RSInjector Not Loading (Just Crashes)

sclaxplayer

Question

System: Mac OSX 10.11.6

Yesterday I was playing CDLC fine through the new version of RSInjector. Today I went to launch it again and it just crashes before anything even loads. I see all my failed launches in Mac's Console.

Here's a small snippet of the error message from Console:

Process:               Rocksmith2014 [32791]
Path:                  /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014
Identifier:            Rocksmith2014
Version:               1.0 (1)
Code Type:             X86 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           Rocksmith2014 [32791]
User ID:               502

Date/Time:             2016-11-02 18:54:51.521 -0700
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.11.6 (15G1108)
Report Version:        11
Anonymous UUID:        DEE35852-C391-C4D8-63CF-86971FF940F7

Time Awake Since Boot: 4200 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000037845fa6
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

VM Regions Near 0x37845fa6:
    MALLOC_SMALL           0000000003800000-0000000004800000 [ 16.0M] rw-/rwx SM=PRV  
--> 
    __TEXT                 000000008fe42000-000000008fe77000 [  212K] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /usr/lib/dyld

Application Specific Information:
/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/./Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   Ubisoft.Rocksmith2014         	0x0000c86e 0x1000 + 47214
1   dyld                          	0x8fe56190 ImageLoaderMachO::doInitialization(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&) + 64
2   dyld                          	0x8fe51e9e ImageLoader::recursiveInitialization(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, unsigned int, ImageLoader::InitializerTimingList&, ImageLoader::UninitedUpwards&) + 296
3   dyld                          	0x8fe51d31 ImageLoader::processInitializers(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, unsigned int, ImageLoader::InitializerTimingList&, ImageLoader::UninitedUpwards&) + 105
4   dyld                          	0x8fe51f91 ImageLoader::runInitializers(ImageLoader::LinkContext const&, ImageLoader::InitializerTimingList&) + 79
5   dyld                          	0x8fe43f7f dyld::initializeMainExecutable() + 218
6   dyld                          	0x8fe47c5b dyld::_main(macho_header const*, unsigned long, int, char const**, char const**, char const**, unsigned long*) + 3534
7   dyld                          	0x8fe43231 dyldbootstrap::start(macho_header const*, int, char const**, long, macho_header const*, unsigned long*) + 427
8   dyld                          	0x8fe43047 _dyld_start + 71

Thread 0 crashed with X86 Thread State (32-bit):
  eax: 0x00000001  ebx: 0x00000000  ecx: 0xbffffc24  edx: 0xbffffc2c
  edi: 0x0000c810  esi: 0xbffffc70  ebp: 0xbfffd7c8  esp: 0xbfffd76c
   ss: 0x00000023  efl: 0x00010246  eip: 0x0000c86e   cs: 0x0000001b
   ds: 0x00000023   es: 0x00000023   fs: 0x00000000   gs: 0x0000000f
  cr2: 0x37845fa6

Logical CPU:     2
Error Code:      0x00000004
Trap Number:     14

Here's what I have tried to do to remedy the situation:

1) Uninstall/Reinstall RSInjector

2) Uninstall/Reinstall Rocksmith through Steam

3) Tried running Rocksmith from the "Application Specific Information" stated above by opening terminal and running "/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/./Rocksmith2014.app/Contents/MacOS/Rocksmith2014" but I just got a Segmentation fault:11.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? I'm not sure how I can fix this.

Thanks for any help!

• Like 2

• Administrator

Here's a patching system that does what @@Angra1982 do in a more "practical" way for different cases :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1ZKYtpB0vu2WnJWZzdtUkp6SU0

1) Extract anywhere

2) Run the "RUN_PATCH_RS.command"

3) Launch Rocksmith 2014 Remastered via steam (do not use the RSinjector anymore)

4) ???

5) Profit!

Note 1 : You won't have to repatch the app unless there's a new update

Note 2 : RS should be in the standard installation path and Steam too.

Some user might encounter permission issue, here are two way to edit it :

Anyone that have issue with this please indicate :

• MAC OS version
  • Steam path
  • How RS react to CDLC

Side note, if it works for you please indicate your MAC OS version so that we can know which version are correctly supported.

Confirmed so far :

@@Wepeel Tutorial for those who had trouble with those instructions : http://customsforge.com/topic/33889-how-to-add-custom-songs-on-mac/

Credits :

Thanks for 0x0L over the github too for tolerating me and creating msot of that script!

https://github.com/rscustom/RSInjector-Mac/

@@Lovroman for the same thing :D

@@Angra1982 that insert_dylib is quite a discovery! Nice work!

• Like 21

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

cause of this issue is update of rocksmith remastered https://www.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/5as6gx/patch_notes_rocksmith_2014_edition_remastered/

you can check if you've got same build, just launch your game normally w\o rsinjector

• Like 2

I've been playing yesterday with the remastered version, with the last RS Injector, no problems, but steam took a lot today to update (and did'nt let me open it without uptade) Today, same issue as other mates, RSInjector crashes, and if i try to open a DCLC with unmodified Rocksmith, it allow me open, but just not play. Something has changed in steam, sure

• Like 1

• Administrator

The game has been update and CDLC doesn't work anymore for MAC user ONLY. We are aware and we asked the dev of the RSinjector app to look into it.

• Like 8

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Found a solution for the mac users. First let steam update and DON?T close it. Then disable wifi, enter time machine, chose yesterday, and search rocksmith on finder. You'll find an app located in a Steam folder, restore it, and you'll get the last available version that runs.

As next time that Steam starts, probably will update again, it would be a good idea to put this version in a folder beside Rocksmith app. Just in case, if you add new CDLC, you should add both the functional Rocksmith and the security one in the folder, so if Steam update the new one, and you copy again the old one, it will be yet with the CDLC.

Maybe it's not a very good solution, but at least it works.

• Like 2

• Administrator

@@Riosmol Yes but so far the dev of the RSinjector has been unresponsive, we are looking into it and anyone with coding knowledge wtih xcode can always contact me via PM to help.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

@@Mimamau The "only" thing that is really needed is to find the new address of the blocking part of the code to changed it

PS : If i could i would. Just in case someone ask why i haven't done this yet...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@Mimamau, if you want you can searhc for byte pattern from desired address, like i did  in my earlier patch, that will eliminate need in changing exact address eachtime but increase time to patch (whitch is nisot that huge amount, about 500ms)

• Administrator

@@Alex360 Is it possible for you to update this : https://github.com/rscustom/RSInjector-Mac to point toward the address after the last updateso that user are back in working order as soon as possible?

Then we'll worry about making it "update proof"...

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

I'm gonna back track a little as i might have gone a bit too fast on some element.

Looking at this code from the actual (not working) RSInjector, it is indeed looking for the signature (the set of instruction) to locate the code so it's not an address that need to be changed but the signature that needs to be updated (meaning that the set of instruction must have changed).

Anyone that have the old exe would be very nice to share it so that we can work on finding the new set of instruction.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

@@vasily the segLen sadly won't change anything as it's the signature of the set of instruction that we are looking (it was my mistake as i didn't really understood the whole code for the RSinjector). Anyone with the old (equivalent) of the executable would be very kind to share it :D

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography