + 64
2   dyld                          	0x8fe51e9e ImageLoader::recursiveInitialization(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, unsigned int, ImageLoader::InitializerTimingList&, ImageLoader::UninitedUpwards&) + 296
3   dyld                          	0x8fe51d31 ImageLoader::processInitializers(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, unsigned int, ImageLoader::InitializerTimingList&, ImageLoader::UninitedUpwards&) + 105
4   dyld                          	0x8fe51f91 ImageLoader::runInitializers(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, ImageLoader::InitializerTimingList&) + 79
5   dyld                          	0x8fe43f7f dyld::initializeMainExecutable() + 218
6   dyld                          	0x8fe47c5b dyld::_main(macho_header const*, unsigned long, int, char const**, char const**, char const**, unsigned long*) + 3534
7   dyld                          	0x8fe43231 dyldbootstrap::start(macho_header const*, int, char const**, long, macho_header const*, unsigned long*) + 427
8   dyld                          	0x8fe43047 _dyld_start + 71

Thread 0 crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):
  eax: 0x00000001  ebx: 0x00000000  ecx: 0xbffffc24  edx: 0xbffffc2c
  edi: 0x0000c810  esi: 0xbffffc70  ebp: 0xbfffd7c8  esp: 0xbfffd76c
   ss: 0x00000023  efl: 0x00010246  eip: 0x0000c86e   cs: 0x0000001b
   ds: 0x00000023   es: 0x00000023   fs: 0x00000000   gs: 0x0000000f
  cr2: 0x37845fa6

Logical CPU:     2
Error Code:      0x00000004
Trap Number:     14

Here's what I have tried to do to remedy the situation:

1) Uninstall/Reinstall RSInjector

2) Uninstall/Reinstall Rocksmith through Steam

3) Tried running Rocksmith from the "Application Specific Information" stated above by opening terminal and running "/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/./Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014" but I just got a Segmentation fault:11.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? I'm not sure how I can fix this.

Thanks for any help!

• Like 2

• Administrator

@@jack_straw It's the Hint constant line 18 : https://github.com/rscustom/RSInjector-Mac/commit/3396f76fcd96be836936eba48d94058a87d95f5c that should be altered but we don't know to what it should be changed yet.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

you'd better find it in new exec at same place, in first topic about that was exact instructions stack(don't have the link, asking mod to help find it :$), current offset search range cover that old location plus huge block above

so idk how but exception thrown at 888 mb block of ram
plus code "EXC_BAD_ACCESS type of code which relates to accessing deallocated memory"

also log says it has stopped at offset 0x0000c86e, can you check that address to find anything useful and also try to find desired bytes in new exe... you may need longer bytecode to make it more unique if it's traps too early or else, maybe it take a bit longer to allocate memory so it simply can't find this address? I've got similar issues ,maybe wait a bit (5000 ms would be good)

I have no mac to help, sorry, bug one of the rsinjector OP :)

I've been playing yesterday with the remastered version, with the last RS Injector, no problems, but steam took a lot today to update (and did'nt let me open it without uptade) Today, same issue as other mates, RSInjector crashes, and if i try to open a DCLC with unmodified Rocksmith, it allow me open, but just not play. Something has changed in steam, sure

I didn't understand your workaround, can you share a tutorial with images/video, or the rocksmith version that works with rsinjector?

I didn't understand your workaround, can you share a tutorial with images/video, or the rocksmith version that works with rsinjector?

As I've posted on November 3rd, you can have a working version of rocksmith looking on time machine november 2nd. Simply restore this version, and all will be ok 

BTW, even if I've sent it on private message and any other has posted it, this is a link to this last working version: 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uvm9ws9x833rj8q/AACFsCC7z8kdZu7tf12TQUP2a?dl=0

HI to everyone!

For me everything failed. i only have an old rocksmithapp version (Okt.2.) the version in the post seems not to work on my mac. 

i also have troubles in the past since the Remastered update released. I help my self with Cherub deinstall, start the rsinjectorapp and install the Cherub rock file again. This seems to work more bad than good. But sometimes i was lucky. But now the RSINJECTOR APP doesn´t work anymore. I´ve tried all tricks from this post........ nothing works. Ithink the Update ruin again the chance to play custom cdlc´s. 

So far i hope somebody can fix this, and i will be sooooooo thankfull for the guys who do ther best for keeping this running. 

I hope there are more players with this problem, because i don´t want to stay allone with the solutionsolfinding.........

Once again thx to alll who can eventually help......

• Administrator

@@Maotze There is a lot of MAC user and trust me when i say we are searching for the solution but it's a bit harder than expected especially when the dev that work on it after the Remastered update are unresponsive (so far).

We are doing our best and we're sorry it takes that much time. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy Rocksmith with the on disc song and some DLC, you can probably find a few songs to play too ;)

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

As I've posted on November 3rd, you can have a working version of rocksmith looking on time machine november 2nd. Simply restore this version, and all will be ok

BTW, even if I've sent it on private message and any other has posted it, this is a link to this last working version:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uvm9ws9x833rj8q/AACFsCC7z8kdZu7tf12TQUP2a?dl=0

Tnx Pilo, I did work rsinjector again copying the app in steam rocksmith folder, changing permissions with chmod 755 and keeping opened steam to avoid update, I executed rsinjector successfully

My read of this is that there isn't a real solution at the moment aside from loading from Time Machine (which I don't have due to a separate problem) - there hasn't been any other progress, right?

No, apparently the developer for the Mac version of the Injector has been unresponsive. Sucks, but I'm in the same boat as you for now, no time machine for me either. Like someone else said in this thread, I wish I knew a bit more about coding and could help solve the issue but alas. Shits way too complex for me to begin to understand with front end coding knowledge. 

Hi guys, I found a solution!!!

the Steam update modified the rocksmith app to run only by running steam (open steam://run/221680). If you try to launch directly from Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app will get a crash report. Only works from Steam or from your Applications (open steam://run/221680).

RSInjector works launching Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app with an environment variable DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES to insert RSBypass.dylib. Beacuse the app can´t be launched from Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app directly, then RSInjector will fail. 

I patched my Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app to insert the RSBypass.dylib directly to the Rocksmith2014.app. So, now I just run steam and play rocksmith from steam without RSInjector and works with DLCs.

I download RSInjector code, compiled  RSBypass.dylib with xcode using i386 architecture, this is important because Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app is i386 architecture. 

I download insert_dylib app from https://github.com/Tyilo/insert_dylib, compiled with xcode. Run insert_dylib RSBypass.dylib Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Content/MacOS/Rocksmith2014 Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Content/MacOS/Rocksmith2014new. then rename the Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Content/MacOS/Rocksmith2014new to Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Content/MacOS/Rocksmith2014

then I run Rocksmith from steam without RSInjector and works with DLC because the executable is already patched. 

Beacuse I know that you may not have xcode I uploaded my patched version, So follow the steps:

1) open finder and go to your Steam folder, Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/

2) rename Rocksmith2014.app to Rocksmith2014.app.old

4) unzip and copy my Rocksmith2014.app to Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/

you should have two Rocksmith2014 (my Rocksmith2014.app and Rocksmith2014.app.old)

5) double click over Rocksmith2014.app it will alert that it was download from internet bla bla bla, just click open. Then it will crash (because was not lauched by steam), just ignore. 

6) Open Steam, clink on "play Rocksmith2014"

7) enjoy your DLCs :)

You my also remove the quarantine atribute from Rocksmith2014.app. It should removed with the alert message that said that it was download from internet, but if not you can remove the attribute with:

xattr -d com.apple.quarantine Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app

Note I always use Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/, You shoud look your Steam app folder where steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014 is in there. 

If Steam update Rocksmith again we will need to do the insert_dylib again. 

• Like 8

the Steam update modified the rocksmith app to run only by running steam (open steam://run/221680). If you try to launch directly from Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app will get a crash report. Only works from Steam or from your Applications (open steam://run/221680).

RSInjector works launching Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app with an environment variable DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES to insert RSBypass.dylib. Beacuse the app can´t be launched from Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app directly, then RSInjector will fail. 

I patched my Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app to insert the RSBypass.dylib directly to the Rocksmith2014.app. So, now I just run steam and play rocksmith from steam without RSInjector and works with DLCs.

I download RSInjector code, compiled  RSBypass.dylib with xcode using i386 architecture, this is important because Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app is i386 architecture. 
I download insert_dylib app from https://github.com/Tyilo/insert_dylib, compiled with xcode. Run insert_dylib RSBypass.dylib Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Content/MacOS/Rocksmith2014 Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Content/MacOS/Rocksmith2014new. then rename the Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Content/MacOS/Rocksmith2014new to Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app/Content/MacOS/Rocksmith2014
then I run Rocksmith from steam without RSInjector and works with DLC because the executable is already patched. 

Beacuse I know that you may not have xcode I uploaded my patched version, So follow the steps:

1) open finder and go to your Steam folder, Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/
you should have two Rocksmith2014 (my Rocksmith2014.app and Rocksmith2014.app.old)
5) double click over Rocksmith2014.app it will alert that it was download from internet bla bla bla, just click open. Then it will crash (because was not lauched by steam), just ignore. 

You my also remove the quarantine atribute from Rocksmith2014.app. It should removed with the alert message that said that it was download from internet, but if not you can remove the attribute with:
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/Rocksmith2014.app

Note I always use Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/, You shoud look your Steam app folder where steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014 is in there. 

Okay, so I did what you said (Changed the name of the original Rocksmith.app inside my steam folder to Rocksmith.app.old, downloaded your Rocksmith.app and placed it inside the same folder, tried to open your Rocksmith.app in the same folder, it crashed like you said so I ignored it, opened up the Steam app and click "Play" Rocksmith). When I click "Play" I get this message

pJLCVdJQ.png

When I Ignore the dialogue and click Play again, I get this

fPfvHhOv.png

This is what my folder Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/ looks like

KMKlY9Ya.png

Am I doing something wrong here?

Okay, so I did what you said (Changed the name of the original Rocksmith.app inside my steam folder to Rocksmith.app.old, downloaded your Rocksmith.app and placed it inside the same folder, tried to open your Rocksmith.app in the same folder, it crashed like you said so I ignored it, opened up the Steam app and click "Play" Rocksmith). When I click "Play" I get this message

pJLCVdJQ.png

When I Ignore the dialogue and click Play again, I get this

fPfvHhOv.png

This is what my folder Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/ looks like

KMKlY9Ya.png

Am I doing something wrong here?

You need just to change permissions to the copied Rocksmith2014.app from terminal with: chmod -R 755 Rocksmith2014.app

Regards

This worked! However I still had to use the most recent Injector to launch the game instead of thru Steam, otherwise customs would just hang as usual. Thank you so much Angra!

• Like 1